No Americans involved. None benefitted.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieFanDC

Re: No Americans involved. None benefitted.

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
You've reduced you definition "influence" to something meaningless. :lol:

Their objective was to create interference, discord, unrest in the US in order to preoccupy the administration with domestic issues, allowing Russia to pursue its foreign policy unfettered. They succeeded. Congratulations.
You think that’s a nothing burger. I don’t. Move on.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times.

Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn't do that’, and I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This is the sort of thing I was talking about during the election. Somebody get hoof an icepack.

As I've been saying for over a year now, the Russians didn't try and influence the election for one candidate or another. They tried to disrupt the democratic process, give us a black eye, create turmoil so that we citizens felt that the process was not fair or was tampered with. It was one big disinformation campaign to cause civil unrest, confusion and dissention among all of us. And it has worked extremely well.

As a side note, I also believe that Kremlin agents were the bulk of the Russian "sources" for Steele's dossier. Again, intentional disinformation to create hate and discontent and turmoil among US citizens of both political parties.
LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
In your head, sure.

The Russians definitely interfered with the election. The goal of the interference is to influence. That's what social media does.
Wrong. The goal of their interference was to create turmoil and discontent among our citizenry, to give our democracy and electorial process a black eye. It was to create social unrest in the US, and it has worked masterfully.
Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
No, they didn't influence the election, i. e. their actions did not impact the election. They influenced peoples perception of the election and the overall electoral process. So they influenced people, not the election. There is a big difference.
Good lord. What's the matter with you people. Is your purpose to downplay the magnitude of creating discontent and turmoil, giving our electoral process a black eye? That's a big deal. It's not a nothing burger.
How about stop arguing over the context of the influence, and just say, hey it's a big deal, and we need to stop if from happening again. I don't necessarily think you're saying that, but there are plenty of people that are.
I think it's a huge deal , more so than if they had just tried influence the election by swinging it one way or another. They actually tried to undermine our government by sowing seeds of doubt across the board. This influencing of the populace is much more significant than working an election. So the word "influence" and who or what was influenced DOES have meaning as it goes to the severity.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This is the sort of thing I was talking about during the election. Somebody get hoof an icepack.

As I've been saying for over a year now, the Russians didn't try and influence the election for one candidate or another. They tried to disrupt the democratic process, give us a black eye, create turmoil so that we citizens felt that the process was not fair or was tampered with. It was one big disinformation campaign to cause civil unrest, confusion and dissention among all of us. And it has worked extremely well.

As a side note, I also believe that Kremlin agents were the bulk of the Russian "sources" for Steele's dossier. Again, intentional disinformation to create hate and discontent and turmoil among US citizens of both political parties.
LOL.

What do you find so humorous? Reality sucks for you, doesn't it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
In your head, sure.

The Russians definitely interfered with the election. The goal of the interference is to influence. That's what social media does.
Wrong. The goal of their interference was to create turmoil and discontent among our citizenry, to give our democracy and electorial process a black eye. It was to create social unrest in the US, and it has worked masterfully.
Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.
No, they didn't influence the election, i. e. their actions did not impact the election. They influenced peoples perception of the election and the overall electoral process. So they influenced people, not the election. There is a big difference.
Good lord. What's the matter with you people. Is your purpose to downplay the magnitude of creating discontent and turmoil, giving our electoral process a black eye? That's a big deal. It's not a nothing burger.
How about stop arguing over the context of the influence, and just say, hey it's a big deal, and we need to stop if from happening again. I don't necessarily think you're saying that, but there are plenty of people that are.
I think it's a huge deal , more so than if they had just tried influence the election by swinging it one way or another. They actually tried to undermine our government by sowing seeds of doubt across the board. This influencing of the populace is much more significant than working an election. So the word "influence" and who or what was influenced DOES have meaning as it goes to the severity.
So they acted like democrats...
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Yeh, that's what I said. And I've said it previously. All those things you are describing are them having an influence on our election.

Their objective was to create interference, discord, unrest in the US in order to preoccupy the administration with domestic issues, allowing Russia to pursue its foreign policy unfettered. They succeeded. Congratulations.
No, it's a nothingburger from the trump-russia collusion/election stolen from Hillary perspective.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

The Russians wanted trump to win.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No, it's a nothingburger from the trump-russia collusion/election stolen from Hillary perspective.
I agree that this has nothing to do with collusion or stealing the election. I didn't say that it did have something to do with that.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

No, the Russians wanted to undermine the whole process. It wasn't about Hillary or Trump, it was about damaging Americas confidence in its institutions.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

No, the Russians wanted to undermine the whole process. It wasn't about Hillary or Trump, it was about damaging Americas confidence in its institutions.
Whatever makes yourself feel better.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: As I've been saying for over a year now, the Russians didn't try and influence the election for one candidate or another. They tried to disrupt the democratic process, give us a black eye, create turmoil so that we citizens felt that the process was not fair or was tampered with. It was one big disinformation campaign to cause civil unrest, confusion and dissention among all of us. And it has worked extremely well.

LOL.

Whatever makes yourself feel better.

Why can't you accept the truth?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The media is absolute garbage.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

This whole clusterphuque of a year long issue preyed upon the all around idiocracy of the American public.

Art is intimating life.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Now that’s a good laugh.

His is an example of ip and “Got it”...........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:
“Cut it out”
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

I'm curious to hear what evidence you can cite to support that claim.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

IP is a dope, he don't need no stinking evidence.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

LOL.

I made it up. You guys are right.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LOL.

This guy really gets it.
Mueller's indictment shows Russian intent to elect Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/17/opinions ... index.html

Just kidding. That's a really stupid conclusion.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LOL.

This guy really gets it.

Yep, it was a stupid conclusion. And the author of that column is a partisan hack wishing, hoping, dare i say praying, for there to be something, anything, to come from the Mueller snipe hunt. Unfortunately for him the latest indictment isn't that golden bullet. It's actually just the opposite, he just can't make himself admit it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: What do you find so humorous? Reality sucks for you, doesn't it.

This guy really gets it.

Yep, it was a stupid conclusion. And the author of that column is a partisan hack wishing, hoping, dare i say praying, for there to be something, anything, to come from the Mueller snipe hunt. Unfortunately for him the latest indictment isn't that golden bullet. It's actually just the opposite, he just can't make himself admit it.
Hoof and company will never halt Operation Barbarossa.