WTF is wrong with people? San Antonio now...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

WTF is wrong with people? San Antonio now...

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: WTF is wrong with people? San Antonio now...

Post by USN_Hokie »

The details on this look like they could be *really* bad. Not going to post anything until I see more corroborating info.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:The details on this look like they could be *really* bad. Not going to post anything until I see more corroborating info.

What could be worse than 27 dead?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote:What could be worse than 27 dead?
I've read 30 now. :cry:

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:

Well obviously more deaths worse. I'm just trying to figure out if USN is intimating something more (like ANTIFA).
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Well obviously more deaths worse. I'm just trying to figure out if USN is intimating something more (like ANTIFA).
Yes, motives. Not saying anything because so much of this early reporting is wrong.

We do know that he was dishonorably discharged from the military which would have prohibited him from owning a firearm. Also, a neighbor to the church is who shot him and ended it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Yes, motives. Not saying anything because so much of this early reporting is wrong.

We do know that he was dishonorably discharged from the military which would have prohibited him from owning a firearm. Also, a neighbor to the church is who shot him and ended it.
I'll go on a limb, with limited and late info as I just heard of it a couple hours ago as I pulled the boat out of the water. I wouldn't be surprised if the Joel Osteen type sermon is at play. He's set up the narrative of the Pharisees that if you show up to church and pray then you're going to be a giant success. After all, God loves his people and showers them with wealth, right? So what happens when you're a loser, like this guy sounds like? Then God must hate you so you're punished with failure. And so he took his anger out on God's people. Of course the gospel is nothing like this as it's a corrupting and materialistic blasphemy. And of course this can all be wrong as facts come out, it's my first thoughts after learning what little I have on it so far.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

USN_Hokie wrote:
From CNN (yeah, I know):

A local resident grabbed his own rifle and engaged the gunman, said Freeman Martin, the regional director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.
"The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church," Martin said.

The man then chased the gunman, Martin said.
A witness, Johnnie Langendorff, said he had been driving by when he saw gunfire between the shooter and the armed resident.
Langendorff told CNN affiliate KSAT he never saw the shooter. But the shooter was taking off and the armed resident "briefed me quickly on what had just happened and said we had to get him, and so that's what I did."

They gave chase in his truck and called police dispatch to tell them where they were and what direction they were headed.
"The vehicle was in sight and I was picking up, getting closer and closer to it. We hit about 95 [mph] ... trying to catch this guy until he eventually lost control on his own and went off into the ditch," Langendorff told the station.
"The gentleman that was with me got out and rested his rifle on my hood and kept it aimed at him [shooter], telling him to get out. There was no movement, there was none of that. I just know his brake lights were going on and off, so he might've been unconscious from the crash or something like that. I'm not sure."

When police spotted the suspect's vehicle a short time later at the county line, they found the gunman inside -- dead of a bullet wound. He was later identified as Devin Patrick Kelley.

"At this time, we don't know if it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound or if he was shot by the local resident," Martin said.
#JusticeForNolan
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

A screen shot of his FB likes.
BTW, I see where Democrats were already calling for more gun control before we had a confirmed body count, and blaming Republicans. And they wonder why Trump is President.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:A screen shot of his FB likes.
BTW, I see where Democrats were already calling for more gun control before we had a confirmed body count, and blaming Republicans. And they wonder why Trump is President.
Confirmed? I assumed he was a church member.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:Confirmed? I assumed he was a church member.
Nah, its coming out now that he was an avowed atheist. He hated Christians. He was also dishonorably discharged from the AF which means it was illegal for him to own guns.

=========================================================
The Texas church shooter who mercilessly shot dead 26 people and injured 24 others was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online.

Former classmates say Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, who stormed First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Texas and opened fire on Sunday, was 'creepy', 'crazy' and 'weird'.

Patrick Boyce, who attended New Braunfels High School with the killer, told DailyMail.com: 'He had a kid or two, fairly normal, but kinda quiet and lately seemed depressed.

'He was the first atheist I met. He went Air Force after high school, got discharged but I don't know why.

'I was just shocked [to hear the news]. Still haven’t quite processed how he could have done that.'

Nina Rose Nava, who went to school with the gunman, wrote on Facebook: 'In (sic) in complete shock! I legit just deleted him off my fb cause I couldn't stand his post.

'He was always talking about how people who believe in God we're stupid and trying to preach his atheism'

The shooting happened at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs (pictured), where around 50 people usually attend service

Michael Goff added: 'He was weird but never that damn weird, always posting his atheist sh** like Nina wrote, but damn he always posted pics of him and his baby - crazy.'

Nava added to DailyMail.com: 'I went to school with him. We had a few conversations here and there. It's not something I expected from him.

'He was an outcast but not a loner. He was popular among other outcast. I haven't spoke to him since high school.'

Another former classmate, who asked to remain anonymous, told DailyMail.com: 'I grew up going to school with him... Always creeped me out and was different.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4xcp3QdSu

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:A screen shot of his FB likes.
Confirmed? I assumed he was a church member.
I'm not positive about the screen caps, but he wasn't a member of the church. Some are reporting his MIL was a member there possibly? He's shaping up to be an uprising-type (maybe even antifa) but needless to say, he was farked in the head.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Confirmed? I assumed he was a church member.
Nah, its coming out now that he was an avowed atheist. He hated Christians. He was also dishonorably discharged from the AF which means it was illegal for him to own guns.
It's being reported now that it was a bad conduct discharge and not dishonorable. HOWEVER - he was apparently convicted of domestic violence and even domestic violence misdemeanors are prohibitive. IE - same thing.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Has anyone in the media reported how he came to have guns? I'm curious what gun control law would prevent this since it was already illegal for him to own guns.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Has anyone heard from Uprising? He's been in hiding since the election, growing angrier and stranger ...
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Have Australia's gun control laws prevented shooting deaths?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Have Australia's gun control laws prevented shooting deaths?
No. Australia had very low gun crime before and after they did confiscation. There was a declining trend before which was unchanged after - the same trend seen through most of the west.

If your goal is to prevent all shooting deaths - prisons and concentration camps do a great job at that.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:Have Australia's gun control laws prevented shooting deaths?

Of course they have. The government confiscated most of the guns in the entire country. Duh. I would love to hear a non-partisan, constitutionally viable, effective way to do that in America though. Would love to hear a realistic plan to confiscate 500 million guns and still have the 2A and allow folks to hunt, etc. Maryland has a Japan-Like gun ownership law- Zero concealed carry outside of law enforcement and retired LO. 6-8 week background check that you pay for and is often more expensive than the handgun you are buying. Class required, registration with state police required , and no liberal false talking point "gun show loopholes". Gun must be kept in safe in your home separate from ammo and the only transport permitted is to/from a gun range or competition with proof obviously required. The only difference from Japan is that "long guns" are not regulated in Maryland. You can in fact go to bass pro shop and buy a hunting rifle or shotgun and be out of there in 15 minutes. Note: "assault looking rifles" are also banned in Maryland with the exception of those that only shoot .22 calibur rounds. Large capacity magazines are also of course, banned in Maryland. So yes VERY STRICT gun laws have led to...drum roll.... RECORD GUN DEATHS in Baltimore and parts of PG county. Yep. "gun control" is kicking ass in Maryland. Neighbor DC also has draconian era gun laws, and of course low crime/no shootings there either.

These gun bans/tight gun laws WONT work in the United States to stop/slow down mass murder whack jobs until you can tell me how you are going to get a large portion of 500 MILLION guns back from gangs and law abiding citizens? I'm all ears.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:Has anyone in the media reported how he came to have guns? I'm curious what gun control law would prevent this since it was already illegal for him to own guns.
I've seen reports that he brought it from a sporting goods store? Maybe they missed the fact he is forbidden to own guns as a felon/dishonorably discharged from the Air Force? If so, gun control folks have a point on this one.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:I've seen reports that he brought it from a sporting goods store? Maybe they missed the fact he is forbidden to own guns as a felon/dishonorably discharged from the Air Force? If so, gun control folks have a point on this one.
I wonder if he had bought them before his discharge and criminal charges :?:

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Also, a neighbor to the church is who shot him and ended it.
Is that so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4xf3d9eop

This guy is exactly what I picture Uprising looking like.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Is that so?

Yes. Look at the video in the tweet embedded above.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Is that so?

Yes. Look at the video in the tweet embedded above.
I don’t do Twitter - and they don’t show up for me anyway.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.