United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:18 am 

Party: Draintheswamp
Seriously though, if the facts are as suggested, people should have been able to understand what he meant.

Quote:
The suspect told police ‘give me a lawyer dog.’ The court says he wasn’t asking for a lawyer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/tru ... -a-lawyer/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am 

Party: After 10
Duplicate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:21 am 

Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party
No effing way that holds up under appeal. You don't speak with commas. If a suspect says, "Give me a lawyer, dog," the interview is over and he has invoked his right to counsel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:23 am 

Party: After 10
Hokie CPA wrote:
No effing way that holds up under appeal. You don't speak with commas. If a suspect says, "Give me a lawyer, dog," the interview is over and he has invoked his right to counsel.
I have it under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

Dog should be first word anyway for it to interpreted as the police are. I agree he wins, I'm saying he put himself in this situation by being a moron.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:38 am 

USN_Hokie wrote:
Seriously though, if the facts are as suggested, people should have been able to understand what he meant.

Quote:
The suspect told police ‘give me a lawyer dog.’ The court says he wasn’t asking for a lawyer.

Louisiana.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

Duplicate post dog

Attachment:
Post-dog-e1382258323232.jpg
Post-dog-e1382258323232.jpg [ 28.92 KiB | Viewed 274 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:42 am 

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

Duplicate post dog

Attachment:
Post-dog-e1382258323232.jpg

Good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:45 pm 

awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

Link? I completely missed it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

It's there if you look. In a (not) shocking development, cwtcr refers to our bill of rights as a "weak technicality."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Quote:

Louisiana.

Yep. Louisiana and proper English do not really go together, for anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:51 pm 

Neither does Louisiana and constitutional rights go together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

It's there if you look. In a (not) shocking development, cwtcr refers to our bill of rights as a "weak technicality."

Again for the slow, the issue was wether the guys confession was valid in court due to the lawyer dawg issue, the court case can still go on without his confession, just makes it inadmissable, does not stop the whole case against him unless they have nothing else and decide to drop the charges. But again, my lament was letting a guy go that confesses to assaulting a minor for sex... if you re for that then why even discuss it with you. I know if I did not do anything I would never confess to it, would you?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:32 pm 

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

Again for the slow, the issue was wether the guys confession was valid in court due to the lawyer dawg issue, the court case can still go on without his confession, just makes it inadmissable, does not stop the whole case against him unless they have nothing else and decide to drop the charges. But again, my lament was letting a guy go that confesses to assaulting a minor for sex... if you re for that then why even discuss it with you. I know if I did not do anything I would never confess to it, would you?

First, the appeal court will allow whatever statements were made after the defendant asked for a lawyer, dawg. That is what the article was about.

I don't know what the statements were, but your narrative does not fit the facts that have been published.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Neither does Louisiana and constitutional rights go together.

Napoleonic code for the win...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:35 am 

[/youtube]
USN_Hokie wrote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:17 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

First, the appeal court will allow whatever statements were made after the defendant asked for a lawyer, dawg. That is what the article was about.

I don't know what the statements were, but your narrative does not fit the facts that have been published.

correct, you were bitching about the courts ruling, my point was even if they disallow whatever he said that does not mean the guy is not going to trial is all. But again, if he is confessing to assaulting a minor in a sexual way I am not really worried if he asked for a lawyer or lawyer dawg. Would you confess to that if you did not do it, I sure would not. Now if he was tortured and then confessed I would have a problem with that confession, but he was not. But it would be great if he gets off and moves in next to you I bet, great neighbor for you

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:21 pm 

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Duplicate

correct, you were bitching about the courts ruling, my point was even if they disallow whatever he said that does not mean the guy is not going to trial is all. But again, if he is confessing to assaulting a minor in a sexual way I am not really worried if he asked for a lawyer or lawyer dawg. Would you confess to that if you did not do it, I sure would not. Now if he was tortured and then confessed I would have a problem with that confession, but he was not. But it would be great if he gets off and moves in next to you I bet, great neighbor for you

You really shouldn’t be calling people slow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:35 pm 

No way this stands

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
RiverguyVT wrote:
No way this stands

It's going to be overturned dog

Attachment:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 7.28 KiB | Viewed 106 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:54 pm 

RiverguyVT wrote:
No way this stands

It was the highest court in La that issued the ruling to allow the evidence to be entered.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:07 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
No way this stands

It was the highest court in La that issued the ruling to allow the evidence to be entered.

Yowza. Did not read the article, just scanned these posts.
:o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm 

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
No way this stands

Yowza. Did not read the article, just scanned these posts.
:o

Louisiana.

Time zone: America/New_York