Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Silence is a virtue

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Our President needs to learn this.

Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 in a call, but didn’t follow through - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AaWVJ21gWRkevzrPolKtfGg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Silence is a virtue

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Our President needs to learn this.

Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 in a call, but didn’t follow through - The Washington Post

can't read it unless you pay for it..... but what proof that Trump offered the father any cash? he said/ he said, impossible to prove
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

can't read it unless you pay for it..... but what proof that Trump offered the father any cash? he said/ he said, impossible to prove
Calling a grieving father a liar...that's a good choice!
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

From the article:
But White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said in a statement Wednesday afternoon, “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda. “
What exactly are you pissed about?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I love how libs hate trump so much they do things out of character like support our military! LOL CNN accuses trump of not calling fallen troops families and all of the sudden libs support the military! it's awesome. When Obama was president they spit on military graves.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

From the article:
But White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said in a statement Wednesday afternoon, “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda. “
Pissed? Which of the four words that I typed gave you that impression? Silence or virtue?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CFB Apologist wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I love how libs hate trump so much they do things out of character like support our military! LOL CNN accuses trump of not calling fallen troops families and all of the sudden libs support the military! it's awesome. When Obama was president they spit on military graves.
Who exactly are you addressing this silly rant to?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

From the article:
Pissed? Which of the four words that I typed gave you that impression? Silence or virtue?
You reported fake news that he didn't follow through and say he should have been silent. Stay pissed.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

From the article:

You reported fake news that he didn't follow through and say he should have been silent. Stay pissed.
OK.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

again for the slow, the guy could say he promised him a mil....I would question it the same. he said/he said, no way to prove. In the thread you can see the situation was a big nothing burger as usual though
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

again for the slow, the guy could say he promised him a mil....I would question it the same. he said/he said, no way to prove. In the thread you can see the situation was a big nothing burger as usual though
Sure. Our president, again, scrambled to cover his own BS after being called out on it. That is a nothingburger, as it has become par for the course.

Though telling a widow that her husband "knew what he was signing up for, but I guess it's sad anyway" is a new wrinkle. Still not surprising.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

IP is gasping as he grasps...sad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Attila T Hun wrote:IP is gasping as he grasps...sad.
Do you find this self-engendered drama to be helpful to the President? Pop is right.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Who is slow?

You called the father a liar. I pointed out that you called him a liar, which seems pretty cruel to me. Then, you called me slow, and called the father a liar, again.
What am I missing? Do you or do you not think the father is lying about Trump saying he would send him $25,000, and that he has not received a check yet? It's been 4 months since that conversation...
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The White House maintains the check was sent.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:The White House maintains the check was sent.
Sounds like it was mailed this afternoon.

The Washington Post contacted the White House about Baldridge’s account on Wednesday morning. Officials declined to discuss the events in detail.

But in a statement Wednesday afternoon, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said: “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda.”
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:The Washington Post contacted the White House about Baldridge’s account on Wednesday morning. Officials declined to discuss the events in detail.

But in a statement Wednesday afternoon, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said: “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda.”
So you're saying it's the old checks in the mail ploy :?:

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:The Washington Post contacted the White House about Baldridge’s account on Wednesday morning. Officials declined to discuss the events in detail.

It's been 4 months since the conversation they had. Pure coincidence that the day the WH was asked about the check, it is now in the mail? That's some incredible timing coinkidenk.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:IP is gasping as he grasps...sad.
Do you find this self-engendered drama to be helpful to the President? Pop is right.
What I find is IP being a small, sad fellow.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Was this a SGLI payment or a payment from Trump's personal account :?:

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

It's been 4 months since the conversation they had. Pure coincidence that the day the WH was asked about the check, it is now in the mail? That's some incredible timing coinkidenk.
And to confirm what everyone with a functioning brain knew...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/ ... index.html
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:Was this a SGLI payment or a payment from Trump's personal account :?:
Personal. The SGLI payment went to the mother, who is not with the father anymore.

It's too bad. It's a terrific gesture, just poorly executed by Trump...once again.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I've been busy all day....I assume this has been determined to be fake news and IP/Hillary/CNN blamed the Russians?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Was this a SGLI payment or a payment from Trump's personal account :?:
Personal. The SGLI payment went to the mother, who is not with the father anymore.

It's too bad. It's a terrific gesture, just poorly executed by Trump...once again.
According to CNN, the news source for simpletons.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Still waiting for you to write that $1M check to hurricane relief efforts you said you were as good for as Trump was, DC. Did that get lost in the mail?