The Governor of WV is a dolt

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

The Governor of WV is a dolt

Post by nolanvt »

In summation, a couple of people with Boston accents claiming to be WV natives are offended by the name "Hillbilly Hotdogs", and the Governor has (allegedly) threatened to revoke their business license if they don't change it - one of the suggestions being "Appalachian American Hot Dogs" (LOL).
Hillbilly Hotdogs Ordered to Change Name or Close Doors
Written by Edward G. Acres

LESAGE- When Sonny and Sharie opened their unique restaurant in 1999, they had nothing but love in their heart for each other ...and for West Virginia. That love seems to be one sided. This week, Governor Earl Ray Tomblin has called upon Hillbilly Hotdogs to change their offensive name or close forever.

Fourteen years ago, Sonny and Sharie arrived from California and decided to do something they could both work at and be together. They chose the name, "Hillbilly Hotdogs" [LINK] in honor of the attitude they found and loved in the mountain state. "Everyone here was laid back, loved life and took things easy", said Sonny Knight. "We wanted our customers to come here and do just that! Relax and enjoy a good hot dog. Fast food at a slower pace."

With two locations, LeSage and Huntington, their hillbilly decor and unique menu have made Hillbilly Hotdogs an absolute MUST stop for anyone passing through West Virginia. In fact, they are so popular they've gotten national attention from Food Network, The Travel Channel and others. Hillbilly Hotdogs has been featured on more than one prime time show. "Guy Fieri came here and seemed to really have a good time hanging out with customers in our buses. He's part of our family, now."

Perhaps the national attention was what prompted the Governor's office to contact the Knights and ask them to change their name.

"There were only about two or three real complaints," said Tomblin's spokesperson, Gloria Fyde-Scecritery. "But we have to take all complaints like this seriously. They had a Boston accent, but they assured me they were born and raised in West Virginia. Anyway, they said the name 'Hillbilly' was insulting and derogatory to all West Virginians. Since we only want to put forth the best image we're politely asking the Knights to change their name."

"There was nothing polite about it," confided Sharie. "They demanded we change our name or lose our business license. Can they do that? We don't want to change our name! Certainly not with the names that have been suggested, 'Appalachian American Hotdogs'? That doesn't sound welcoming or laidback. It sounds like someone who has their nose firmly stuck in the air."

"We're not changing a thing," says Sonny. "We respect Governor Tomblin, but he can't force us to change our name OR close us down.

"However, he can come and enjoy a hotdog or two. And if he's nice, we might even sing him our Weenie Song!"
http://thediggerer.com/component/k2/ite ... _type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Re: The Governor of WV is a dolt

Post by nolanvt »

I think I got duped.

Yup, I didn't recognize it as a satire news site at first. Move along. Nothing to see here.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I think I got duped.

Yup, I didn't recognize it as a satire news site at first. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Damn, and I was looking forward to an Alpaca burger ("The New Other White Meat") too...

http://thewvramp.com/component/k2/item/ ... white-meat

:mrgreen:
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

In your defense, it's a WV satire news site, so most of the stories are plausible. :lol:
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:

In your defense, it's a WV satire news site, so most of the stories are plausible. :lol:
I know. Earl Ray (yes, that's what the Governor goes by) isn't that bright of a guy, so it was a good hook. He only became Governor after Manchin was elected to the Senate since he was the equivalent of a Lt. Gov. as President of the State Senate.