What does sexual harassment mean? My guess is

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

What does sexual harassment mean? My guess is

Post by oaktonhokie »

that it means whatever a an alleged victim wants it to mean. It is about to become as meaningless as the term, racist.

Repeatedly asking a girl on a date… Sexual harassment?
Complementing a woman on her clothes… Sexual harassment?

Should a woman call the police if while walking down the street, someone says, “Hey babe, nice butt.”

Sexual harassment is serious and it needs to be taken seriously. But every offense even a crude one is not the time for weepy press conferences and police.

The term needs to be defined. Or, like the term racism, it will dissolve and two meaninglessness..
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: What does sexual harassment mean? My guess is

Post by awesome guy »

All depends on the political affiliation of the accused. Means rape and xenophobia if a Republican, temporary lapse in a quest for gender equality if a Democrat.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

not sure why you post that as the allegations are all over the board, best idea appears to be do not be within 50 feet of the opposite sex and do not talk or make eye contact with them. And of course if you do touch them at all have a signed contract in force. And of course when the ladies go our in revealing clothes to make sure you do not look at them
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

not sure why you post that as the allegations are all over the board, best idea appears to be do not be within 50 feet of the opposite sex and do not talk or make eye contact with them. And of course if you do touch them at all have a signed contract in force. And of course when the ladies go our in revealing clothes to make sure you do not look at them
It's Nolan's primal scream, like a monkey howling as a new face approaches his cage at the zoo. Nothing to it, it's just noise.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Looking at a woman in revealing clothes is not sexual harassment.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Actually you are wrong, just looking at someone can bring a harassment claim if the other person is feeling uncomfortable, thus the point of the original post
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Actually you are wrong, just looking at someone can bring a harassment claim if the other person is feeling uncomfortable, thus the point of the original post
LOL

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Actually he's correct. Looking at a woman in revealing clothing in the workplace can certainly be construed as sexual harassment. All it takes is for her to complain that you've been looking at her too long and she thinks you're creepy.
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

LOL

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

It's like 'social justice'. It means whatever you want it to mean.