Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: We should script this site to link

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I'm amused that the NRA is correlated to the shooting, in his mind, but that the guy who actually picked the shooter up and delivered him (with weaponry in hand) to the scene has no relationship to the situation at all. Because, you know, there's Uber in Finland or something like that...

:ugeek: :?
It’s diversion to bring up uber in the first place. Absent hindsight, there is no reason for that driver to think cruz is going to shoot up a school because he was carrying a duffel bag. That’s silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it a duffle bag, or a case. There's a significant difference.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I'm amused that the NRA is correlated to the shooting, in his mind, but that the guy who actually picked the shooter up and delivered him (with weaponry in hand) to the scene has no relationship to the situation at all. Because, you know, there's Uber in Finland or something like that...

It’s diversion to bring up uber in the first place. Absent hindsight, there is no reason for that driver to think cruz is going to shoot up a school because he was carrying a duffel bag. That’s silly.

An AR 15 doesn't fit in a duffle bag.
I'd like to see a pic of the bag

Failures I see:
1- the background check system (cops had been to his home 39 times in a few years)
2- FBI after having been alerted
3- the Uber driver
4- his family
5- the killer himself
6- I'm mildly interested in the meds he was taking

But hey, yeah. "NRA! NRA! Slobber-Pant"
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

An AR 15 doesn't fit in a duffle bag.
I'd like to see a pic of the bag

Failures I see:
1- the background check system (cops had been to his home 39 times in a few years)
2- FBI after having been alerted
3- the Uber driver
4- his family
5- the killer himself
6- I'm mildly interested in the meds he was taking

But hey, yeah. "NRA! NRA! Slobber-Pant"
It could if you broke it down into pieces. Duffle bag would have to be 26+" still though in order to fit.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I'd still like to see it
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I don’t know. Either way it’s only hindsight that renders the uber trip suspicious. Here’s lots of good reasons for someone of a student’s age would be bringing a case or bag to school. Band, sports, whatever.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I don’t know. Either way it’s only hindsight that renders the uber trip suspicious. Here’s lots of good reasons for someone of a student’s age would be bringing a case or bag to school. Band, sports, whatever.

I'm not wound up either way, but I do think a gun case stands out in this situation.