Louis CK is next in line....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Louis CK is next in line....

Post by HokieFanDC »

Over under on how many ppl he has sexually assaulted?
PolyTech

Re: Louis CK is next in line....

Post by PolyTech »

Fresh Aire with Terry Gross hardest hit.
#JusticeForNolan
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:Over under on how many ppl he has sexually assaulted?
dude, every man in america is next in line

All it takes is an accusation to have you fired or removed from everything you are doing, this is not a slippery slope, its an ice run
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Louis CK, wow. Isn't he a dbag politically? Another pillar of the smarmy, egotistical left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Louis CK, wow. Isn't he a dbag politically? Another pillar of the smarmy, egotistical left.

Yes, but at least he's a funny d-bag.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

All it takes is an accusation to have you fired or removed from everything you are doing, this is not a slippery slope, its an ice run
Louis CK is a victim.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

ip is a victim :cry:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

How so, miles?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

How so, miles?
How not, ip?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

How so, miles?
How not, ip?
Was just checking to see if you had a point you wanted to make. Thanks.
miles

Post by miles »

Got it.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

Did not say that, the scary part is nothing is proven on Spacey or Weinstein at this point and they have both been totally removed from everything they did, Louis CK just had his movie premiere cancelled and another show he had scuttled. Folks in Washington are saying Moore should not be running now at all. But all we have so far are accusations with no proof, words are easy thus my comment about it jumping the shark. Would you be thrilled if somebody ACCUSES you of some sex act or something, cuz in todays environment you life is screwed royally.... and you may be totally not involved or at the time it was two adults agreeing to do something (at least that is what you thought)

CK may be guilty of something, I don't know but would love to see the evidence beside she said this or that
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

Did not say that, the scary part is nothing is proven on Spacey or Weinstein at this point and they have both been totally removed from everything they did, Louis CK just had his movie premiere cancelled and another show he had scuttled. Folks in Washington are saying Moore should not be running now at all. But all we have so far are accusations with no proof, words are easy thus my comment about it jumping the shark. Would you be thrilled if somebody ACCUSES you of some sex act or something, cuz in todays environment you life is screwed royally.... and you may be totally not involved or at the time it was two adults agreeing to do something (at least that is what you thought)

CK may be guilty of something, I don't know but would love to see the evidence beside she said this or that
When accusers are willing to give their name to something, I find it to be more credible. particularly when there are multiple people willing to give their names, and their stories corroborate each other.

To your point though, it does appear that Charlie Sheen may have been the "victim" of what you speak. There's people on here calling him a pervert over something that may not be true at all. But to be fair. . . .
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

When accusers are willing to give their name to something, I find it to be more credible. particularly when there are multiple people willing to give their names, and their stories corroborate each other.

To your point though, it does appear that Charlie Sheen may have been the "victim" of what you speak. There's people on here calling him a pervert over something that may not be true at all. But to be fair. . . .
giving your name to something does not prove anything, there is no repercussion if found much later that none of it was true, its a very dangerous road we are riding down but good luck to us and hope you don't get caught up in the nuttiness. I agree with some I have heard lately, don't even talk to the opposite sex, then no danger (unless you have a pissed off girlfriend or something)
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:giving your name to something does not prove anything, there is no repercussion if found much later that none of it was true, its a very dangerous road we are riding down but good luck to us and hope you don't get caught up in the nuttiness. I agree with some I have heard lately, don't even talk to the opposite sex, then no danger (unless you have a pissed off girlfriend or something)
That's where defamation and slander lawsuits come into play. The problem is, you can't squeeze but so much water from a stone. If the accuser is broke then the judgement against them isn't worth the paper with the judge's signature on it.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:giving your name to something does not prove anything, there is no repercussion if found much later that none of it was true, its a very dangerous road we are riding down but good luck to us and hope you don't get caught up in the nuttiness. I agree with some I have heard lately, don't even talk to the opposite sex, then no danger (unless you have a pissed off girlfriend or something)
That's where defamation and slander lawsuits come into play. The problem is, you can't squeeze but so much water from a stone. If the accuser is broke then the judgement against them isn't worth the paper with the judge's signature on it.

yep, there is a risk but it is tiny, we have reached the sad point that once the accusation is made the person is guilty, I like evidence. All these people may be guilty as hell but people lie and change stories, humans are human
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

giving your name to something does not prove anything, there is no repercussion if found much later that none of it was true, its a very dangerous road we are riding down but good luck to us and hope you don't get caught up in the nuttiness. I agree with some I have heard lately, don't even talk to the opposite sex, then no danger (unless you have a pissed off girlfriend or something)
Lending your name does not definitively prove anything, but there are possible repercussions for the accusers if they are FOS. When multiple people lend their name, and presently acknowledge the veracity of their claims, I tend to believe them.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Louis CK is a victim.

Lending your name does not definitively prove anything, but there are possible repercussions for the accusers if they are FOS. When multiple people lend their name, and presently acknowledge the veracity of their claims, I tend to believe them.[/quote]

You do realize people lie, right? if someone says something it means nothing without some kind of proof, same as any other criminal trial. But this is not a trial, this is throw out an accusation, let it cause the damage, that achieves the goal and on to the next person.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Lending your name does not definitively prove anything, but there are possible repercussions for the accusers if they are FOS. When multiple people lend their name, and presently acknowledge the veracity of their claims, I tend to believe them.
20 years ago? Perhaps. However, our contemporary media-driven, attention seeking culture makes me more and more skeptical of such claims. I may believe they're guilty, but I also account for the possibility that the accusers are totally FOS (see the Duke Lacrosse case). Low status + desperation means some people have nothing to lose but much to gain. Fifteen minutes of fame on Facebook or Twitter drives people to do stupid shiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Lending your name does not definitively prove anything, but there are possible repercussions for the accusers if they are FOS. When multiple people lend their name, and presently acknowledge the veracity of their claims, I tend to believe them.
20 years ago? Perhaps. However, our contemporary media-driven, attention seeking culture makes me more and more skeptical of such claims. I may believe they're guilty, but I also account for the possibility that the accusers are totally FOS (see the Duke Lacrosse case). Low status + desperation means some people have nothing to lose but much to gain. Fifteen minutes of fame on Facebook or Twitter drives people to do stupid shiite.
Likely getting that dollar Carville ran through the trailer park.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Nobody tell cwtcr that Louis CK admitted these things happened.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Louis cK with the saavyest PR move of the century. Instead of denying it and dying by slow trickle of information. He admits it, takes his beatings. And moves on and he differentiates himself from every other person playing the deny deny deny game.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Louis cK with the saavyest PR move of the century. Instead of denying it and dying by slow trickle of information. He admits it, takes his beatings. And moves on and he differentiates himself from every other person playing the deny deny deny game.
Lol......I just read his statement.......LOOK AT MY DICK!

What a magoo.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Louis cK with the saavyest PR move of the century. Instead of denying it and dying by slow trickle of information. He admits it, takes his beatings. And moves on and he differentiates himself from every other person playing the deny deny deny game.
Yep. He’ll be fine.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Yep. He’ll be fine.

I like how apologies are all it takes for liberal redemption, blood for conservative redemption. Aka, there's no such thing as liberal capable of forgiveness outside of their cliche. Y'all are more flimsy than a Japanese paper house.
Last edited by awesome guy on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.