United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 am

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 am 

Party: Draintheswamp
That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:00 pm 

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... r%5Eauthor

Indeed. I still like his "sleepy eyed chuck..." bit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:00 pm 

Party: all the time
This was his Twitter header yesterday after Sally Yates testified. What a **** moron.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm 

Not seeing the problem.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:35 pm 

HooFighter wrote:
This was his Twitter header yesterday after Sally Yates testified. What a **** moron.

saw the Yates testimony, what collusion are you referring to? Do you mean Flynn speaking with the Russian Ambassador about sanctions? Wouldn't that topic come up in a conversation with the Russian dude, what has that got to do with the election?

Thanks for the detailed explanation

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 pm 

Party: all the time
USN_Hokie wrote:
Not seeing the problem.

Kind of reminds me of "I am not a crook"

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:56 pm 

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Not seeing the problem.

Kind of reminds me of "I am not a crook"

that is the russian collusion, try harder

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:01 pm 

Of all his tweets... this one is a big "meh"

Of course the whole Russian thing was a fairy tale

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:04 pm 

HooFighter wrote:

I don't really see an issue with that one? The one that is funny is blaming the Flynn security clearance silliness on Obama. His tweet about that is pure bullshirt.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:07 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

I don't really see an issue with that one? The one that is funny is blaming the Flynn security clearance silliness on Obama. His tweet about that is pure bullshirt.

So a fact is balogney, the Obama folks did give him a clearance, I don't get the freak out, he was fired for his actions, that is what happens with an employee that does not work out

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:24 pm 

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

So a fact is balogney, the Obama folks did give him a clearance, I don't get the freak out, he was fired for his actions, that is what happens with an employee that does not work out

He had a clearance, not the highest clearance, and not the clearance required to be NSA. This continues to have legs because Trump won't admit they screwed up, and then tries to blame Obama, and then puts out tweets that are plain false.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

He had a clearance, not the highest clearance, and not the clearance required to be NSA. This continues to have legs because Trump won't admit they screwed up, and then tries to blame Obama, and then puts out tweets that are plain false.

Facts don't matter to these brainwashed necks.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:14 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

I suppose you have a link to substantiate all of that? The ones I've seen don't.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

I suppose you have a link to substantiate all of that? The ones I've seen don't.

You should get some better resources. ;)

It's been reported in a lot of places, mostly from the NBC tweet in this article. The main point being that the NSA is supposed to be independently vetted by the CIA to receive the level of clearance that the NSA has. Blaming Obama is silly.

http://resistancereport.com/politics/trump-flynn-security-clearance/

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It's been reported in a lot of places, mostly from the NBC tweet in this article. The main point being that the NSA is supposed to be independently vetted by the CIA to receive the level of clearance that the NSA has. Blaming Obama is silly.

Your link (which describes itself as a "social justice-oriented media company dedicated to providing the bold, combative, thought-provoking journalism that the current regime opposes.") is bullshirt and doesn't support the argument you're making. It sounds like a bunch of people who have no idea how security clearances work jumping to conclusions.

The word granted is key there. Something like that would probably take a while - that doesn't mean that it wasn't started. Also, I'd like to see the exact requirements. I'd bet the clearance is only required for certain information.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:00 am 

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Your link (which describes itself as a "social justice-oriented media company dedicated to providing the bold, combative, thought-provoking journalism that the current regime opposes.") is bullshirt and doesn't support the argument you're making. It sounds like a bunch of people who have no idea how security clearances work jumping to conclusions.

The word granted is key there. Something like that would probably take a while - that doesn't mean that it wasn't started. Also, I'd like to see the exact requirements. I'd bet the clearance is only required for certain information.

Umm...OK. You're agreeing that there is a higher clearance than what he already had from his previous job, which is what I said.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:17 am 

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Umm...OK. You're agreeing that there is a higher clearance than what he already had from his previous job, which is what I said.

Actually, no. I do not see that supported anywhere

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:55 am 

Quote:
Facts don't matter to these brainwashed necks.

Nor to erudite sophisticates, apparently...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... rrifies-me

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 am 

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No, the clearance isn't just required for certain info, and it isn't a higher clearance.

The IC is territorial. A DoD based clearance is good for military and State Dept. CIA has it's own clearance and vetting process as does NSA. They are all little silos that don't play well with each other in the sandbox and don't recognize each others clearances. The Director of National Security obviously needs to have all of the above, plus a few others. Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:00 am 

Gosh, CT has terrible office holders.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:52 am 

RiverguyVT wrote:

Rapid fire tweets. Hokie80 is our commander in chief. How presidential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:58 am 

Party: After 10
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

More IP bullshit

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am 

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No, the clearance isn't just required for certain info, and it isn't a higher clearance.

The IC is territorial. A DoD based clearance is good for military and State Dept. CIA has it's own clearance and vetting process as does NSA. They are all little silos that don't play well with each other in the sandbox and don't recognize each others clearances. The Director of National Security obviously needs to have all of the above, plus a few others. Apparently Flynn didn't have all of them.

Yes, this.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 am 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

IP's idea of Presidential is getting blown by interns in the oval office and lying under oath.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:25 am 

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

IP's idea of Presidential is getting blown by interns in the oval office and lying under oath.

I'd take it over twitter diplomacy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Time zone: America/New_York