Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Any guesses on this Mueller indictment

Post by nolanvt »

BigDave wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Manafort should come out as gay at this time so he can excuse the crimes that he committed years ago (allegedly).

(This is a Kevin Spacey reference if that wasn’t clear enough.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love how Spacey says he doesn't remember the incident. I don't remember every moment of my life, but I can say definitively that I have never made sexual advances towards a 14-year-old. The fact that Spacey can't say that definitively makes me wonder how many others there are.
It means he’s a disgusting human being. I was going to resubscribe to Netflix for the next season of HoC, but that’s clearly out the window for now.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:that’s apparently about to come down? At this point, I think it’s probably nobody of any consequence and that the Roger Stones and Sean Hannitys of the world need to chill the F out. Roger Stone especially after going off the deep end on Twitter.

probably Manafort, even though from what I have read he has done nothing but this crap show Mueller is running has to come up with something
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Wasn't Manafort working with Podesa within the timeframe of these charges :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:that’s apparently about to come down? At this point, I think it’s probably nobody of any consequence and that the Roger Stones and Sean Hannitys of the world need to chill the F out. Roger Stone especially after going off the deep end on Twitter.

probably Manafort, even though from what I have read he has done nothing but this crap show Mueller is running has to come up with something
I don’t think I would assert that Manafort has operated within the law.

ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Indicted on 12 counts.

Conspiracy against the United States
Conspiracy to Launder Money
Unregistered agent of a Foreign Principal
Misleading FARA statements
7 counts of not reporting foreign accounts etc
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

he had a business, he had contracts with Oh my freaking god, Russians!!!! Years and years ago. FYI, if you have a special prosecutor on a witch hunt and look long enough they will find something on every business on the planet. It is complete stupidity
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:Wasn't Manafort working with Podesa within the timeframe of these charges :?:
Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

he had a business, he had contracts with Oh my freaking god, Russians!!!! Years and years ago. FYI, if you have a special prosecutor on a witch hunt and look long enough they will find something on every business on the planet. It is complete stupidity
This is the prosecutorial team that gets crushed on appeal.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Just operate within the law then.

It probably won’t matter much anyway because Trump will pardon anyone who could protect him from advancing the investigation.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Wasn't Manafort working with Podesa within the timeframe of these charges :?:
Yep
Yes......wouldn’t it be wonderful if THIS bit back at the Dumbs too.

Hillary should have just gone away for her own good, but, I’m glad she didn’t.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Mueller has too many conflicts of interest here. It's time for him to step down
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

It probably won’t matter much anyway because Trump will pardon anyone who could protect him from advancing the investigation.

you can't be this dense, I will say it slowly for you. In the life of most any business on the planet at some point you either operated in a gray area of some law or you did not even know of some law. Try and think
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

advancing the investigation for what? So far a year later after many illegal acts by THunder thighs and Obama we have dug up more dirt on both Thunder thighs and Obama and absolutely zero on Trump except some people that were not part of his campaign put crap on facebook. And some morons in the US beleived every thing they see on facebook
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

you can't be this dense, I will say it slowly for you. In the life of most any business on the planet at some point you either operated in a gray area of some law or you did not even know of some law. Try and think
This particular indictment isn’t really in the gray areas of business.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

This particular indictment isn’t really in the gray areas of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Just read it on cnn, if true yea it is tax evasion.... the problem you have though is this was all done well before Trump was even running for anything. Fyi, several large companies have been accused of the same things now and in the past by various gov's.. Might want to see how it plays out though. Back to the Russia thing I guess
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Yep

I’m betting that the Podesta Group is in trouble here. Maybe it goes beyond them, but they should be worried.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Yep

I’m betting that the Podesta Group is in trouble here. Maybe it goes beyond them, but they should be worried.
Just crossed the wire that Tony Podesta just resigned from his group...........this is getting really interesting.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for making false statements to FBI. After joining Trump campaign, he met with Russian officials who claimed to have had dirt on Hillary! and also tried to arrange meeting between these officials and the campaign.

Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for making false statements to FBI. After joining Trump campaign, he met with Russian officials who claimed to have had dirt on Hillary! and also tried to arrange meeting between these officials and the campaign.

He was not a member of the campaign. He was on some advisory panel and the only thing they have been able to even somewhat link to Trump was that he asked someone on the campaign staff to meet with some Russians and the staff said no. Sounds more like some wanna-be who knew some Russians that wanted to play in the big pool and got laughed back to the kiddie pool.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for making false statements to FBI. After joining Trump campaign, he met with Russian officials who claimed to have had dirt on Hillary! and also tried to arrange meeting between these officials and the campaign.

He was not a member of the campaign. He was on some advisory panel and the only thing they have been able to even somewhat link to Trump was that he asked someone on the campaign staff to meet with some Russians and the staff said no. Sounds more like some wanna-be who knew some Russians that wanted to play in the big pool and got laughed back to the kiddie pool.
According to the plea bargain:

"In truth and in fact, however, and as set forth above, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met the Professor for the first time on or about March 14, 2016, after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign; the Professor showed interest in defendant PAPADOPOULOS only after learning of his role on the Campaign; and the Professor told defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the Russians possessing" dirt" on then-candidate Clinton in late April 2016, more than a month after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had joined the Campaign."
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

"In truth and in fact, however, and as set forth above, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met the Professor for the first time on or about March 14, 2016, after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign; the Professor showed interest in defendant PAPADOPOULOS only after learning of his role on the Campaign; and the Professor told defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the Russians possessing" dirt" on then-candidate Clinton in late April 2016, more than a month after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had joined the Campaign."
You guys are going to be Charlie Brown on this while Trump is Lucy.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

I’m not involved in the investigation.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Of course not, I mean you libs. You guys already look stupid for crying "Russian collusion!" all year when the only collusion was between Russia and democrats/Clinton.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Of course not, I mean you libs. You guys already look stupid for crying "Russian collusion!" all year when the only collusion was between Russia and democrats/Clinton.
Got it.

Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Nothing there disputes anything I wrote. Please show me where he was more than on an advisory panel or where there is any link at all to the campaign beyond this little wanna-be running around touting influence he didn't have.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.