Official State of the Union thread

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Official State of the Union thread

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:One of the black caucus guys just walked out during the USA! chant, following trump calling the capitol the people’s monument
Because to them, it’s a monument of government power over its citizens.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:One of the black caucus guys just walked out during the USA! chant, following trump calling the capitol the people’s monument
Because to them, it’s a monument of government power over its citizens.
Yeah, Trump told Congress and the central planners to F off, that was epic.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Ladytrump.jpg
Ladytrump.jpg (130.14 KiB) Viewed 715 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Much better than Moose
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:Much better than Moose
Hey, someone has to fly the millennium falcon.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol:
Attachments
6E91B5DA-12BD-4B27-98E4-9F717F5F159C.jpeg
6E91B5DA-12BD-4B27-98E4-9F717F5F159C.jpeg (309.03 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Louie DePalma

Post by Louie DePalma »

Kind of reminds me of this creature

This is Louieland. You want America, go outside!
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote::lol:
I'm seeing a striking resemblence....

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

LOL the Dems looked like a bunch of sour grapes losers last night. They couldn't even applaud the low black and hispanic unemployment rates? They just sat there scowling. How immature can you get?

Did you guys see that coward Luis Gutierrez run for his safe space when the chamber started chanting "USA USA?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbf50SL0rs

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

What was with the slobber on Joe Kennedy's mouth?

Remember how libs lost their minds when Marco Rubio just took a couple of swigs of water during his response? Think they'll have a similar response to Kennedy?

=========================================

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I was wrong... I thought it was a CBC guy due to the garb. It was Gutierrez
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video- ... e-chamber/
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:What was with the slobber on Joe Kennedy's mouth?

Remember how libs lost their minds when Marco Rubio just took a couple of swigs of water during his response? Think they'll have a similar response to Kennedy?

I was wondering that as well. Saw the little bit of drool coming out of the corner of his mouth. But hey, he's a legacy.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote:I was wrong... I thought it was a CBC guy due to the garb. It was Gutierrez
I'm confused. Gutierrez was born in Chicago. His parents are Puerto Rican (which is a part of the USA). Did he somehow consider "USA" to be a slight against him?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:What was with the slobber on Joe Kennedy's mouth?

I was wondering that as well. Saw the little bit of drool coming out of the corner of his mouth. But hey, he's a legacy.
Probably cocaine related. BG will have to identify the drug used for us to be sure.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

MSNBCer triggered by the use of the word family[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Image

The are apparently also "turned off" by patriotic language.

BTW, I think only Matthew Dowd and Anna Navarro surpass Joy Reid when it come to insanity, hatred, and stupidity.

==============================================

CNN Laments Trump Using Patriotic Language in SOTU, Alienating Democrats
By Nicholas Fondacaro | January 30, 2018 11:49 PM EST

It didn’t take long for CNN to crank the anti-Trump ridiculousness up to 11 after President Trump’s State of the Union address. Just 19 seconds after Trump concluded his speech CNN host Jake Tapper, and later Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger, whined about how Trump used patriotic language that would inevitably “turn off” liberal Democrats. But their complaints weren’t directed at the melodramatic Democrats but at Trump himself.

Immediately following the speech, host Wolf Blitzer asked Tapper if Trump achieved his goal of unifying people. “Well, let's put aside for one second the parts of the speech that everyone in the world likes. The inspirational stories of Americans and the calls to unity,” Tapper began. “What you saw tonight was President Trump, I think, with one hand reaching out his hand to Democrats, and with the other hand, holding up a fist. And this is almost the conundrum of Donald Trump.”

Tapper did admit that Trump talked about some policy items Democrats could get behind, but bemoaned how the President suggested that all Americans were Dreamers:
But by the same token, I think President Trump doesn't actually necessarily understand just how offensive many Democrats in that chamber are going to find some of the things he proposed and some of the things he said in terms of, there are Americans who are dreamers too, et cetera, some of the things he said about immigration that are going to turn off a lot of people in that chamber.
After listening to CNN’s Dana Bash talk about Trump’s use of his guest’s stories to back up his points, Tapper pointed out the story about a young boy who organized 40,000 flags to be placed on fallen soldiers graves and claimed it was an example of Trump being divisive.

“A beautiful story. One that everyone in the country can unite behind, the idea of honoring veterans, honoring people who have sacrificed,” Tapper said. “But he used that story as a way of taking a shot at NFL players who take a knee to protest police brutality during the national anthem. So then again, you have simultaneously something that everyone can get behind and also a framing that is going to alienate some people.”

A short time later, Borger chimed in to strongly agree with Tapper’s premise:
I want to echo something Jake said. Because on the one hand, the speech could be kind of sunny and moving when you talked about some of the anecdotes and the people who were in that gallery. And then he would turn quite quickly to America first, to saying that Americans are dreamers too, to policies that are quite divisive. And I think he's gotten a little more adept at doing this. And we see that in this speech.
“But there's a lot in there that, particularly on immigration, it didn't seem to me like he was extending much of an olive branch to Democrats,” Borger continued to whine while failing to mention that the DACA deal Trump put on the table was larger than any Democrat proposal to date.

All the whining about Trump being divisive with patriotic speech, yet there was no condemnation of Democrats for being so easily offended by it.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni ... alienating

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I flipped over there to see the crying. It was worse than I thought so went to The Curse of Oak Island on DVR.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

The are apparently also "turned off" by patriotic language.

BTW, I think only Matthew Dowd and Anna Navarro surpass Joy Reid when it come to insanity, hatred, and stupidity.

==============================================

CNN Laments Trump Using Patriotic Language in SOTU, Alienating Democrats
By Nicholas Fondacaro | January 30, 2018 11:49 PM EST

It didn’t take long for CNN to crank the anti-Trump ridiculousness up to 11 after President Trump’s State of the Union address. Just 19 seconds after Trump concluded his speech CNN host Jake Tapper, and later Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger, whined about how Trump used patriotic language that would inevitably “turn off” liberal Democrats. But their complaints weren’t directed at the melodramatic Democrats but at Trump himself.

Immediately following the speech, host Wolf Blitzer asked Tapper if Trump achieved his goal of unifying people. “Well, let's put aside for one second the parts of the speech that everyone in the world likes. The inspirational stories of Americans and the calls to unity,” Tapper began. “What you saw tonight was President Trump, I think, with one hand reaching out his hand to Democrats, and with the other hand, holding up a fist. And this is almost the conundrum of Donald Trump.”

Tapper did admit that Trump talked about some policy items Democrats could get behind, but bemoaned how the President suggested that all Americans were Dreamers:
But by the same token, I think President Trump doesn't actually necessarily understand just how offensive many Democrats in that chamber are going to find some of the things he proposed and some of the things he said in terms of, there are Americans who are dreamers too, et cetera, some of the things he said about immigration that are going to turn off a lot of people in that chamber.
After listening to CNN’s Dana Bash talk about Trump’s use of his guest’s stories to back up his points, Tapper pointed out the story about a young boy who organized 40,000 flags to be placed on fallen soldiers graves and claimed it was an example of Trump being divisive.

“A beautiful story. One that everyone in the country can unite behind, the idea of honoring veterans, honoring people who have sacrificed,” Tapper said. “But he used that story as a way of taking a shot at NFL players who take a knee to protest police brutality during the national anthem. So then again, you have simultaneously something that everyone can get behind and also a framing that is going to alienate some people.”

A short time later, Borger chimed in to strongly agree with Tapper’s premise:
I want to echo something Jake said. Because on the one hand, the speech could be kind of sunny and moving when you talked about some of the anecdotes and the people who were in that gallery. And then he would turn quite quickly to America first, to saying that Americans are dreamers too, to policies that are quite divisive. And I think he's gotten a little more adept at doing this. And we see that in this speech.
“But there's a lot in there that, particularly on immigration, it didn't seem to me like he was extending much of an olive branch to Democrats,” Borger continued to whine while failing to mention that the DACA deal Trump put on the table was larger than any Democrat proposal to date.

All the whining about Trump being divisive with patriotic speech, yet there was no condemnation of Democrats for being so easily offended by it.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ni ... alienating
I hope 1.8 million is a starting point to negotiate down with the freedom caucus. I'd take only ones that came here before age 8 and had lived crime free for 20 years. Everyone else can go back with their parents. The parents go for sure.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Tomorrow CNN will reveal that the Russians with the help of Trump, put Krazy glue on the Democrats seats which kept them from standing!

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Tomorrow CNN will reveal that the Russians with the help of Trump, put Krazy glue on the Democrats seats which kept them from standing!
haha! I'm hoping the memo release this/next lives up to expectations and then we get to watch them scramble. I suspect there will be a lot of damning evidence with no smoking gun and then we get to watch Hoof and company post inane attacks that attempt to equivoquat something Trump said(and taken out of context) with the actions of Obama and his FBI. Then again, McCabe got shown the door pretty fast so there may be a smoking gun it. We'll see, I really hope this exposes the corruption of Obama and Clinton, enough to send people to jail, as they belong.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Really.......this is the progressive leftists in a nutshell.

They hate religious people. They hate the family unit because it’s unfair that some families stay together......and the majority of their constituents families don’t. They want to murder babies in the womb. Even a baby at the 5 month gestation point. The police are the oppressors. They loathe the military. National Anthem. 5is nation should not be celebrated but torn down because of our past transgressions. Good ‘ole Luis Gutierrez couldn’t even stand chants of USA. She left off free speech.....they sure don’t want to hear any speech that goes against their beliefs. They are for illegals as seen by allowing them in the chamber. They are not for rule of law unless it oppresses those of us who try to abide by laws.

I hope this display is hurting them big time.

Jack Galt
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I was wrong... I thought it was a CBC guy due to the garb. It was Gutierrez
I'm confused. Gutierrez was born in Chicago. His parents are Puerto Rican (which is a part of the USA). Did he somehow consider "USA" to be a slight against him?
Maybe he didn't have dinner and was trying to beat the crowds. Like folks do after the sermon, gotta beat the Benediction!
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:

They hate religious people. They hate the family unit because it’s unfair that some families stay together......and the majority of their constituents families don’t. They want to murder babies in the womb. Even a baby at the 5 month gestation point. The police are the oppressors. They loathe the military. National Anthem. 5is nation should not be celebrated but torn down because of our past transgressions. Good ‘ole Luis Gutierrez couldn’t even stand chants of USA. She left off free speech.....they sure don’t want to hear any speech that goes against their beliefs. They are for illegals as seen by allowing them in the chamber. They are not for rule of law unless it oppresses those of us who try to abide by laws.

Poor Joe Kennedy, wiping some drug off his mouth, was doing his damndest to find some victims. I like how he was claiming minorities are left behind while black and hispanic unemployment are at all time lows. He had to dig down into transgender children to spin into a victim, which was low and odd, even for a democrat. They're desperate, their gloom and doom predictions about Trump have blown up in their faces and they're dealing with a new and better Reagan. America is starting another giant run of prosperity and they not only voted against it, but are trying to convince the nation that America is a shithole. They look absolutely insane.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Poor Joe Kennedy, wiping some drug off his mouth, was doing his damndest to find some victims. I like how he was claiming minorities are left behind while black and hispanic unemployment are at all time lows. He had to dig down into transgender children to spin into a victim, which was low and odd, even for a democrat. They're desperate, their gloom and doom predictions about Trump have blown up in their faces and they're dealing with a new and better Reagan. America is starting another giant run of prosperity and they not only voted against it, but are trying to convince the nation that America is a shithole. They look absolutely insane.
He's too young & inexperienced to realize he was sacrificed last night. Lamb like.
No one rational would have wanted that gig, and the ones that would have are the most unhinged...-and embarrass the party.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

He's too young & inexperienced to realize he was sacrificed last night. Lamb like.
No one rational would have wanted that gig, and the ones that would have are the most unhinged...-and embarrass the party.
that stuff in the corner of his mouth may have been semen from him doing the deed to get that gig. "The Kennedy's are back baby!".

I think the democrats could have saved some face with a "but it's not good enough" type of message. It's still a loser, but better and without the long term cost of "we're all going to die!" as we got last night. Trump the monster just hasn't materialized like they claim he has.