Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: The gov race.

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Virginia has finally become like Maryland... the only places that vote consistently Dem in Maryland are PG county and Baltimore city- the two largest population areas. Well, NOVA, tidewater and Richmond are deep blue now, so VA is done for the republicans- done. Simple numbers game. Virginia will vote democrat for the next 60 years.
disagree. VA is still a conservative state.

yesterday's vote was a pure anti-trump vote. it is not indicative of the makeup of the state.
Agree. This is the reaction following a presidential election. Dems had a good day across the board. Definitely not smart to make strong conclusions based on that result.
Trump lost VA. It's completely ignorant to ignore the massive influx of yankees and communists from abroad(of course you will do exactly that). They finally have the numbers to turn VA into another commie state.
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Virginia has finally become like Maryland... the only places that vote consistently Dem in Maryland are PG county and Baltimore city- the two largest population areas. Well, NOVA, tidewater and Richmond are deep blue now, so VA is done for the republicans- done. Simple numbers game. Virginia will vote democrat for the next 60 years.

yesterday's vote was a pure anti-trump vote. it is not indicative of the makeup of the state.
LOL. Bullshit on both counts.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

LOL, come on. The republicans distanced themselves from Trump and paid the price. Would have won/lost a lot less if they ran with Trump as that would have gotten his base out to counter the angry and imported cuckolds voting for the divisive party.
Bannon disagrees.

“He’s closed an enthusiasm gap by rallying around the Trump agenda,”
“And I think the big lesson for Tuesday is that, in Gillespie’s case, Trumpism without Trump can show the way forward. If that’s the case, Democrats better be very, very worried.”
What Trumpism did Gillespie deploy? He's another establishment type.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Actually it does matter who wins.

We have one less GOP seat in congress because we have a democrat governor. When the courts overruled Virginia's congressional districts, the legislature redrew them to comply with the court's demands. But McAuliffe vetoed the bill. The end result was that the court redrew the districts itself and cut Randy Forbes out of his seat. We now have one of the worst and most leftist state senators as our congressman because of it.
But...Cuccinelli had a (historically accurate) lapel pin without exposed boobies on it! Also, he accurately interpreted the VA Constitution!
That whole pin story was so Idiotic. And I'll put this out there for anyone who considered that when casting their vote in that election: You're an ignoramus.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Its really one of the saddest stories in American politics. Virginia was once one of the most admired states for its business friendly climate and conservative principles. Now it seems its been flooded with Yankees, illegals, and liberal elites (especially in NoVa). Maryland's cancer has spread across the Potomac.

And here's the words of Virginia's very own clown Senator:
“You have taken one of the reddest states in the country and you have turned it into not just a battleground, not just purple - you have turned it into a blue state,” Mr. Kaine told Democratic activists at Northam’s election night party.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... irginia-r/
That is what you call a tragedy.
Get a grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

LOL, come on. The republicans distanced themselves from Trump and paid the price. Would have won/lost a lot less if they ran with Trump as that would have gotten his base out to counter the angry and imported cuckolds voting for the divisive party.
Bannon disagrees.

“And I think the big lesson for Tuesday is that, in Gillespie’s case, Trumpism without Trump can show the way forward. If that’s the case, Democrats better be very, very worried.”
Umm...didn't Gillespie specifically reject Bannon's offer of help?

Don't confuse political theater with facts.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Bannon disagrees.

Don't confuse H2 with facts
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:It doesn't matter if Northam wins. The General Assembly is going to stay firmly GOP for the next few decades.
Ummmm.....looks like the Dems now control the Va House of Delegates. Still feeling good about the future of Va?
You win some, you lose some. I voted straight Republican down the ticket with the exception of voting for Hyra rather than Gillespie. It turns out that if all 29,303 of us who voted for Hyra had, instead, voted for Gillespie, Northam would've only won by 203,171. In other words, my votes had zero effect whatsoever on any of the statewide races.

The House of Delegates swing surprises me. Makes me think the Democrats are going to be very excited to vote against The Party of Trump as long as he's in office. The next 3-7 years could be rough for Virginia Republicans, and that's not libertarians' fault. The Independents came out for the Democrats yesterday. And they will for next year's mid-terms too.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
The House of Delegates swing surprises me. Makes me think the Democrats are going to be very excited to vote against The Party of Trump as long as he's in office. The next 3-7 years could be rough for Virginia Republicans, and that's not libertarians' fault. The Independents came out for the Democrats yesterday. And they will for next year's mid-terms too.
1. Candidates backed by Trump have won several special elections in the last year. Gillespie is/was a milquetoast RINO who rejected Trump. Don't fall for the MSM tripe on this.

2. Not to hijack the thread, but Libertarianism is a complete failure at every level.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:It doesn't matter if Northam wins. The General Assembly is going to stay firmly GOP for the next few decades.
Ummmm.....looks like the Dems now control the Va House of Delegates. Still feeling good about the future of Va?
You win some, you lose some. I voted straight Republican down the ticket with the exception of voting for Hyra rather than Gillespie. It turns out that if all 29,303 of us who voted for Hyra had, instead, voted for Gillespie, Northam would've only won by 203,171. In other words, my votes had zero effect whatsoever on any of the statewide races.

Bingo. That's the big takeaway. As much as Trump and his supporters love making the snowflakes cry. The crying snowflakes turn out to vote and in large numbers.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Trump supporters said they wanted to destroy the Republican Party. I think they will be able to look back at that statement in 2020 and consider it a job well done.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Your vote for Hydra didn't change anything, this time. It'll be different once they have a heli-carrier or the space stone.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
1. Candidates backed by Trump have won several special elections in the last year. Gillespie is/was a milquetoast RINO who rejected Trump. Don't fall for the MSM tripe on this.

2. Not to hijack the thread, but Libertarianism is a complete failure at every level.
Yep. Trump wasn't on the Republican ticket.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

Candidates who backed trump in special elections in very red states. The reason trump picked those people to be in his cabinet was because it was highly unlikely a democrat would replace them. No democrat is currently going to turn Alabama blue and at the state level, what's blue and red is also very different. There are elected democrats in the Virginia assembly that would be considered staunch republicans in a place like Massachusetts.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

So, I heard on the news that initial reports are Pubs stayed home. Anyone else hearing this? Is this the result of an establishment candidate making people saying screw it?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

There are elected democrats in the Virginia assembly that would be considered staunch republicans in a place like Massachusetts.
This is very true. I consider myself a moderate, and I voted for Democrats locally in Texas and I vote for Republicans locally in NY. I’m glad to see moderates like Northam prevail.

ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieHam wrote:So, I heard on the news that initial reports are Pubs stayed home. Anyone else hearing this? Is this the result of an establishment candidate making people saying screw it?

It's pretty typical of off year elections that the party that won the last time stays home. Though I'd guess it's more because of a general dislike of Trump than a dislike of an establishment candidate. The approval/disapproval polls tell the tale.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:So, I heard on the news that initial reports are Pubs stayed home. Anyone else hearing this? Is this the result of an establishment candidate making people saying screw it?
I think that's part of it. The republicans need to embrace being a party of white people and work that against the liberal 3 ring circus.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I'm guessing oakton's opinion of Guillespe was pretty indicative of how conservatives felt about him. Let's face it, Guillespe has been a perennial loser and is a man wholly of the establishment. There was not much to get excited about for him. It's telling that the GOP Lt gov got more votes than he did.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Bannon disagrees.

Just because he didn't want Bannon to speak doesn't mean he didn't do exactly what Bannon said he did, three days before the election. I'll take the masterminds (Bannon's) words over yours.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Bannon disagrees.

Yeah, like Virginia's debt rating. Not to mention quotes from Bannon. Those aren't out of context so.....
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:

Bannon disagrees.

Just because he didn't want Bannon to speak doesn't mean he didn't do exactly what Bannon said he did, three days before the election. I'll take the masterminds (Bannon's) words over yours.
LOL, What? A little thought would help ya out here.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

Well at least the polls were better this year. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote: disagree. VA is still a conservative state.

Bannon disagrees.

Yeah, like Virginia's debt rating. Not to mention quotes from Bannon. Those aren't out of context so.....
Uh huh, the guy pushed out the way and hidden in the corner from view under a blanket. His advice was followed to the T.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

Candidates who backed trump in special elections in very red states. The reason trump picked those people to be in his cabinet was because it was highly unlikely a democrat would replace them. No democrat is currently going to turn Alabama blue and at the state level, what's blue and red is also very different. There are elected democrats in the Virginia assembly that would be considered staunch republicans in a place like Massachusetts.
Trump-backed candidates have won in several elections where Dems were predicting victory.