United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:54 am

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

Post subject: Louisiana Justice
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 am 

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... iguous_jus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

Post subject: Re: Louisiana Justice
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:50 am 

Party: After 10
What's your take? How can law enforcement extract meaning from retard language? This looks like a case of playing a stupid game and winning a stupid prize. If he spoke English then he'd have no problem, though there is merit in the arguments to give him the benefit of doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:14 am 

Ebonics and (allegedly) raping two juveniles will get after ya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
I don't get it. Are the cops so dumb that they actually thought the perp wanted a canine attorney? And even if they did, how does that not count as invoking his right to counsel?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:59 am 

BigDave wrote:
I don't get it. Are the cops so dumb that they actually thought the perp wanted a canine attorney? And even if they did, how does that not count as invoking his right to counsel?

I'm guessing perhaps that they he was read his rights and his scum defense attorney is using semantics to try to beat a double rape charge.. just a guess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
CFB Apologist wrote:
BigDave wrote:

I'm guessing perhaps that they he was read his rights and his scum defense attorney is using semantics to try to beat a double rape charge.. just a guess

They don't dispute that he was read his rights.

At issue is that if you ask for a lawyer, all questioning has to stop until you are provided with a lawyer. If they question him after that point, then it's inadmissible. The request is on tape, so there's no question what the sequence of events was.

He asked for a lawyer dog (or lawyer, dawg). If that constitutes a request for a lawyer, then his confession is inadmissible ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:04 am 

BigDave wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
BigDave wrote:

They don't dispute that he was read his rights.

At issue is that if you ask for a lawyer, all questioning has to stop until you are provided with a lawyer. If they question him after that point, then it's inadmissible. The request is on tape, so there's no question what the sequence of events was.

He asked for a lawyer dog (or lawyer, dawg). If that constitutes a request for a lawyer, then his confession is inadmissible ...

Got it.. and yeah if they are really saying that "lawyer dawg" in this context is ambiguous, then charges should be dropped and he should be set free. No detective that advanced past 6th grade would mistake that for him asking for a talking law school grad dog, or a lawyer for his dog at home..nobody would think that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:13 am 

BigDave wrote:

Louisiana.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 am 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/did_suspect_ask_for_a_lawyer_dog_or_a_lawyer_dawg_request_was_ambiguous_jus

what did he say to the cops he wants suppressed? per the story he said he did not do it, I would want that in the court case if I was him. But if he confessed to the crimes then for sure we should let a guy confessing to committing acts on minors to be set free so he can continue to do that to other people.....great plan.

But if they throw it out just prove it another way, there is still a trial to do

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am 

Alma Mater: VT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am 

FireFuente wrote:

That’s great.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:50 am 

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/did_suspect_ask_for_a_lawyer_dog_or_a_lawyer_dawg_request_was_ambiguous_jus

what did he say to the cops he wants suppressed? per the story he said he did not do it, I would want that in the court case if I was him. But if he confessed to the crimes then for sure we should let a guy confessing to committing acts on minors to be set free so he can continue to do that to other people.....great plan.

But if they throw it out just prove it another way, there is still a trial to do

I don’t know what he said. That’s not at all the point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:53 am 

Alma Mater: Skopje Technical Hacking and Culinary Institute
Party: Independent
The State Supreme Court should have found for Mr. Demesme in my honest non legal opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:00 am 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

There is still a trial wether his admission is part of it or not but again, I really want a molester let go on that weak of a technicality, maybe you can let him babysit your kids

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 am 

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

There is still a trial wether his admission is part of it or not but again, I really want a molester let go on that weak of a technicality, maybe you can let him babysit your kids

Got it.

Time zone: America/New_York