The Wrong Narrative in Charlottesville

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

The Wrong Narrative in Charlottesville

Post by HokieHam »

The political violence in Charlottesville yesterday was as predictable as it was futile. One person was killed and dozens badly injured, marking a new low in the political and cultural wars that are as heated as any time since in America since the 1960s.

This relentless politicization of American culture has eroded goodwill and inflamed the worst impulses in society. Antifa and the alt-right may represent simple-minded expressions of hatred and fear, but both groups are animated entirely by politics: the perception that others can impose their will on us politically. The only lasting solution to political violence is to make politics matter less.
https://mises.org/blog/wrong-narrative-charlottesville

Dang good article.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Re: The Wrong Narrative in Charlottesville

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
The political violence in Charlottesville yesterday was as predictable as it was futile. One person was killed and dozens badly injured, marking a new low in the political and cultural wars that are as heated as any time since in America since the 1960s.

This relentless politicization of American culture has eroded goodwill and inflamed the worst impulses in society. Antifa and the alt-right may represent simple-minded expressions of hatred and fear, but both groups are animated entirely by politics: the perception that others can impose their will on us politically. The only lasting solution to political violence is to make politics matter less.

Dang good article.......
never mind that the MSM spent the week saying that alt-right and nazis were marching in Cville, while that may have been part of the group the purpose was to protest the removal of a historical monument, not to put down any other race.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the purpose was to protest the removal of a historical monument, not to put down any other race.
The monuments were built specifically to put down other races.

(Cue the "but it's mah heritage" posts)

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:the purpose was to protest the removal of a historical monument, not to put down any other race.
The monuments were built specifically to put down other races.

(Cue the "but it's mah heritage" posts)
So, I'm assuming this "feeling" of yours is something you can back up with documentable fact? I'd like to see you produce a statement from the organization which commissioned the statue in question, or perhaps text from a speech made upon the statue's unveiling, where someone said, "this statue's purpose is to put down blacks"

I'll wait.
Methinks you are projecting.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

HokieHam wrote:

Dang good article.......
Great find and a fantastic article. I have been shouting this from my soapbox for a long time. The politics have become the personal...