Bless Trump's Heart

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

Bless Trump's Heart

Post by fatman »

I think all you partisans stress too much about these candidates. I don't think it makes a huge difference in my daily life if Obama, Hillary, or Trump is POTUS. The economy is on basically the same trajectory as it was during Obama's admin(unemployment is ticking up just slightly in recent measures, but it is a small increase) and I think it would have been on a very similar path with Hillary in office. I find Hillary very hard to listen to on TV and Trump is simply the most amusing President to follow during my lifetime.

I'm not sure what else Trump has up his sleeve, but if he has anything better than this Mooch guy in the works, I'll be impressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le0Q4AzcGjA
cwtcr hokie

Re: Bless Trump's Heart

Post by cwtcr hokie »

fatman wrote:I think all you partisans stress too much about these candidates. I don't think it makes a huge difference in my daily life if Obama, Hillary, or Trump is POTUS. The economy is on basically the same trajectory as it was during Obama's admin(unemployment is ticking up just slightly in recent measures, but it is a small increase) and I think it would have been on a very similar path with Hillary in office. I find Hillary very hard to listen to on TV and Trump is simply the most amusing President to follow during my lifetime.

I'm not sure what else Trump has up his sleeve, but if he has anything better than this Mooch guy in the works, I'll be impressed.
what about solar tho?

You are wrong on the same as if Thunder thighs won, part of the optimism that is bouying the stock market and the consumer confidence is that the gov. will decrease and be less intrusive in our lives. Of course we are seeing the true DC in congress but I expected that
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

We're continuing the great performance of George W Bush. Thankfully only ignorant partisans blame him for issues in their life, right FatTroll?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I just know that YBYSAIADumbass must be loving Trump considering how important he thought the NYSE was as a metric of a President's performance.

I'm also glad to see Fatman admit that Trump's proposed policies aren't detrimental to economic growth in the US.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:I just know that YBYSAIADumbass must be loving Trump considering how important he thought the NYSE was as a metric of a President's performance.

I'm also glad to see Fatman admit that Trump's proposed policies aren't detrimental to economic growth in the US.

I'm amused that he thinks Obama had similar growth, the only modern president to not break 3% gdp.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

fatman wrote:I think all you partisans stress too much about these candidates. I don't think it makes a huge difference in my daily life if Obama, Hillary, or Trump is POTUS. The economy is on basically the same trajectory as it was during Obama's admin(unemployment is ticking up just slightly in recent measures, but it is a small increase) and I think it would have been on a very similar path with Hillary in office. I find Hillary very hard to listen to on TV and Trump is simply the most amusing President to follow during my lifetime.

Hang on to your hat... Trump is just getting started! LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Warning, John Olver is inside that link. Bless FatTroll's heart.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I just know that YBYSAIADumbass must be loving Trump considering how important he thought the NYSE was as a metric of a President's performance.

I'm amused that he thinks Obama had similar growth, the only modern president to not break 3% gdp.
He's killing it in office. 0.6% GDP growth in the first quarter of 2017, compared to 0.6% in the first quarter of 2016.

863K jobs created for the year to 6/1/17 (latest available data on FRED) compared to 955K in the year to 6/1/16.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

He's killing it in office. 0.6% GDP growth in the first quarter of 2017, compared to 0.6% in the first quarter of 2016.

863K jobs created for the year to 6/1/17 (latest available data on FRED) compared to 955K in the year to 6/1/16.[/quot

Obummer was based on 8 years, we will have to wait to compare apples to apples
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

863K jobs created for the year to 6/1/17 (latest available data on FRED) compared to 955K in the year to 6/1/16.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/26/us-q1-2 ... g-gdp.html
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

863K jobs created for the year to 6/1/17 (latest available data on FRED) compared to 955K in the year to 6/1/16.[/quot

Agree, it's a stupid. But it's stupid to think the jobs numbers or GDP growth under Trump is great but bad under Obama. They're identical.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Agree, it's a stupid. But it's stupid to think the jobs numbers or GDP growth under Trump is great but bad under Obama. They're identical.
Obama was .5, Trump is 1.2. Not sure why you keep calling them identical.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're looking at an old article (look at the date). GDP growth right from the source.

2016 is 0.6% in Q2, compared to 0.6% in 2017. Q1 2016 is 0.1% vs. 0.3% in 2017.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You're looking at an old article (look at the date). GDP growth right from the source.

2016 is 0.6% in Q2, compared to 0.6% in 2017. Q1 2016 is 0.1% vs. 0.3% in 2017.
Gross domestic product increased at a 1.2 percent annual rate instead of the 0.7 percent pace reported last month, the Commerce Department said in its second estimate on Friday.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:Gross domestic product increased at a 1.2 percent annual rate instead of the 0.7 percent pace reported last month, the Commerce Department said in its second estimate on Friday.
The linked article was from May. My numbers are accurate, downloaded today. I explained to you how to calculate percentages a few years ago, don't remember what your username was at the time.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Gross domestic product increased at a 1.2 percent annual rate instead of the 0.7 percent pace reported last month, the Commerce Department said in its second estimate on Friday.
The linked article was from May. My numbers are accurate, downloaded today. I explained to you how to calculate percentages a few years ago, don't remember what your username was at the time.
Ah, more wrongerism from you. Color me shocked.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
If you could remember the lesson from a few years ago you could go to bea.gov, download real quarterly GDP (it downloads annual and quarterly) and calculate it yourself.

FYI: X1 / X0 - 1
People who know, know.
fatman

Post by fatman »

awesome guy wrote:

Did I miss a huge jump in GDP or shift in the employment trends in 2017? Both are on the same recovery path they've been on since the end of the Bush recession. Other than his foolish energy policy, which is being ignored by Industry, Trump hasn't don't much of anything to speed/slow the economy. He talked big about Tax reform and HealthCare reform, but so far no changes have been put in place.

You guys are so sensitive. I'm not bashing Trump at all, I think he is hilarious and entertaining. Hillary is the opposite of funny and entertaining, I'm no fan of HC.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
If you could remember the lesson from a few years ago you could go to bea.gov, download real quarterly GDP (it downloads annual and quarterly) and calculate it yourself.

The one where you don't even know how to use basic features yet claim to use daily? You're one more obnoxious asshole.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

The one where you don't even know how to use basic features yet claim to use daily? You're one more obnoxious asshole.
Yeah, it's important for me to be able to screenshot data from bea.gov to a message board.

I don't use the data daily, and rarely use it for my job. I tend to use foreign country economic data more than U.S.

You're the a$$hole that called out my numbers, sadly for you they were correct and you just failed at calculating a percent.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Yeah, it's important for me to be able to screenshot data from bea.gov to a message board.

I don't use the data daily, and rarely use it for my job. I tend to use foreign country economic data more than U.S.

You're the a$$hole that called out my numbers, sadly for you they were correct and you just failed at calculating a percent.
You're a nut job by thinking me correcting your error is an asshole move. You've worked alone too long and aren't compatible with humans.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:You're a nut job by thinking me correcting your error is an asshole move. You've worked alone too long and aren't compatible with humans.
LOL! Again you were wrong, I provided details of the calculations and you quit responding, hell, it may have been the end of that username. I don't hold anything against you. I imagine you're a nice and maybe somewhat intelligent guy. Your UWS persona is an idiot.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You're a nut job by thinking me correcting your error is an asshole move. You've worked alone too long and aren't compatible with humans.
LOL! Again you were wrong, I provided details of the calculations and you quit responding, hell, it may have been the end of that username. I don't hold anything against you. I imagine you're a nice and maybe somewhat intelligent guy. Your UWS persona is an idiot.

LOL, I proved you wrong again and I'm the idiot. Derp de derp de. I bet you're just as retarded in real life as you are here.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

LOL, I proved you wrong again and I'm the idiot. Derp de derp de. I bet you're just as retarded in real life as you are here.
Not sure how you proved me wrong. You provided an article from a few months ago, then posted a GDP number with no comparison to 2016. I provided the actual quarterly GDP growth rates form bea.gov and compared 2016/2017.

Edit: Yes, you proved me wrong once again, as always. You're always right.
People who know, know.
fatman

Post by fatman »

awesome guy wrote:Warning, John Olver is inside that link. Bless FatTroll's heart.
I think you mean, "hilarious John Oliver video inside the link."

Also, I'm highly amused by H2 toying with you in this thread. That is an unexpected bonus.