Bill OReilly paid 32 million to Lis Weihl in a settlement.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Bill OReilly paid 32 million to Lis Weihl in a settlement.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

The news has leaked that she accused OReilly of having a non consensual sexual relationship. Yes, you read that correctly. Non consensual sexual relationship. I guess she is saying that OReilly had so much power that she had to sleep with him or lose her job. I have no idea if this is all true.

If he somehow did this, he's a scumbag, but let's get one thing straight. She didn't have to sleep with him. She had other options. I have gotten the Soapbox worked up over this.

My question is this. What would you tell your daughter to do in a case like this.

A. Don't sleep with him and risk getting canned.
B. sleep with him to keep your job.
C. Get OReilly fired by recording conversations with him.

I'll go with A or C. But there is no way I tell her B. That's disgusting.

Funny thing is, is that she signed an affidavit letting him off the hook for the small price of 32 million dollars. I thought catching rapists and predators was so important. Apparently not. Now, she is just a super high priced prostitute. Maybe the most high priced in history.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Bill OReilly paid 32 million to Lis Weihl in a settlemen

Post by HokieHam »

I always thought Bill was creepy when he had nice looking women on his show.....but Lis isn’t one of them.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

sorry, I don't get the having intercourse with someone then saying to was not consensual, rape is rape, if he forced himself on her and raped her then he should be in prison but if they willingly had sex wether she was pressured or not then that is having sex, no crime there. If she did it to keep a job, huh? there are a multitude of ways to fight that and besides that is a crappy job, just get another one.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

I was skeptical of the initial claims, but there's a lot of people making the same claim now. I'm thinking there's something there and likewise, apparently the only analysts on air are the ones that accepted the big boy into them. That's the other side of the equation, the people on air got there by performing sexual favors. O'Riely appears to be a POS.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I was skeptical of the initial claims, but there's a lot of people making the same claim now. I'm thinking there's something there and likewise, apparently the only analysts on air are the ones that accepted the big boy into them. That's the other side of the equation, the people on air got there by performing sexual favors. O'Riely appears to be a POS.
he used his power but the woman does not have to have sex with him. keep in mind the guy is super rich so maybe to save face he forks over the money after the fact to avoid the issues of going to trial. If you have a crap ton of money getting rid of some of it to avoid an issue is nothing new
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I was skeptical of the initial claims, but there's a lot of people making the same claim now. I'm thinking there's something there and likewise, apparently the only analysts on air are the ones that accepted the big boy into them. That's the other side of the equation, the people on air got there by performing sexual favors. O'Riely appears to be a POS.
he used his power but the woman does not have to have sex with him. keep in mind the guy is super rich so maybe to save face he forks over the money after the fact to avoid the issues of going to trial. If you have a crap ton of money getting rid of some of it to avoid an issue is nothing new
I think Fox paid it. The accusers make it sound like they only got on the air after performing sexual favors. I'm sure there's some hyperbole in that, how much? Who knows.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.