Another Logan Act violation for DC to prosecute...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: Another Logan Act violation for DC to prosecute...

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You used the word prosecution, I just assumed you meant what you wrote.
Your logic would also require me to think you were a federal prosecutor.
How so?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Worst violation of the Logan Act I can think of is John Kerry, the North Vietnamese, in Paris
That or Ted *huccup* Kennedy. DC doesn't get upset over those because his television doesn't tell him to. :mrgreen:
My opinion (just so you don't confuse this statement as me asserting that it's a definite fact) is that Kennedy violated the Logan Act and that Kerry probably did.

I'm not upset over any of them. You can just ask how I feel instead of fabricating positions I didn't take. As I've also said several times, there are good reasons why people aren't prosecuted for it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Thanks for the shout out! And for the Cap'n Bullshirt 2 for 1. First, I said that I didn't think Flynn should be prosecuted under the Logan Act, multiple times.
Second, you put yourself firmly in the group of dimwits who can't understand the key distinction between Russia and India, with regard to the Logan Act.
Addressing your first point: [emoji38]

Addressing the second: *Reads Logan act* Nope, don't see the India exemption!

Clearly, you don't understand the legislation. Hopefully we can all find common ground there.
You have a horrible memory, on subjects you want to ignore.

"I don't think he should be indicted on what he did"

http://www.uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 75#p208342

I also said this, "meaning that I don't think Flynn should have been charged with a violation."

Your smiley face is just your symbol for "I'm FOS".
My memory is just fine, thanks. I'm making fun of your assertion that Flynn was in violation of the Logan Act - but then, you knew that.
He started off claiming it's illegal for a US citizen to talk with a foreign government. Google searches keep morphing and shifting his misunderstanding of this.
I've never said that, stop making things up.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Thanks for the shout out! And for the Cap'n Bullshirt 2 for 1. First, I said that I didn't think Flynn should be prosecuted under the Logan Act, multiple times.
Second, you put yourself firmly in the group of dimwits who can't understand the key distinction between Russia and India, with regard to the Logan Act.

Clearly, you don't understand the legislation. Hopefully we can all find common ground there.

I also said this, "meaning that I don't think Flynn should have been charged with a violation."

My memory is just fine, thanks. I'm making fun of your assertion that Flynn was in violation of the Logan Act - but then, you knew that.
He started off claiming it's illegal for a US citizen to talk with a foreign government. Google searches keep morphing and shifting his misunderstanding of this.
LOL
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Worst violation of the Logan Act I can think of is John Kerry, the North Vietnamese, in Paris
That or Ted *huccup* Kennedy. DC doesn't get upset over those because his television doesn't tell him to. :mrgreen:
My opinion (just so you don't confuse this statement as me asserting that it's a definite fact) is that Kennedy violated the Logan Act and that Kerry probably did.

I'm not upset over any of them. You can just ask how I feel instead of fabricating positions I didn't take. As I've also said several times, there are good reasons why people aren't prosecuted for it.
Glad I could give you an opportunity to google these and expand your understanding beyond CNN. :mrgreen:
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL
The correct wording is that it's people, not authorized by the government, to talk about disputes with countries that we have disputes with.

It's not every "US citizen", and it's not every "foreign government".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: You have a horrible memory, on subjects you want to ignore.

LOL
The correct wording is that it's people, not authorized by the government, to talk about disputes with countries that we have disputes with.

It's not every "US citizen", and it's not every "foreign government".
That's your latest shifting sands of an argument.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Glad I could give you an opportunity to google these and expand your understanding beyond CNN. :mrgreen:
Cute. Here's an opportunity for you to do something other than post garbage.

Do you think that either of Kenedy or Kerry violated the Logan Act?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Glad I could give you an opportunity to google these and expand your understanding beyond CNN. :mrgreen:

The Logan Act is an irrelevant, possibly unconstitutional, law.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Glad I could give you an opportunity to google these and expand your understanding beyond CNN. :mrgreen:

I didn't ask you your opinion on that. What's your opinion on Kerry or Kennedy violating it?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I didn't ask you your opinion on that. What's your opinion on Kerry or Kennedy violating it?
What is your opinion on the legality of slavery, 13th and 14th amendments aside?

My answer to your question is there. You, the media, and McMuffin look like silly ideologues bringing this up in serious discussion.

LOL, knew it...
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What is your opinion on the legality of slavery, 13th and 14th amendments aside?

My answer to your question is there. You, the media, and McMuffin look like silly ideologues bringing this up in serious discussion.

LOL, knew it...
What does my opinion on the legality of something have to do with Kerry and Kennedy’s actions.

As for “bringing this up”, you’re the buffoon that started this with your misguided, puerile post.
I don’t give a crap about what happens to Flynn. You, on the other hand, are spending your time searching out things to get red-faced over. Nothing about you is serious.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

LOL, knew it...
What does my opinion on the legality of something have to do with Kerry and Kennedy’s actions.

As for “bringing this up”, you’re the buffoon that started this with your misguided, puerile post.
I don’t give a crap about what happens to Flynn. You, on the other hand, are spending your time searching out things to get red-faced over. Nothing about you is serious.
:lol: *Asks me whether their actions were legal, then asks what an opinion of the legality of their actions has to do with the question.* Sit down before you get dizzy!

I haven't wasted any time on your disingenuous arguments and I'm not red-faced - I'm laughing at how blindly partisan you're being.

You used to be reasonable, but Trump has broken you and left a mess which starts purse fights over petty irrelevant distinctions and repeats crap that he reads on CNN and McMuffin's Twitter feed.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

LOL, knew it...

[emoji38] *Asks me whether their actions were legal, then asks what an opinion of the legality of their actions has to do with the question.* Sit down before you get dizzy!

I haven't wasted any time on your disingenuous arguments and I'm not red-faced - I'm laughing at how blindly partisan you're being.

You used to be reasonable, but Trump has broken you and left a mess which starts purse fights over petty irrelevant distinctions and repeats crap that he reads on CNN and McMuffin's Twitter feed.
I think it's more about CNN misleading him with Fake News and then trying to Google an escape. They certainly think they have Trump dead to rights. This whole matter is silly and from democrats not accepting the election and so are grasping at straws to impeach. They're the ones that nominated a global criminal out of DC Comics, that's where their blame should be.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

LOL, knew it...

:lol: *Asks me whether their actions were legal, then asks what an opinion of the legality of their actions has to do with the question.* Sit down before you get dizzy!

LOL. Who started this "fight"? Someone tweeted something about Obama, your panties got twisted, and you come to UWS to call me out. You're the one who's a mess.

As for Kerry/Kennedy, I asked for YOUR opinion, and your response was to ask for MY opinion on slavery. WADR, how does that make any sense? All you have to do is say whether you think Kerry and/or Kennedy violated the Logan Act. It's a yes or no question, and all you can do is deflect. I've been more than reasonable, and I actually answer questions. You, not so much.

You have wasted A LOT of time responding to what I've said with your insults and silliness (which is how you started this thread), but nothing of substance, and nothing to refute what I said. A reasonable person would actually make an argument, you just keeps deflecting.

Finally, on McMuffin, you're probably the only person on UWS who follows his twitter feed. He's a bizarre person to follow.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:[
LOL. Who started this "fight"? Someone tweeted something about Obama, your panties got twisted, and you come to UWS to call me out. You're the one who's a mess.

As for Kerry/Kennedy, I asked for YOUR opinion, and your response was to ask for MY opinion on slavery. WADR, how does that make any sense? All you have to do is say whether you think Kerry and/or Kennedy violated the Logan Act. It's a yes or no question, and all you can do is deflect. I've been more than reasonable, and I actually answer questions. You, not so much.

You have wasted A LOT of time responding to what I've said with your insults and silliness (which is how you started this thread), but nothing of substance, and nothing to refute what I said. A reasonable person would actually make an argument, you just keeps deflecting.

Finally, on McMuffin, you're probably the only person on UWS who follows his twitter feed. He's a bizarre person to follow.
1. You asked for my opinion on whether someone broke an arcane/untested/illegal law. Your question is the equivalent of asking whether someone committed an illegal act by owning a firearm if a state banned all firearms. You can't answer a question like that without a holistic view - and in that regard, my response (short as it is) is more complete and thoughtful than yours.

2. My argument is as simple as it is consistent: your position that Flynn violated the Logan Act is without any standing or merit.

3. I don't follow McMuffin. :lol: I googled "McMullin Logan Act" on a lark and was surprised (not) that his arguments seem to follow the same themes as yours.

4. I do believe that in this thread (and in others) you are always the first to sling insults. Don't play the victim card here.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[

1. You asked for my opinion on whether someone broke an arcane/untested/illegal law. Your question is the equivalent of asking whether someone committed an illegal act by owning a firearm if a state banned all firearms. You can't answer a question like that without a holistic view - and in that regard, my response (short as it is) is more complete and thoughtful than yours.

2. My argument is as simple as it is consistent: your position that Flynn violated the Logan Act is without any standing or merit.

3. I don't follow McMuffin. :lol: I googled "McMullin Logan Act" on a lark and was surprised (not) that his arguments seem to follow the same themes as yours.

4. I do believe that in this thread (and in others) you are always the first to sling insults. Don't play the victim card here.
First, thanks for the first reasonable post you've made in this whole thread.

On #1, you can certainly answer a question about whether someone violated a specific law, without considering whether the law is valid. With the gun argument, the answer would be that someone owning a gun violated that state law, but should not be prosecuted, because the state law is invalid. Your certainty that the Logan Act is unconstitutional is less clear, since the Logan Act is a federal law, and hasn't been challenged. I agree it's certainly arcane, and certainly broad. I can still have an opinion on someone violating it.

2. Been there already. We differ in opinion. I've given you my specific opinion and why. You haven't refuted any of my specific points, or said why you don't think he violated it.

3. There are lots of people that have those same views. It's certainly not limited to McMullin or Dems, or liberals. I would certainly listen to someone who wants to make the argument that Flynn wasn't interfering with Obama policy b/c he didn't tell them they would specifically lift the sanctions. I don't think it's as cut and dried as you, and others, do. But, I don't take the Dem partisan view that Flynn should be tarred and feathered, or that it should lead to Trump.

4. Sure, I believe that's your opinion. I'm not playing a victim card...you're the one who started a thread calling me out, and doing so while also being wrong. You can do that all you want (you do it a lot), but don't get upset when I correct your mistakes.
And if you want to be seen as less combative and less insulting, you might want to distance yourself from the board a-hole. It doesn't reflect well on you.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Ted, too?
John Kerry definitely did.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ted, too?
John Kerry definitely did.
Ole Teddy might be closer to outright treason IMO.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Good grief, with the name-calling.

:cry: :oops:
Danville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Danville.

Manchester asshole
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Thanks for the shout out! And for the Cap'n Bullshirt 2 for 1. First, I said that I didn't think Flynn should be prosecuted under the Logan Act, multiple times.
Triggered!!!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Danville.

Manchester asshole
You can take the hick from the sticks, but you can't take the sticks from the hick.

Stay pissed, Danville. Have a moon pie too.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Danville.

Manchester asshole
You can take the hick from the sticks, but you can't take the sticks from the hick.

Stay pissed, Danville. Have a moon pie too.
Ok meth head