Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

9 States will require Passports for domestic travel

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://www.inquisitr.com/4326878/these- ... g-in-2018/

Some people feel the need to never get a passport as they don’t travel outside of the United States, but that is all going to change in 2018. Starting at the beginning of next year, residents in nine states will need to have passports in order to take any kind of flight, whether it is international or domestic.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: 9 States will require Passports for domestic travel

Post by Hokie CPA »

Good thing I don't fly....

OTOH, I have been meaning to get a passport anyway. Wife wants to go on a cruise and I'd like a trip to Niagara Falls to be a vacation option, and you need a passport to go to Canadia and back.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

This is all a marketing campaign to shame the non-compliant states into complying. It's not actually going to come to fruition.

You can still fly even if you don't have an ID - you just have to fill out paperwork and get printed.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

BigDave wrote:This is all a marketing campaign to shame the non-compliant states into complying. It's not actually going to come to fruition.

You can still fly even if you don't have an ID - you just have to fill out paperwork and get printed.
Pennsylvania is going to comply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:http://www.inquisitr.com/4326878/these- ... g-in-2018/

Some people feel the need to never get a passport as they don’t travel outside of the United States, but that is all going to change in 2018. Starting at the beginning of next year, residents in nine states will need to have passports in order to take any kind of flight, whether it is international or domestic.
Or OTHER forms of ID:

"“Effective January 22, 2018, air travelers with identification that does not meet the REAL ID Act requirements and whose state does not have an extension must present an alternative form of identification in order to board a domestic flight. Examples of acceptable forms of identification include U.S. military or dependent ID, DHS trusted traveler cards, airline or airport-issued ID, passport book or passport card, or federally recognized tribal-issued photo ID."
miles

Post by miles »

Goddam Yankees, especially New Yawk assholes should be required to show three forms of photo ID and birth certificate to travel, eat, rent, purchase, stay, or just open their goddam mouths anywhere south of Pennsylvania. They are a major source of problems everywhere they crawl.

:roll:
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote:Goddam Yankees, especially New Yawk assholes should be required to show three forms of photo ID and birth certificate to travel, eat, rent, purchase, stay, or just open their goddam mouths anywhere south of Pennsylvania. They are a major source of problems everywhere they crawl.

I have a nice hologram of my photo on mine. And it's a great photo.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

miles wrote:Goddam Yankees, especially New Yawk assholes should be required to show three forms of photo ID and birth certificate to travel, eat, rent, purchase, stay, or just open their goddam mouths anywhere south of Pennsylvania. They are a major source of problems everywhere they crawl.

[emoji375] [emoji375]

Southern traitors should stay in their Yankee hell too.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

nolanvt wrote:
BigDave wrote:This is all a marketing campaign to shame the non-compliant states into complying. It's not actually going to come to fruition.

Probably so, marketing campaign, but until the States comply, just under the wire, it may be difficult to get a passport in time if one needs to travel early next year.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Techmomof2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Probably so, marketing campaign, but until the States comply, just under the wire, it may be difficult to get a passport in time if one needs to travel early next year.
I already have a passport, so I'll be good to go.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Passport isn't all that's accepted. I'm not sure how CA is considered safe though when they issue to illegal aliens.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.