The Google Memo: 4 Scientists Respond

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

The Google Memo: 4 Scientists Respond

Post by USN_Hokie »

This article is so good the leftists are DDoS'ing their website. I've been trying to link it all day to no avail. Found an archived version.

https://archive.is/z6xxP
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: The Google Memo: 4 Scientists Respond

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:This article is so good the leftists are DDoS'ing their website. I've been trying to link it all day to no avail. Found an archived version.

https://archive.is/z6xxP
But, conservatives are fascists! LOL......good stuff. Thanks for posting.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is a great point that really deserves highlighting. You see this same trend in almost every gender equality program:
Here, I just want to take a step back from the memo controversy, to highlight a paradox at the heart of the ‘equality and diversity’ dogma that dominates American corporate life. The memo didn’t address this paradox directly, but I think it’s implicit in the author’s critique of Google’s diversity programs. This dogma relies on two core assumptions:

1. The human sexes and races have exactly the same minds, with precisely identical distributions of traits, aptitudes, interests, and motivations; therefore, any inequalities of outcome in hiring and promotion must be due to systemic sexism and racism;

2. The human sexes and races have such radically different minds, backgrounds, perspectives, and insights, that companies must increase their demographic diversity in order to be competitive; any lack of demographic diversity must be due to short-sighted management that favors groupthink.

The obvious problem is that these two core assumptions are diametrically opposed.
He then goes on to explain precisely why this is the case. It's a sharp argument.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is a great point that really deserves highlighting. You see this same trend in almost every gender equality program:
Here, I just want to take a step back from the memo controversy, to highlight a paradox at the heart of the ‘equality and diversity’ dogma that dominates American corporate life. The memo didn’t address this paradox directly, but I think it’s implicit in the author’s critique of Google’s diversity programs. This dogma relies on two core assumptions:

1. The human sexes and races have exactly the same minds, with precisely identical distributions of traits, aptitudes, interests, and motivations; therefore, any inequalities of outcome in hiring and promotion must be due to systemic sexism and racism;

2. The human sexes and races have such radically different minds, backgrounds, perspectives, and insights, that companies must increase their demographic diversity in order to be competitive; any lack of demographic diversity must be due to short-sighted management that favors groupthink.

The obvious problem is that these two core assumptions are diametrically opposed.
He then goes on to explain precisely why this is the case. It's a sharp argument.
Nailed it. Plus the results just aren't there from diversity. People of liked minds tend to get more done.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This is a great point that really deserves highlighting. You see this same trend in almost every gender equality program:

Nailed it. Plus the results just aren't there from diversity. People of liked minds tend to get more done.
That brings up another good point. The Google *diversity* head who provided the company response to the memo has a total conflict of interest in providing any rebuttal to it. If the memo is right (and it is), she serves no purpose - actually, she would be (and she is) counter productive.