So who here will be tuning out the Super Bowl?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

So who here will be tuning out the Super Bowl?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: So who here will be tuning out the Super Bowl?

Post by nolanvt »

Huge football fan, so I’m going to continue watching the game no matter what temper tantrums that a few players occasionally throw.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:??

I'll watch it, as long as it's entertaining and close. If it's a blowout, off it goes.
Watching NE in the Super Bowl is getting a little boring, though.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Not a chance. I’ll watch the commercials on YouTube later. F the NFL.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I haven’t watched a game all year. I might watch, just depends......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Haven't watched it in years. Don't plan on it.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Not interested in this year's matchup.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Not interested in this year's matchup.
Would be better if Eagles had Wentz
miles

Post by miles »

Me.
Have watched every Super Bowl from the first until now. i've watched less than one quarter of NFL this year.
Same story with NBA.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Haven't watched a game all year. A few minutes of highlights only.

Havn't cared about NFL or superb owl for a few years. Even less this year since they have proven themselves to be reprobates and divas.

Screw 'em.

ip_law-hokie wrote:??

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Have not watched one second of the nfl this year. Not planning on changing that.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

I have little interest this year - or the next 3 years - when the Pats will be at minimum in the AFC championship game. As long as Bellichick and Brady are there, they will be in the final four at minimum and most likely winning the super bowl. It's too predictable in a league built for parity. The pats play in the historically worst division in NFL history over a 15 year span- so they get an automatic bye and home game for winning the division. It's absurd. I love college football because I'm a huge hokies fan, but college is just as bad with Bama- they win the national title every year- its boring. As long as Saban is there, same, same.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I’m going to a party at a new friend’s place that I’m really looking forward to. I’m sure the game will be on, but I’m there for the social aspect.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I’m going to a party at a new friend’s place that I’m really looking forward to. I’m sure the game will be on, but I’m there for the social aspect.
The Super Bowl is a very social occasion for most. I usually either host friends, or watch it at a friend's place.

Are there folks here who have declined social invitations to attend Super Bowl parties?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I’m going to a party at a new friend’s place that I’m really looking forward to. I’m sure the game will be on, but I’m there for the social aspect.
The Super Bowl is a very social occasion for most. I usually either host friends, or watch it at a friend's place.

Are there folks here who have declined social invitations to attend Super Bowl parties?
Same here

This guy has a rare book collection I'd like to see
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Haven't watched it in years. Don't plan on it.
You consciously look away from the TV at Super Bowl parties? Hang out with the wives and discuss the latest school district shake up?
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Same here, I look forward to the Super Bowl every year because of the Super Bowl party. Great atmosphere. Square pools and other silly $1 bets, who is actually playing the game hardly matters.

It's actually kind of sad that most in this thread don't have friends and are just putzing around not participating in one of Merica's greatest holidays.

I hurt for looosers like miles, USN Hokie, and oakton. Just kidding, on second thought, they deserve it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Same here, I look forward to the Super Bowl every year because of the Super Bowl party. Great atmosphere. Square pools and other silly $1 bets, who is actually playing the game hardly matters.

It's actually kind of sad that most in this thread don't have friends and are just putzing around not participating in one of Merica's greatest holidays.

I hurt for looosers like miles, USN Hokie, and oakton. Just kidding, on second thought, they deserve it.
I'm glad I don't keep obnoxious assholes like you amongst friends. I pity the people that put up with you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'm glad I don't keep obnoxious assholes like you amongst friends. I pity the people that put up with you.
You hadn't posted yet, but I'm sure you will be online by yourself too and you could have just as well be named. Have fun buddy!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You hadn't posted yet, but I'm sure you will be online by yourself too and you could have just as well be named. Have fun buddy!
I'll not be around you or your ilk and that's a key component to the start of a good time. Addition via subtraction.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I think they're FOS, and that they actually do at least watch the Super Bowl.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'll not be around you or your ilk and that's a key component to the start of a good time. Addition via subtraction.
You realize you can watch the Super Bowl without watching it with BG, right big buddy?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: The Super Bowl is a very social occasion for most. I usually either host friends, or watch it at a friend's place.

You realize you can watch the Super Bowl without watching it with BG, right big buddy?

Read all the words.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote: Same here, I look forward to the Super Bowl every year because of the Super Bowl party. Great atmosphere. Square pools and other silly $1 bets, who is actually playing the game hardly matters.

Read all the words.
Everybody who watches the super bowl is of BG’s asshole ilk? OK.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'm glad I don't keep obnoxious assholes like you amongst friends. I pity the people that put up with you.

Read all the words.
Everybody who watches the super bowl is of BG’s asshole ilk? OK.

That's a stretch, even for you.