Papa Johns pulls NFL ads citing NFL success.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Re: Papa Johns pulls NFL ads citing NFL success.

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I’m not sure that their numbers are even down. I think PJ stated that numbers will go down in the future due to the NFL. If I were a shareholder, I’d be suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, beat earnings estimates, lowered outlook. Maybe they have a lower outlook because they are no longer the official pizza sponsor of the week in, week out TV program that gets the most viewers.
Thanks for chirping in. You think they lowered their outlook because they are dropping naming rights? C'mon, you aren't that stupid.
It was a joke.

I was just calling BS on the excuse. They dropped because of downward guidance. If the NFL is so bad for them why is it taking so long? Why not a problem last year? And thanks for chirping in, I'm always grateful for your insightful posts.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I’m not sure that their numbers are even down. I think PJ stated that numbers will go down in the future due to the NFL. If I were a shareholder, I’d be suspicious.

Yeah, beat earnings estimates, lowered outlook. Maybe they have a lower outlook because they are no longer the official pizza sponsor of the week in, week out TV program that gets the most viewers.
Thanks for chirping in. You think they lowered their outlook because they are dropping naming rights? C'mon, you aren't that stupid.
It was a joke.

I was just calling BS on the excuse. They dropped because of downward guidance. If the NFL is so bad for them why is it taking so long? Why not a problem last year? And thanks for chirping in, I'm always grateful for your insightful posts.
Again, you added nothing to the discussion with your drive by post.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
I'm sure he is seceding control of his own company because of Kaepernick
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Congrats. You rightly downplayed a factor that nobody is citing.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

"After he criticized protest" is right in the tweet smart guy
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

"After he criticized protest" is right in the tweet smart guy
He's a bright one all right.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Papa John resigns from the Board for saying the N-word. How many posts will it take for Might Mouse to blurt it out in this thread?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/papa-jo ... -word.html

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:Papa John resigns from the Board for saying the N-word. How many posts will it take for Might Mouse to blurt it out in this thread?

That is epic stupidity. He wasn't calling any person a name. He was using the word in context of what someone else called blacks. I'm sure Drake is offended, he never uses that word.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Papa John resigns from the Board for saying the N-word. How many posts will it take for Might Mouse to blurt it out in this thread?

That is epic stupidity. He wasn't calling any person a name. He was using the word in context of what someone else called blacks. I'm sure Drake is offended, he never uses that word.
Much or our society is the opposite of enlightened. It is not enlightened to have such double standards as we do where a white man will be completely destroyed for using a word like that in passing, while a black man can use the word as much as he wants and gets paid millions.

But its the same mentality that gives us unjust laws such as hate crimes legislation where one group of people are held to a higher standard than another group of people simply based on skin color.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Much or our society is the opposite of enlightened. It is not enlightened to have such double standards as we do where a white man will be completely destroyed for using a word like that in passing, while a black man can use the word as much as he wants and gets paid millions.

But its the same mentality that gives us unjust laws such as hate crimes legislation where one group of people are held to a higher standard than another group of people simply based on skin color.
I don't get this hate crime characterization. What group is held to a higher standard?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:

A wiser person would have said Colonel Sanders used to refer to black people as the N-word. He hasn’t always been wise so this is what happens.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

A wiser person would have said Colonel Sanders used to refer to black people as the N-word. He hasn’t always been wise so this is what happens.

A wiser person would also understand the context of his usage. After all, the context seems to mean a lot with the N word. If it's used in a rap song, even in a derogatory way, perfectly OK. If it's used by a white CEO, in a non-derogatory, non-offending context, not ok?

Ludicrous.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

A wiser person would also understand the context of his usage. After all, the context seems to mean a lot with the N word. If it's used in a rap song, even in a derogatory way, perfectly OK. If it's used by a white CEO, in a non-derogatory, non-offending context, not ok?

Ludicrous.
Nolan be nolaning.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Schnatter and Papa John's look like a bunch of pussies. The mere threat of Alinsky shake-down/extortion tactics is enough to make them bow on bended knee.

This BS will only stop when companies and the people who staff them say enough is enough.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

HokieJoe wrote:Schnatter and Papa John's look like a bunch of pussies. The mere threat of Alinsky shake-down/extortion tactics is enough to make them bow on bended knee.

This BS will only stop when companies and the people who staff them say enough is enough.
It might also stop if they quit using racial slurs during conference calls.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

They're afraid of retards like Nolan ranting on Twitter for some reason. Not sure why they'd care about opinions from people that no one cares about.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Schnatter and Papa John's look like a bunch of pussies. The mere threat of Alinsky shake-down/extortion tactics is enough to make them bow on bended knee.

Weird. I mean, my parents taught me the value of practicing good habits. Even if you’re quoting an even older white dude, you shouldn’t actually say the n-word. Nothing good will come from it.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

They're afraid of retards like Nolan ranting on Twitter for some reason. Not sure why they'd care about opinions from people that no one cares about.
What do you think I would rant about?

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:[
As a Dominos shareholder and customer, I find that their expected problems are due more to shitty pizza.
You live in NYC and get your pizza from Dominos?

"You can take the 'neck out of the backwoods...."
He's got ya here IP. I'd be ashamed, with all of those great money laundering operations on every corner to pick from, Dominoes is what a neck would choose.
The realest words awesome guy ever wrote.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Weird. I mean, my parents taught me the value of practicing good habits. Even if you’re quoting an even older white dude, you shouldn’t actually say the n-word. Nothing good will come from it.

I agree he should be smarter than that, but the reaction by ppl is wildly stupid and hypocritical.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:

Oh sure. Context, it seems, only matters when we're talking about what the meaning of 'is' is. Leftists embrace moral relativism and shades of gray, but when the opportunity presents itself they cut through all of that context with puritanical phoniness.

He made a mistake. He's human. This is an overreaction.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Oh sure. Context, it seems, only matters when we're talking about what the meaning of 'is' is. Leftists embrace moral relativism and shades of gray, but when the opportunity presents itself they cut through all of that context with puritanical phoniness.

Overreaction......typical of the left.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Overreaction......typical of the left.
This article sums it up nicely...

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _word.html