Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Stop using the Google search engine!

Post by Techmomof2 »

DuckDuckGo!

http://www.govtslaves.com/2017-09-02-go ... stead.html

Sick and tired of Google? So am I. What once started out as a portal to your favorite websites has turned into an out of control spy machine that even George Orwell couldn’t have envisioned. Or maybe that was the plan all along. Over the last few months, Google’s been under intense scrutiny from pundits on the right and left over their increasingly dangerous practices, whether it be their skewed search results that seem to target Conservatives or their intentional demonetization of right leaning websites through their AdSense program. Google has shown us their true colors. They hate the right, but more importantly, they hate free speech.

The statistics are alarming. Google has a stranglehold on search, controlling 81% of the market. With such dominance, we could easily label Google a monopoly. Unfortunately, even with that label, nothing would change. Washington is just the policy arm of big business and would never say no to Google’s endless supply of cash that seems to flood the streets of D.C.

Over the years I’ve learned the only way we can institute change on a large scale is to economically punish companies who refuse to play fair. We can wait for Washington, hold protests and demonstrations, make YouTube videos, write a million stories, and it still won’t change a damn thing. The only way we can get a company’s attention is to stop using their product. It’s that simple, but if you’re unwilling to change your daily habit of using Google, they will win. It’s time for people who care about truth and freedom to put their money where their mouth is and stop using Google.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Stop using the Google search engine!

Post by USN_Hokie »

I've been using "Quant" for a couple weeks and really like it. Duck duck go has always been Meh IMO.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Like TM2, i use duck duck.

Never heard of quant. Why is it better?

USN_Hokie wrote:I've been using "Quant" for a couple weeks and really like it. Duck duck go has always been Meh IMO.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Like TM2, i use duck duck.

Never heard of quant. Why is it better?

USN_Hokie wrote:I've been using "Quant" for a couple weeks and really like it. Duck duck go has always been Meh IMO.
I get better search results with the same privacy protection. I was constantly frustrated with Duck duck go trying to find anything.