Vegas: 20+ killed, up to 100 injured at music festival.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Vegas: 20+ killed, up to 100 injured at music festival.

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: And we will continue to see it more and more. Guess we aren't praying hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I prayed that Hillary would lose. Looks like it's good at stopping some forms of evil, but I don't understand what that has to do with your libertarian platform, IP.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:So much for the theory that he did it because he was in financial ruin..
evil, pure evil, sadly we are seeing it more and more
And we will continue to see it more and more. Guess we aren't praying hard enough.

sorry bud, not religious, don't think praying will do anything. Security at the event with a vantage point and good rifles would be effective though, and lots of structural barriers around the venue and of course since this guy owned planes a net over the venue
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: And we will continue to see it more and more. Guess we aren't praying hard enough.

Well, I prayed that Hillary would lose. Looks like it's good at stopping some forms of evil, but I don't understand what that has to do with your libertarian platform, IP.
I don't profess to religiously adhere to any party ideology, cwtcr. I don't consider myself a partisan. Nevertheless, praying about it does seem to be consistent with the libertarian and conservative response to this tragedy.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Major Kong wrote:She's gone from CBS
Police are now reporting that they found two bump stocks in his room, but are not sure he actually used them. I read a Popular Mechanics article on it, but still don't quite understand how they work.

Anyone familiar with them?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:So much for the theory that he did it because he was in financial ruin..
And we will continue to see it more and more. Guess we aren't praying hard enough.

sorry bud, not religious, don't think praying will do anything. Security at the event with a vantage point and good rifles would be effective though, and lots of structural barriers around the venue and of course since this guy owned planes a net over the venue
Here's one guys take. Had never heard of the band, but admire the guitarist's ability to admit that he was wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... c67519d311

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Police are now reporting that they found two bump stocks in his room, but are not sure he actually used them. I read a Popular Mechanics article on it, but still don't quite understand how they work.

The stock recoils and pushes the weapon back into the finger, thusly the dump. I don't think he used that and instead modified to full auto.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Here's one guys take. Had never heard of the band, but admire the guitarist's ability to admit that he was wrong.

He's not very bright...
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

The stock recoils and pushes the weapon back into the finger, thusly the dump. I don't think he used that and instead modified to full auto.
Can it significantly increase the rate of fire?

If it was to be banned, is it easily fabricated?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

He's not very bright...
I personally would want to be in his shoes before calling the man stupid for his response to this incident.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I don't profess to religiously adhere to any party ideology, cwtcr. I don't consider myself a partisan. Nevertheless, praying about it does seem to be consistent with the libertarian and conservative response to this tragedy.

good for them, If someone wants to pray and thinks it helps more power to them. If someone can instead figure out when a perfectly normal human decides to kill lots of people that would be great also
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

He's not very bright...[/quote]

I personally would want to be in his shoes before calling the man stupid for his response to this incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]

Anyone who calls for gun control, by default, is not very bright for both philosophical and practical reasons. Also, he/she needs to read a history book.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Can it significantly increase the rate of fire?

I don't think it makes much of a difference, not as much as full auto. But I would have also fired in bursts and started dropping bodies further away so the crowd runs towards me and into the kill zone instead of starting with closer and chasing the crowd away.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:Here's one guys take. Had never heard of the band, but admire the guitarist's ability to admit that he was wrong.

He's not very bright...[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]

Anyone who calls for gun control, by default, is not very bright for both philosophical and practical reasons. Also, he/she needs to read a history book.[/quote]

Read the comments to the article, it is scary how ignorant some folks are
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Yes, they are stupid.

1. The stock slides on the buffer tube for the gun freely.
2. A piece ("shelf") attached to the stock protrudes to the offhand side of the trigger guard.
3. You stick your trigger finger through the trigger guard and rest it on the shelf. You do not pull the trigger in normal fashion.
4. You then Pull the gun forward with your offhand extending the stock. Your finger on the shelf will then actuates the trigger.
5. The gun recoils collapsing the stock.
6. Constant forward pressure simulates automatic fire.

They really have no use other than turning ammo into noise. If the lunatic didn't have 22k targets he wouldn't have hit much.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote: Can it significantly increase the rate of fire?

Google "bump fire"

You don't even need a stock. That said, you could make one in 30min by taking a normal M4 collapsing stock and removing the locking pin, then attaching a shelf extension to the trigger guard with some epoxy or something.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not an argument. If anything, emotions cloud judgment and his opinion should be weighted less in the grand scheme of things.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Did anyone else hear the sheriff use the word "radicalized"? He refused to provide any more details.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:Google "bump fire"

You don't even need a stock. That said, you could make one in 30min by taking a normal M4 collapsing stock and removing the locking pin, then attaching a shelf extension to the trigger guard with some epoxy or something.
My nephew told me if you didn't watch what you were doing you would burn the hell out of your hand.

He said he has no use for them.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not an argument. If anything, emotions cloud judgment and his opinion should be weighted less in the grand scheme of things.
Not intended to be an argument, USN. More of a personal life goal - empathy.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Great. You should ask the millions of aborted babies what they think about having their skulls crushed before being sucked through a tube so IP can reduce crime rates.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Great. You should ask the millions of aborted babies what they think about having their skulls crushed before being sucked through a tube so IP can reduce crime rates.
I have mentioned I believe that I don't view abortion as a murder of a living person. I think the Roe court reached the correct decision. My empathy here lies with those on the planet, including the mother.

I respect your opinion.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I have mentioned I believe that I don't view abortion as a murder of a living person. I think the Roe court reached the correct decision. My empathy here lies with those on the planet, including the mother.

I respect your opinion.

That's a shame. Are you glad your mom mistook you for a human being?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I respect your opinion.

I am very lucky to have grown up in a two person family with the means to support me. Thanks for the opportunity to remind myself that.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Not an argument. If anything, emotions cloud judgment and his opinion should be weighted less in the grand scheme of things.

I respect your opinion.

I am very lucky to have grown up in a two person family with the means to support me. Thanks for the opportunity to remind myself that.

She mistook for a human instead of a parasite, tumor, or lump of cells right?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Not intended to be an argument, USN. More of a personal life goal - empathy.

I respect your opinion.

She mistook for a human instead of a parasite, tumor, or lump of cells right?
According to my understanding, the pregnancy was not unplanned.