NH: 5300+ Fraudulent Votes cast. May have shifted elections

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: NH: 5300+ Fraudulent Votes cast. May have shifted elect

Post by 133743Hokie »

who knew you could use an out of state license to vote!

Come one, come all. We're just lil' ol' backwoods New Hampshire. We're trusting. No one would try to deceive US!
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Unpossible.

We've heard many times how voter fraud was insignificant, and any occurrences are far too rare to risk 'disenfranchisement".
#JusticeForNolan
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:who knew you could use an out of state license to vote!

Come one, come all. We're just lil' ol' backwoods New Hampshire. We're trusting. No one would try to deceive US!
Crazy, isn't it?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

From reading the article and the court case it references, it looks like the NH supreme court came up with a ridiculous ruling that people registering to vote in New Hampshire could not be told that by registering to vote, you are declaring yourself to be a resident and need to comply with other laws, such as registering your car and registering for a NH driver's license within 60 days.

It doesn't look like the NH Supreme Court changed the underling law - you still have to do those things - you just can't be told you do.

So I'd be curious how many of these people voted both in NH and in another state ...
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Well, as usual.....The Unusuals are silent on this......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote:From reading the article and the court case it references, it looks like the NH supreme court came up with a ridiculous ruling that people registering to vote in New Hampshire could not be told that by registering to vote, you are declaring yourself to be a resident and need to comply with other laws, such as registering your car and registering for a NH driver's license within 60 days.

It doesn't look like the NH Supreme Court changed the underling law - you still have to do those things - you just can't be told you do.

So I'd be curious how many of these people voted both in NH and in another state ...
Why are they saying that you can't tell them they need to do those things? That makes no sense.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:From reading the article and the court case it references, it looks like the NH supreme court came up with a ridiculous ruling that people registering to vote in New Hampshire could not be told that by registering to vote, you are declaring yourself to be a resident and need to comply with other laws, such as registering your car and registering for a NH driver's license within 60 days.

Why are they saying that you can't tell them they need to do those things? That makes no sense.
Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever. I'd like to think that had it been appealed further, the US Supreme Court would have laughed that logic out of court, but since it was completely an issue of state law, I don't know that the US Supreme Court even looks at it.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk