Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Props to the 4th Circuit and SC

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I’m happy the localities are allowed to govern themselves as they best see fit.
... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.
Don't forget slavery!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.[/quote]

In this instance. I’m glad that localities are allowed to govern themselves as they see fit in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.[/quote]

Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.[/quote]Because?[/quote]

Because I value the ability of a locality to ban semi-automatic weapons over the right of citizen who chooses to live in that locality to own a semi-automatic weapon.[/quote]Regardless of what the constitution says. Got it[/quote]

Not at all. That's why they had a trial, AG. Please try to keep up.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.
In this instance. I’m glad that localities are allowed to govern themselves as they see fit in this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.[/quote]

Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.[/quote]Because?[/quote]

Because I value the ability of a locality to ban semi-automatic weapons over the right of citizen who chooses to live in that locality to own a semi-automatic weapon.[/quote]Regardless of what the constitution says. Got it[/quote]

Not at all. That's why they had a trial, AG. Please try to keep up.[/quote]

except the judge involved is completely ignoring the second amendment to the nations constitution.....that little fact
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it
IP, like all liberals, thinks rights come from (and thus, can be taken away by) government.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it
IP, like all liberals, thinks rights come from (and thus, can be taken away by) government.
Same people can't understand that no means no with the ladies either. They're agitators and aggressors.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except the judge involved is completely ignoring the second amendment to the nations constitution.....that little fact[/quote]

You find your constitutional knowledge to exceed that of the 4th Circuit’s?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it
The 4th Circuit said that there were no constitutional rights at issue.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it
The 4th circuit is a mob? The Supremes too?

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it

You're trolling of course, but their ruling is in conflict with almost 100yrs of Supreme Court precedent.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it

That's a laughable position. Just admit that you're for ignoring the constitution as there's no logical path to that decision.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.

except the judge involved is completely ignoring the second amendment to the nations constitution.....that little fact[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]It is, just as he can reply with quotes better too
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mob rule, got it

You're trolling of course, but their ruling is in conflict with almost 100yrs of Supreme Court precedent.
Nope.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.
Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
Because?[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]It is, just as he can reply with quotes better too[/quote]

My way works fine.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
Because?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]It is, just as he can reply with quotes better too[/quote]

My way works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I'd say my respect exceeds theirs.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You're trolling of course, but their ruling is in conflict with almost 100yrs of Supreme Court precedent.
Nope.

IP studied morning constitutional law.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You're trolling of course, but their ruling is in conflict with almost 100yrs of Supreme Court precedent.
Nope.

I’ve got you down with cwtcr and AG as having a constitutional acumen superior to the 4th Circuit’s.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Nope.

I’ve got you down with cwtcr and AG as having a constitutional acumen superior to the 4th Circuit’s.

I've got you down with Diggety as having a constitutional acumen superior to the Supreme Court.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Nope.

I've got you down with Diggety as having a constitutional acumen superior to the Supreme Court.
Is that the same Court that denied cert and upheld the 4th circuits correct ruling?

You must be a little peeved. Have you called your realtor? The 4th Cir is no place for a Cap’n.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Is that the same Court that denied cert and upheld the 4th circuits correct ruling?

You must be a little peeved. Have you called your realtor? The 4th Cir is no place for a Cap’n.

Nothing was "upheld". They refused to hear the case - nothing more. You should have learned that in law school.

It only takes 4 votes to grant cert. Both sides are afraid because they don't know how Kennedy will vote. Your efforts to squash individual liberties might not be as successful next year when he's retired.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Nothing was "upheld". They refused to hear the case - nothing more. You should have learned that in law school.

It only takes 4 votes to grant cert. Both sides are afraid because they don't know how Kennedy will vote. Your efforts to squash individual liberties might not be as successful next year when he's retired.
Pissy pissy. It's the law of the land for Maryland, Cap'n. Better luck next time.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Pissy pissy. It's the law of the land for Maryland, Cap'n. Better luck next time.
Patent troll is better at trolling than law. Better luck next time. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Do you deny that the decision is precedential authority in the 4th circuit?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It's not inline with other rulings, not that you care about being honest.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

That was the case when the 4CA ruled. Denying cert had no bearing, but I think you know that.