Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: How does a former student walk into a HS with guns

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
I agry BUT there is no use to agrgue with folks about the issue.
Yup. You will never change their mind. It’s like talking to a brick wall. You can present as many facts as you want........they will never “Got it”.

I chuckled at this because that's exactly what the gun control people say. Two intransigent sides.
That’s right. One side is based on law and the constitution. The other....raw emotion the moment anything like this happens. I’m not willing to give up my personal freedoms for a bunch of handwringers.
I'd put the number around 3 or 4. 3 or 4 schools getting shot up per quarter is worth it. You having the right to own an AR-15 is important.
Well, we haven't reached that number yet so i guess it's good
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????
Mass school shootings only happen when republicans are in office, too.
That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

This is all good for the NRA, and 2nd amendment proponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
The two are becoming more similar in my book. 17 dead in inner-city Chicago doesn’t move my needle either. Both should, but they don’t.

We have a place where you are "free" from the ability to commit violence or have it committed upon you. It's called prison.

I'm not interested in living in that world, sorry. Believing that others have a duty to protect you is typically a single female response. As man, it's my responsibility ensure the safety and well-being of my family. Leftists/statists attack the family because intact families are competition to the state.
A little bit of a cromagnon man response there. You're a hunter, not a gatherer?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
That’s not true at all. In fact, these stories don’t really move the needle anymore for me.

Maybe it would be different f I had kids, but I don’t really care anymore. We can expect 5-100 people to die from a mass shooting event every month or so. NBD.

yes Chicago is a dangerous place for some 17 dead is a weekend or two in chicago.... so far the MSM has not camped out there extolling how bad america is...hmmmm
The two are becoming more similar in my book. 17 dead in inner-city Chicago doesn’t move my needle either. Both should, but they don’t.

We have a place where you are "free" from the ability to commit violence or have it committed upon you. It's called prison.

I'm not interested in living in that world, sorry. Believing that others have a duty to protect you is typically a single female response. As man, it's my responsibility ensure the safety and well-being of my family. Leftists/statists attack the family because intact families are competition to the state.
A little bit of a cromagnon man response there. You're a hunter, not a gatherer?
Settled law, actually. The Supreme Court ruled over a decade ago that police have no duty to protect citizens. The only person responsible for your safety is you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/polit ... otect.html

PS - of course I would be a hunter, I'm a man. Women forage/gather, men hunt. Applied to modern day, I can tear up the drawer looking for a wisk that my wife can find in 2 seconds. Also, it's the reason why women aren't generally color blind (can't find ripe fruit if you can't see colors right). On the flip side, color-blindness has some advantages for detecting motion which benefits hunters (also the reason many predator animals are color blind).
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Gun control laws, like any law, should be fair, effective and not based on prejudice or stereotype...

In this era of “alternative facts,” we must urge politicians to create laws based on reliable evidence and solid data.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:Gun control laws, like any law, should be fair, effective and not based on prejudice or stereotype...

In this era of “alternative facts,” we must urge politicians to create laws based on reliable evidence and solid data.
+1
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
I agry BUT there is no use to agrgue with folks about the issue.
Yup. You will never change their mind. It’s like talking to a brick wall. You can present as many facts as you want........they will never “Got it”.

I chuckled at this because that's exactly what the gun control people say. Two intransigent sides.
That’s right. One side is based on law and the constitution. The other....raw emotion the moment anything like this happens. I’m not willing to give up my personal freedoms for a bunch of handwringers.
I'd put the number around 3 or 4. 3 or 4 schools getting shot up per quarter is worth it. You having the right to own an AR-15 is important.
Well, we haven't reached that number yet so i guess it's good
Yup. Depending on the data and what is considered “shot up”.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HooFighter wrote:I wonder what his UWS handle was.

Ah, so I see we're already stooping to the political gotcha game. Well in that case, I wonder what kind of "white nationalist" belongs to a Syrian Resistance group?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:How was he a former student if it started in a class room? 4 of the 17 were killed outside the school, where did this start?

They just reported he used a rifle, BIGGER question, how do you get a rifle into a HS?????

Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
He's not saying that, but because of our unique gun freedom, we have to just take these shootings on the chin because what can we really do about them? Other countries don't have these problems and, in part, it's because they don't have the same gun freedom that we do. It's as simple as that. Our freedom comes at a cost...
If you can debate with insulting, if this guy could not get any gun, since he was hell bent on taking other random people's lives do you believe that he would never have killed anyone in his life? I don't, he would have figured out a way, for instance, go to internet, watch video on how to build a half decent bomb... execute said plan...dead people
If this guy couldn't get a gun than no, on average, he (and his equivalent peers in aggregation) wouldn't kill nearly as many people. That's pretty clear and I'd be hard pressed to think anyone on here would disagree.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Do you really think the NRA and the 2nd amendment are why people shoot up schools? Seriously? Do you think the NRA wants kids shot? promotes it? Do you think these serial killers wake up and say.. welp, we have the 2A in America, and that is my license to kill today. No intelligent root cause analysis would get to NRA and 2A in regards to WHY yesterday happened. There is not a fishbone large enough to get there logically.
He's not saying that, but because of our unique gun freedom, we have to just take these shootings on the chin because what can we really do about them? Other countries don't have these problems and, in part, it's because they don't have the same gun freedom that we do. It's as simple as that. Our freedom comes at a cost...
Gun "freedom" is only part of the equation. What else does America have that Australia and Scotland don't?
- Ever increasing social liberalism- more abortions, more legal drugs, more crime, more sanctuary city's, more welfare programs, more single parents/non traditional families. This erodes morals and societal norms- no two ways around it.
- Easy, cheap, insane access to Ambien, Ritalin, Oxy, etc, etc, etc. Kids are legally drugged if they can't pay attention in science class
- Unmanageable/untraceable illegal gun inventory- Scotland doesn't have 150 million illegal guns floating around.
When it comes to this class of gun killings, I don't think so. You think the mass shootings since Columbine have much to do with these issues? Here and there, sure but it the amount of carnage boils down to easy access, legal or otherwise given our level of freedom.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Gun "freedom" is only part of the equation. What else does America have that Australia and Scotland don't?
- Ever increasing social liberalism- more abortions, more legal drugs, more crime, more sanctuary city's, more welfare programs, more single parents/non traditional families. This erodes morals and societal norms- no two ways around it.
- Easy, cheap, insane access to Ambien, Ritalin, Oxy, etc, etc, etc. Kids are legally drugged if they can't pay attention in science class
- Unmanageable/untraceable illegal gun inventory- Scotland doesn't have 150 million illegal guns floating around.
When it comes to this class of gun killings, I don't think so. You think the mass shootings since Columbine have much to do with these issues? Here and there, sure but it the amount of carnage boils down to easy access, legal or otherwise given our level of freedom.
The shootings aren't driven by ease of access. If you want a gun you can get a gun.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

So the shooter killed 3 people outside and then entered the building thru a stairwell. How did he get into the stairwell?
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Local law enforcement: No ties between militia and Florida high school shooter

I've read that it was a 4Chan hoax used to troll the media.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote: If this guy couldn't get a gun than no, on average, he (and his equivalent peers in aggregation) wouldn't kill nearly as many people. That's pretty clear and I'd be hard pressed to think anyone on here would disagree.
Nice.

Edit: just in case anyone is confused:

Last edited by USN_Hokie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Major Kong wrote:Local law enforcement: No ties between militia and Florida high school shooter

I've read that it was a 4Chan hoax used to troll the media.
So more fake news. I should have known.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
The firearm homicide rate is less now than it was when Columbine happened, Sherlock. In fact, the overall homicide rate reached a 51-year low in 2014 (I do believe it continued ticking down until a slight tick up during the hands up don't shoot year):

...over a period in which the number of guns increased:

https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
The firearm homicide rate is less now than it was when Columbine happened, Sherlock. In fact, the overall homicide rate reached a 51-year low in 2016:

Not fair USN. You’re using real facts and statistics while he’s trying to have an emotional argument.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
The firearm homicide rate is less now than it was when Columbine happened, Sherlock. In fact, the overall homicide rate reached a 51-year low in 2016:

Not fair USN. You’re using real facts and statistics while he’s trying to have an emotional argument.
I tried searching for "carnage by year" and couldn't find anything. :?:
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Nobody said they're driven by ease of access. That happen more than they would if there weren't such ease of access. I'm not even saying we should change anything. I just wish you guys wouldn't be so obtuse about the notion that if we had more restrictive gun policies, we'd have less of these events. It's a cost of our freedom.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

The slurping sound is another one of you faggots on USN's dick.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
The firearm homicide rate is less now than it was when Columbine happened, Sherlock. In fact, the overall homicide rate reached a 51-year low in 2014 (I do believe it continued ticking down until a slight tick up during the hands up don't shoot year):

Interesting statistics that are important to note but I don't think it takes away from the fact that we're the only nation where these events consistently happen and we have, presumably, the most freedom with respect to gun rights. You guys aren't willing to admit that those two things are linked? Seriously? Our freedom is costly. Is that uncomfortable for you guys to admit.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Nobody said they're driven by ease of access. That happen more than they would if there weren't such ease of access. I'm not even saying we should change anything. I just wish you guys wouldn't be so obtuse about the notion that if we had more restrictive gun policies, we'd have less of these events. It's a cost of our freedom.
Makes sense to me, BG buddy.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BG Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Dude....really??
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Dude....really??
Yeah, I'm a kids of the 80's / 90's, I still say faggot some times. My bad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BG Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Dude....really??
Yeah, I'm a kids of the 80's / 90's, I still say faggot some times. My bad.
Yeh...that was the worst part!
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

BG Hokie wrote:Yeah, I'm a kids of the 80's / 90's, I still say faggot some times. My bad.
Faggot and fag are still in pretty normal use around here...I rekkin' it's a cultural thing. :)