I hope Houtex is okay.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

I hope Houtex is okay.

Post by RiverguyVT »

I really do.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: I hope Houtex is okay.

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Me too Riverguy. Based on his posts, I believe he lives near River Oaks. That area was particularly hard hit I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RWNJ too
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I was thinking of Houtex this morning...I hope he's OK.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Ditto.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Major Kong wrote:I was thinking of Houtex this morning...I hope he's OK.
I'm with you guys. I hope he is well.
miles

Post by miles »

My brother lives in Katy. He and his wife have a beautiful single story home on a cul-de-sac in a very nice upscale area on beautifully landscaped property.
Yesterday, water had risen to 38" in the street and came up over the driveway about 10 feet from the street.
Rain had stopped, and Bob was hopeful water would recede some as has happened before. This was the third time over past twenty years water had covered the street and came up his driveway. Last night it started raining again, and within 30 minutes it entered the house. At this time, he has 8" inches in the house. Of course, he and the neighbors are all trapped by the water. Nobody has a boat, and the situation is a mess. All utilities remain available. However the toilets are gurgling, so he won't flush them. He has selectively shut several breakers and keeps watch over the circuits remaining. He has a generator, but that is not helpful at this time.
Nothing to do but wait.

I'm sure Lud will blame Trump. And Bush.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

miles wrote:My brother lives in Katy. He and his wife have a beautiful single story home on a cul-de-sac in a very nice upscale area on beautifully landscaped property.
Yesterday, water had risen to 38" in the street and came up over the driveway about 10 feet from the street.
Rain had stopped, and Bob was hopeful water would recede some as has happened before. This was the third time over past twenty years water had covered the street and came up his driveway. Last night it started raining again, and within 30 minutes it entered the house. At this time, he has 8" inches in the house. Of course, he and the neighbors are all trapped by the water. Nobody has a boat, and the situation is a mess. All utilities remain available. However the toilets are gurgling, so he won't flush them. He has selectively shut several breakers and keeps watch over the circuits remaining. He has a generator, but that is not helpful at this time.
Nothing to do but wait.

That's terrible. Ugh.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

miles wrote:My brother lives in Katy. He and his wife have a beautiful single story home on a cul-de-sac in a very nice upscale area on beautifully landscaped property.
Nothing to do but wait.

Prayers buddy
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Nothing to do but wait.

Oh man.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Nothing to do but wait.

I wish him and his family the best in this tryng time.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

miles

Post by miles »

Ah, my brother be ok. Thanks for your prayers, though he's not particularly religious.
He is a Hokie, however - EE, '69. Registered PE everywhere. Worked all over the world. Power and Marine. He's a mechanical/electrical genius and can do or fix practically anything himself. Hell, his three car garage is a real garage (know what I mean, Vern?) Wifey's a Brit, though a naturalized U.S. citizen now. No kids. Their possessions are their kids. They have a ton of "stuff" and they're hoarders as well. They've never been able to part with anything.
That's what will be devastating for them.
miles

Post by miles »

miles wrote:Ah, my brother be ok. Thanks for your prayers, though he's not particularly religious.
He is a Hokie, however - EE, '69. Registered PE everywhere. Worked all over the world. Power and Marine. He's a mechanical/electrical genius and can do or fix practically anything himself. Hell, his three car garage is a real garage (know what I mean, Vern?) Wifey's a Brit, though a naturalized U.S. citizen now. No kids. Their possessions are their kids. They have a ton of "stuff" and they're hoarders as well. They've never been able to part with anything.
Well, damn...
Brother bit the bullet and called the Coast Guard about 90 minutes ago. releases from the reservoirs which are fairly near them
exacerbated the situation and water rose again. That and wife is not in great shape physically to endure this. Coast Guard will come and get them. Not sure when. They will go to live with some friends, temporarily, out of the flood zone. This is the start of what will be a long drawn out train wreck that will probably take two years or more to repair. Who knows when he can get back to the house, and what will be there, let alone salvageable. :o :shock: :( :cry:
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

miles wrote:
miles wrote:Ah, my brother be ok. Thanks for your prayers, though he's not particularly religious.
Well, damn...
Brother bit the bullet and called the Coast Guard about 90 minutes ago. releases from the reservoirs which are fairly near them
exacerbated the situation and water rose again. That and wife is not in great shape physically to endure this. Coast Guard will come and get them. Not sure when. They will go to live with some friends, temporarily, out of the flood zone. This is the start of what will be a long drawn out train wreck that will probably take two years or more to repair. Who knows when he can get back to the house, and what will be there, let alone salvageable. :o :shock: :( :cry:
Sorry to hear. At least there's nothing irreplaceable lost.