United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:09 am 

Party: Draintheswamp
https://apnews.com/6a409d3266be46dcaa2f ... lative-win

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am 

Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
Good. I’m shocked those incompetents were able to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:55 am 

HokieHam wrote:

Ha, its far from over. The Senate passed their bill, and the House passed their bill. Now we have to go through reconciliation. I bet dollars to donuts that final bill will not pass the Senate. We are relying on people like Corker, McCain, Flake, Murkowski and Collins for Christ sake (not mention the hate filled Democrats). And we know these people would rather stick a knife in the back of the American people over giving Trump a legislative victory.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 am 

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Ha, its far from over. The Senate passed their bill, and the House passed their bill. Now we have to go through reconciliation. I bet dollars to donuts that final bill will not pass the Senate. We are relying on people like Corker, McCain, Flake, Murkowski and Collins for Christ sake (not mention the hate filled Democrats). And we know these people would rather stick a knife in the back of the American people over giving Trump a legislative victory.

The senate has mucked up their bill so that it is even less of a "tax reform" bill and more of a shifting of items for special interest groups.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:57 am 

Folks are getting too wound up over the individual tax language.

The biggest part of this tax bill is lowering corporate tax rates, which is a good thing for everyone.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:59 am 

USN_Hokie wrote:
https://apnews.com/6a409d3266be46dcaa2f1267fd947a12/Senate-OKs-tax-bill-as-Trump,-GOP-near-big-legislative-win

It passed, but they've boggled this, too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:31 pm 

133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

The senate has mucked up their bill so that it is even less of a "tax reform" bill and more of a shifting of items for special interest groups.

Yeh, it's ridiculous. These are the people that were bitching about people not reading Obamacare, and they added a bunch of nonsense that didn't get released for anyone to read. When you see actual photos of the bill, with amendments written in chicken scratch on the borders of the original bill, it's laughable. We should clear out all 535 of them and start over.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Yeh, it's ridiculous. These are the people that were bitching about people not reading Obamacare, and they added a bunch of nonsense that didn't get released for anyone to read. When you see actual photos of the bill, with amendments written in chicken scratch on the borders of the original bill, it's laughable. We should clear out all 535 of them and start over.

Yup. Clean house.......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:27 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I can agree with that. And the comment above regarding this being a shift or special interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:29 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:

The biggest part of this tax bill is lowering corporate tax rates, which is a good thing for everyone.

I’m glad it will be your kids paying for the 1T.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:11 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I can agree with that. And the comment above regarding this being a shift or special interests.

Try to look at the positives - like large government states (CA, NY, NJ...) no longer having their high tax rates subsidized by the federal government. I'm sure a small government libertarian like yourself can appreciate that.

― P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:30 pm 

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I’m glad it will be your kids paying for the 1T.

So.....NOW you’re concerned about deficits adding to the debt?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Try to look at the positives - like large government states (CA, NY, NJ...) no longer having their high tax rates subsidized by the federal government. I'm sure a small government libertarian like yourself can appreciate that.

Sounds good to me. States like NY, NJ, and CA are tired of subsidizing the states that take in more fed tax money than they pay out. The biggest govt parasites like KY, AL, SC, MI, may have to do something different to keep their citizens fed with less fed gov money.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 pm 

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Sounds good to me. States like NY, NJ, and CA are tired of subsidizing the states that take in more fed tax money than they pay out. The biggest govt parasites like KY, AL, SC, MI, may have to do something different to keep their citizens fed with less fed gov money.

Ahh yes, because having an extensive federally funded infrastructure system sending water, electricity, and goods (among other things) to high cost of living blue states like CA makes red states parasites.

Any other dumb statistics you'd like to discuss?

― P.J. O'Rourke

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]