United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Not too many years ago, illegals in the U.S. were estimated at 30 million. After the libs started talking about amnesty, the number magically dropped to 10 million. Today, 10 mill is the number thrown around. I've always wondered what happened to the balance. Haha. I also find it interesting that we have any estimates at all. How would we know how many have illegally crossed our border?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 am 

Party: After 10
Many self deported as the Obama economy didn't provide opportunity for employment. It did slow down on net, even with him encouraging more anchor babies and amnesty.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 am 

hokie wrote:
Not too many years ago, illegals in the U.S. were estimated at 30 million. After the libs started talking about amnesty, the number magically dropped to 10 million. Today, 10 mill is the number thrown around. I've always wondered what happened to the balance. Haha. I also find it interesting that we have any estimates at all. How would we know how many have illegally crossed our border?

during the recession many did not come or went home due to lack of work. Now that the economy has picked up the influx has been muted due to Trump beefing up border security and the fear on the part of illegals that we actually have a prez now that wants to follow our laws. The reality is we do need some not highly educated immigrants as americans have gotten so lazy they will not do some jobs that need to be done.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 am 

Alma Mater: VT
As someone who lives in an area with a crap-ton of illegal immigrants, I can tell you that I haven't noticed any decrease. I'd say its steadily increased over the last decade.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 am 

FireFuente wrote:
As someone who lives in an area with a crap-ton of illegal immigrants, I can tell you that I haven't noticed any decrease. I'd say its steadily increased over the last decade.

I live in Maryland too.. howdy neighbor!!

Time zone: America/New_York