50% of millennials would give up voting rights in exchange..

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

50% of millennials would give up voting rights in exchange..

Post by USN_Hokie »

...for student loan debt forgiveness.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/nation ... ans-erased

They're slaves either way.

AG will love this: a smaller proportion of respondents would give up Uber/Lyft in exchange for debt forgiveness. :lol:

"Other extremes include a willingness to ditch ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft (44%) and giving up travel outside of the country for five years (42%) to have student loans forgiven."
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: 50% of millennials would give up voting rights in exchan

Post by ip_law-hokie »

If any of you rednecks want to play me 50K in cash to never vote again, I would take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by ip_law-hokie on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Haha, nice!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:If any of you rednecks want to play me 50K in cash to never vote again, I would take it.

It's not never. It's to not vote in the next 2 POTUS elections.

"According to a new survey from Credible, a personal finance website, 50% of all respondents (ages 18-34) said they would give up their right to vote during the next two presidential elections in order to never have to make another loan payment again."
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:If any of you rednecks want to play me 50K in cash to never vote again, I would take it.

"According to a new survey from Credible, a personal finance website, 50% of all respondents (ages 18-34) said they would give up their right to vote during the next two presidential elections in order to never have to make another loan payment again."
My conclusion from all that is half of all Millenials are stupid idiots who overvalue the importance of one vote.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

My conclusion from all that is half of all Millenials are stupid idiots who overvalue the importance of one vote.

The plan is that we get them to give up voting rights for two elections, then elect congressmen who promise to pass an amendment removing their right to vote (and use Uber...why not?) forever. It's genius.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Why do that when we can have you lie about not voting for Hillary for free right now?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

If I had student loans, I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Sell my right of franchise for 2 POTUS elections :?: Sign me up. :mrgreen:

Drat way to old. :P
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:Sell my right of franchise for 2 POTUS elections :?: Sign me up. :mrgreen:

Drat way to old. :P
I'm sure we can find a way for you to get a student loan approved.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Two elections? They are out of their damn minds. I would totally 'write off' their school loans to lock them out of voting for life. It would save us many times over.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Conversely I think most see their vote as meaningless in the big picture (how their state votes/leans) and they are more interested in clearing out their debt than voting in a state where their vote doesn''t matter because the democrats already have a strong advantage.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Conversely I think most see their vote as meaningless in the big picture (how their state votes/leans) and they are more interested in clearing out their debt than voting in a state where their vote doesn''t matter because the democrats already have a strong advantage.
If they're in a democrat state, they're used to be paid TO vote. This is a curve ball!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.