Any guesses on this Mueller indictment

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Any guesses on this Mueller indictment

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for making false statements to FBI. After joining Trump campaign, he met with Russian officials who claimed to have had dirt on Hillary! and also tried to arrange meeting between these officials and the campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes and he was guilty of some procedural issue, the meeting was a big nothing..... next
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:George Papadopoulos pleads guilty for making false statements to FBI. After joining Trump campaign, he met with Russian officials who claimed to have had dirt on Hillary! and also tried to arrange meeting between these officials and the campaign.

He was not a member of the campaign. He was on some advisory panel and the only thing they have been able to even somewhat link to Trump was that he asked someone on the campaign staff to meet with some Russians and the staff said no. Sounds more like some wanna-be who knew some Russians that wanted to play in the big pool and got laughed back to the kiddie pool.
According to the plea bargain:

"In truth and in fact, however, and as set forth above, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met the Professor for the first time on or about March 14, 2016, after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign; the Professor showed interest in defendant PAPADOPOULOS only after learning of his role on the Campaign; and the Professor told defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the Russians possessing" dirt" on then-candidate Clinton in late April 2016, more than a month after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had joined the Campaign."
except nobody knows what the dirt was and it is not illegal to have a meeting
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

PAPADOPOULOS was basically an envelope stuffer with illusions of grandeur who tried to arrange some meetings but his offer was turned down by Manafort.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

He was not a member of the campaign. He was on some advisory panel and the only thing they have been able to even somewhat link to Trump was that he asked someone on the campaign staff to meet with some Russians and the staff said no. Sounds more like some wanna-be who knew some Russians that wanted to play in the big pool and got laughed back to the kiddie pool.

"In truth and in fact, however, and as set forth above, defendant PAPADOPOULOS met the Professor for the first time on or about March 14, 2016, after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had already learned he would be a foreign policy advisor for the Campaign; the Professor showed interest in defendant PAPADOPOULOS only after learning of his role on the Campaign; and the Professor told defendant PAPADOPOULOS about the Russians possessing" dirt" on then-candidate Clinton in late April 2016, more than a month after defendant PAPADOPOULOS had joined the Campaign."
For the slow, that's not an accurate statement, private citizens having meetings with Russian officials is illegal.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:PAPADOPOULOS was basically an envelope stuffer with illusions of grandeur who tried to arrange some meetings but his offer was turned down by Manafort.
Yep, that's what it smells like. Kind of like Carter Page. Using his mildly elevated status as some small part of a POTUS campaign, to try and make a big move. I'm guessing this kind of stuff happens every 4 years, just not with Russia. Or maybe w/Russia, who knows
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

For the slow, that's not an accurate statement, private citizens having meetings with Russian officials is illegal.
For the slow, it's not illegal for a private citizen to meet with foreign officials. What is illegal is for them to negotiate on behalf of the nation or represent themselves as official US representatives. Private entities meet with foreign officials daily, it's not illegal.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

For the slow, it's not illegal for a private citizen to meet with foreign officials. What is illegal is for them to negotiate on behalf of the nation or represent themselves as official US representatives. Private entities meet with foreign officials daily, it's not illegal.
Papadopolous (sp?) was a part of a POTUS campaign and representing himself as such.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote: He was not a member of the campaign. He was on some advisory panel and the only thing they have been able to even somewhat link to Trump was that he asked someone on the campaign staff to meet with some Russians and the staff said no. Sounds more like some wanna-be who knew some Russians that wanted to play in the big pool and got laughed back to the kiddie pool.

Papadopolous (sp?) was a part of a POTUS campaign and representing himself as such.
Not illegal.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote: It means he’s a disgusting human being. I was going to resubscribe to Netflix for the next season of HoC, but that’s clearly out the window for now.
Looks like Netflix just cancelled the series. Season 1 was great, but the show jumped the shark by the end of Season 2 and was just terrible after that.

This makes a bunch of Spacey movies extra creepy IMO. Not surprised though, to be honest.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: It means he’s a disgusting human being. I was going to resubscribe to Netflix for the next season of HoC, but that’s clearly out the window for now.
Looks like Netflix just cancelled the series. Season 1 was great, but the show jumped the shark by the end of Season 2 and was just terrible after that.

This makes a bunch of Spacey movies extra creepy IMO. Not surprised though, to be honest.
Yeh, he always had a creepy factor, that we took for being great acting. Looks like he's just creepy, and was being himself.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Despite Spacey's creepiness, LA Confidential will always be one of my favorite movies.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Still don’t think I can watch it. Abusing kids is one of those things I don’t forgive. The Catholic Church, Penn State, Kevin Spacey... I can’t get past it and won’t support you ever again.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Despite Spacey's creepiness, LA Confidential will always be one of my favorite movies.
Yeah. That and The Usual Suspects, Seven.......I like them all.......

But I always thought he was ghey but never this sick.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

LOL.....
Attachments
CA79FF8D-35D5-48A1-9FD3-2932C2F6911D.jpeg
CA79FF8D-35D5-48A1-9FD3-2932C2F6911D.jpeg (98.92 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yep.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yep.
This is the normal gay lifestyle.