Study: Pot creates laziness in sperm even.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Study: Pot creates laziness in sperm even.

Post by USN_Hokie »

Marijuana might not affect us in the same ways that alcohol does, but it's a huge moral hazard to let loose in a society (let alone trying to balance your budget off of) and we don't even have a good understanding of its health effects.
Smoking marijuana causes fertility problems because it makes men’s sperm ‘lazily swim in circles’ say experts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rcles.html
HvilleHokie

Re: Study: Pot creates laziness in sperm even.

Post by HvilleHokie »

I'm glad we have a nanny state to protect us from the dangers of lazy sperm!
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:Marijuana might not affect us in the same ways that alcohol does, but it's a huge moral hazard to let loose in a society (let alone trying to balance your budget off of) and we don't even have a good understanding of its health effects.
Smoking marijuana causes fertility problems because it makes men’s sperm ‘lazily swim in circles’ say experts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rcles.html
Bogarting bastards :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:I'm glad we have a nanny state to protect us from the dangers of lazy sperm!
This is about what good people in a good society should tolerate.

That you think this is about a nanny state just speaks to the fact that you're a liberal who thinks bureaucrats should be the arbiter or right and wrong.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:I'm glad we have a nanny state to protect us from the dangers of lazy sperm!

That you think this is about a nanny state just speaks to the fact that you're a liberal who thinks bureaucrats should be the arbiter or right and wrong.
Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Bullshit.

Everything (laws, religion, societal norms) is downstream from culture. Lazy potheads = shitty culture.

Nothing to do with a nanny state any more than laws against murder have to do with a nanny state. Or, would you murder and rape if there weren't laws against it (lol, wait, I forgot I was asking a lawyer this).
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Bullshit.

Everything (laws, religion, societal norms) is downstream from culture. Lazy potheads = shitty culture.

Nothing to do with a nanny state any more than laws against murder have to do with a nanny state. Or, would you murder and rape if there weren't laws against it (lol, wait, I forgot I was asking a lawyer this).
Please. You should be embarrassed for typing that.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Bullshit.

I eagerly await your argument.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Bullshit.

Red meat doesn't give you lazy sperm, but it gives you high cholesterol. Although me eating red meat or smoking pot does not affect you, you think it's unhealthy so it should be prohibited. That's nanny state cap'n.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bullshit.

Red meat doesn't give you lazy sperm, but it gives you high cholesterol. Although me eating red meat or smoking pot does not affect you, you think it's unhealthy so it should be prohibited. That's nanny state cap'n.

Red meat gives you B12, something your body needs to live.

There is no healthy dose of pot. Marijuana gives you sloth-like, infertile people with no upside aside from a temporary escape from reality perhaps.

And, as I told HvilleHokie - I'm not a statist, so I don't think we necessarily need government to "prohibit" undesirable / immoral behavior. This is about what good people in a good society should tolerate.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bullshit.

There is no healthy dose of pot. Marijuana gives you sloth-like, infertile people with no upside aside from a temporary escape from reality perhaps.

And, as I told HvilleHokie - I'm not a statist, so I don't think we necessarily need government to "prohibit" undesirable / immoral behavior. This is about what good people in a good society should tolerate.
It usually works the other way where the statists prevent you from firing or will force association with immoral people, like gays. So if they legalized drugs then their next move is making drug users a protected class as morals and the law are one to such people.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Bullshit.

OK dad.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Please. You should be embarrassed for typing that.

OK dad.

You should be embarrassed for typing that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Please. You should be embarrassed for typing that.

OK dad.

Why? Should I have used Nannie instead of dad?

I think some kids may be on your lawn. Go check.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK dad.

So far, the only argument you've provided in this thread is:

1. USN wouldn't ban a category of food needed for life.
2. ???
3. OMG, USN is a puritanical hypocrite! *clutches pearls*

Maybe I'm not an old man - but rather, you're just immature? Something to think about.

Think of society as a house, and citizens of the society are like roommates in the house. If one of your roommates wanted to smoke pot and eat doritos all day, would you support that? What would you do to make them a productive housemate? To make the analogy better, let's pretend you can kick them out for the sake of argument.

We're all "housemates" living in this big house called America. When IP becomes a deadbeat pot smoker, it affects everyone else who has to pull your weight. Hence - the question I proposed in an earlier thread: you can have/promote vice, or a welfare state. If IP wants to smoke pot all day and eat doritos, then he can suffer the consequences.

You and HvilleHokie are the nannie state'rs who want me to pay for your bills while you smoke pot. I'm OK with you smoking pot, let's just adjust the terms of the sublease so you suffer the consequences of your actions.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote: Think of society as a house, and citizens of the society are like roommates in the house. If one of your roommates wanted to smoke pot and eat doritos all day, would you support that? What would you do to make them a productive housemate? To make the analogy better, let's pretend you can kick them out for the sake of argument.

We're all "housemates" living in this big house called America. When IP becomes a deadbeat pot smoker, it affects everyone else who has to pull your weight. Hence - the question I proposed in an earlier thread: you can have/promote vice, or a welfare state. If IP wants to smoke pot all day and eat doritos, then he can suffer the consequences.

You and HvilleHokie are the nannie state'rs who want me to pay for your bills while you smoke pot. I'm OK with you smoking pot, let's just adjust the terms of the sublease so you suffer the consequences of your actions.
By the way, this is my critique of libertarianism (not that IP or Hville are libertarians) in general. They preach about freedom to do whatever you want and borderless societies all while we live somewhere with "safety nets" which hand out money to people that don't have it. Then, they're silly enough to think that (for example) hordes of starving central/south Americans pouring over the borders are future libertarian voters? LOL, they're "rent seekers", just like the "refugees" in Europe. They're here for benefits, and they will damn well vote for more of them at their first opportunity. I don't blame them; I might do the same thing if I were in their shoes. That's irrelevant in a policy discussion, though.

I don't take any libertarian serious unless their first priority is ending the welfare state. Otherwise, their platform is essentially the destruction of libertarianism.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It usually works the other way where the statists prevent you from firing or will force association with immoral people, like gays. So if they legalized drugs then their next move is making drug users a protected class as morals and the law are one to such people.
Just have to cover all of their drug issues under medicaid. The cost for the nanny state grows!
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Think of society as a house, and citizens of the society are like roommates in the house. If one of your roommates wanted to smoke pot and eat doritos all day, would you support that? What would you do to make them a productive housemate? To make the analogy better, let's pretend you can kick them out for the sake of argument.

By the way, this is my critique of libertarianism (not that IP or Hville are libertarians) in general. They preach about freedom to do whatever you want and borderless societies all while we live somewhere with "safety nets" which hand out money to people that don't have it. Then, they're silly enough to think that (for example) hordes of starving central/south Americans pouring over the borders are future libertarian voters? LOL, they're "rent seekers", just like the "refugees" in Europe. They're here for benefits, and they will damn well vote for more of them at their first opportunity. I don't blame them; I might do the same thing if I were in their shoes. That's irrelevant in a policy discussion, though.

I don't take any libertarian serious unless their first priority is ending the welfare state. Otherwise, their platform is essentially the destruction of libertarianism.
TLDR.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

TLDR.

Hopefully your profession doesn't require too much reading.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK dad.

So far, the only argument you've provided in this thread is:

1. USN wouldn't ban a category of food needed for life.
2. ???
3. OMG, USN is a puritanical hypocrite! *clutches pearls*

Maybe I'm not an old man - but rather, you're just immature? Something to think about.

Think of society as a house, and citizens of the society are like roommates in the house. If one of your roommates wanted to smoke pot and eat doritos all day, would you support that? What would you do to make them a productive housemate? To make the analogy better, let's pretend you can kick them out for the sake of argument.

So you agree that pot should be legalized as long as we don't have welfare? Sounds like you and I agree!