Single payer

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Single payer

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Humira’s Best-Selling Drug Formula: Start at a High Price. Go Higher.https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/busi ... rices.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Single payer

Post by HokieHam »

What the NYeck Times left off was this........typical MoT BS.
Attachments
E05AB3E7-D69D-4B23-828A-F328158B9D4C.png
E05AB3E7-D69D-4B23-828A-F328158B9D4C.png (665.24 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:What the NYeck Times left off was this........typical MoT BS.
Do you think the U.S. government is paying $5 per dose?

A prefilled carton with two syringes costs $2,669 in the United States, compared with $1,362 in Britain, $822 in Switzerland and $552 in South Africa, according to a 2015 report from the International Federation of Health Plans.

Single payer.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

A prefilled carton with two syringes costs $2,669 in the United States, compared with $1,362 in Britain, $822 in Switzerland and $552 in South Africa, according to a 2015 report from the International Federation of Health Plans.

Single payer.
You’re delusional and so in love with government intrusion into your life it’s not funny.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, can apply for their assistance program. Janssen, another big evil drug company offers the same program, for all of their “expensive” drugs. Let’s just say I know first hand. The reason these drugs are so expensive here is because of Medicare mandates and the fact that government has requirements for insurers when they try to negotiate lower prices. So, once again, government intrusion LOSES. When will you ever learn?...........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.
You’re delusional and so in love with government intrusion into your life it’s not funny.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, can apply for their assistance program. Janssen, another big evil drug company offers the same program, for all of their “expensive” drugs. Let’s just say I know first hand. The reason these drugs are so expensive here is because of Medicare mandates and the fact that government has requirements for insurers when they try to negotiate lower prices. So, once again, government intrusion LOSES. When will you ever learn?...........
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

You repeating your failed argument. Typical ip style.

We get Christmas every time you enter a debate.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Facts are facts.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Government has never made anything more efficient or less expensive, but IP has faith it will this time.........
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Government has never made anything more efficient or less expensive, but IP has faith it will this time.........
Except for the cost of Humira. Or the cost of albuterol. Or the cost of to treat a patient for a year.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Except for the cost of Humira. Or the cost of albuterol. Or the cost of to treat a patient for a year.
Nope.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Nope.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Facts are facts.

Nope.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:]

Single payer.

Facts are facts.

Nope.
OK. But Humira still costs about a third of the price in Switzerland as it does in the U.S., regardless of whether or not your ideology allows you to believe it.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Single payer.

Nope.
We all know government is good at redistributing money, but that's not what we're talking about.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote: Except for the cost of Humira. Or the cost of albuterol. Or the cost of to treat a patient for a year.
Nope.
We all know government is good at redistributing money, but that's not what we're talking about.
I'm talking about the price of Humira.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote: Except for the cost of Humira. Or the cost of albuterol. Or the cost of to treat a patient for a year.
Nope.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: We all know government is good at redistributing money, but that's not what we're talking about.
Yes, it costs $5/month in the US.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: We all know government is good at redistributing money, but that's not what we're talking about.
Got it.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

I'm sorry that the facts don't align with your preferred political outcome.

https://www.humira.com/humira-complete/ ... 64Z1812810

I logged onto my health insurance website and my cost would be $35/month, FWIW.

Last edited by USN_Hokie on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Single payer

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

I thought it was $5. Why would you pay $35?

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.

Because that’s through HIS insurance plan. How hard is that to understand? He more than likely would not get approved by Humira if that is the case, although he could. The pharmaceutical company makes the decision.

Look, I have to get infusions once a month. The drug I get is from Janssen. The little bag it comes in would cost me $17,000. My insurance company negotiated with Janssen and my out of pocket would be $1,700/month. I applied for Janssen assistance. In the end, I paid $0.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I'm talking about the price of Humira.
Got it.

Because that’s through HIS insurance plan. How hard is that to understand? He more than likely would not get approved by Humira if that is the case, although he could. The pharmaceutical company makes the decision.

Look, I have to get infusions once a month. The drug I get is from Janssen. The little bag it comes in would cost me $17,000. My insurance company negotiated with Janssen and my out of pocket would be $1,700/month. I applied for Janssen assistance. In the end, I paid $0.
So its not $5? Maybe Cap’n’s insurance gets it for $5.

Or maybe Cap’n’s insurance is paying the full rate, and Cap’n will blame Obamacare for his premiums that are rising about 50% a year.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Or maybe Cap’n’s insurance is paying the full rate, and Cap’n will blame Obamacare for his premiums that are rising about 50% a year.
This is great. You truly do not understand.

Humira could opt to make it $5 and accept Cap’n’s application for assistance. Or they could deny. It’s based on income, illness and other factors. I’m sure their application is very similar to Jansens.

His insurance company and mine for that matter do not pay the full rates as they negotiate with the pharmaceuticals. Unfortunately, the insurance companies are limited by federal laws in how they can negotiate, which makes the drugs more costly to the insurance companies.

And no, we can blame that travesty of Obamacare all by itself for the raising of our premiums, since we are forced to pay for coverage on things we would never need.........brilliant!

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:

Humira could opt to make it $5 and accept Cap’n’s application for assistance. Or they could deny. It’s based on income, illness and other factors. I’m sure their application is very similar to Jansens.

His insurance company and mine for that matter do not pay the full rates as they negotiate with the pharmaceuticals. Unfortunately, the insurance companies are limited by federal laws in how they can negotiate, which makes the drugs more costly to the insurance companies.

And no, we can blame that travesty of Obamacare all by itself for the raising of our premiums, since we are forced to pay for coverage on things we would never need.........brilliant!
Now would be a great opportunity to fix all of this. Where's the GOP plan?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Now would be a great opportunity to fix all of this. Where's the GOP plan?
Politics doesn't allow taking a benefit away from a minority group of people once they've been given it regardless of how damaging it is to the majority, and the citizenry overall. Couple that with the states addiction to the new 100% reimbursement for medicare expansion and you will never get enough senators to vote to repeal or replace. Politics trumps a bad law.