Father of FL school shooting victim speaks to Trump

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Father of FL school shooting victim speaks to Trump

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

He's right folks. We don't need to punish & strip away the rights of law abiding gun owners. We need to fix the security in our schools. Why should federal & state government buildings have so much security, but our own schools do not? Our most precious things in our lives are our children. We should give them at least the same amount of security that we give to politicians.

BTW, this is the same father that received all of the hate-tweets from liberals for wearing a Trump shirt. These are the same liberals that keep telling us how much they care about the children, but apparently they don't care about the ones whose fathers support Trump.

===========================================

Trump-Supporting Father Who Lost Daughter In Florida Shooting Delivers Amazing Speech At White House
Benny Johnson
5:34 PM 02/21/2018

When Andrew Pollack grabbed the microphone at the White House to tell President Trump what he thinks about school shootings, you could hear a pin drop.

Pollack lost his daughter Meadow last week at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland when a deranged gunman rampaged through the school with an semi-automatic rifle.

Pollack received some criticism online for wearing a Trump 2020 shirt while holding up a photo of his deceased daughter Meadow.

Reporter Alexandra Seltzer tweeted this photo of Andrew Pollack, who was holding up a photo of his missing daughter, Meadow Pollack, one of the 17 deceased.

Today, students and families who experienced the horrific school shooting in Florida last week gathered at the White House to speak with President Trump. Trump gathered the families and students in the State Dining Room at the White House and listened as high school students took turns on the microphone. When Pollack took the microphone and told his gut wrenching story, everyone went silent.

Mr. Pollack’s full remarks deserve to be printed:
I’m here because my daughter has no voice.

She was murdered last week, and she was taken from us, shot nine times on the third floor. We as a country failed our children. This shouldn’t happen. We go to the airport, I can’t get on a plane with a bottle of water, but we leave some animal to walk into a school and shoot our children. It is just not right.

And we need come together as a country and work on what’s important.

And that is protecting our children in the schools. That’s the only thing that matters right now. Everyone has to come together and not think about different laws. We need to come together as a country, not different parties, and figure out how we protect the schools. It is simple.

It is not difficult. We protect airports. We protect concerts, stadiums, embassies. The Department of Education that I walked in today that has a security guard in the elevator. How do you think that makes me feel? In the elevator they got a security guard. I’m very angry that this happened, because it keeps happening.

9/11 happened once, and they fixed everything. How many schools, how many children have to get shot? It stops here with this administration and me. I’m not going to sleep until it is fixed. And Mr. President, we’re going to fix it. Because I’m going to fix it. I’m not going to rest.

And my boys need live with this. I want to see everyone — you guys look at this. Me, I’m — I’m a man, but to see your children go through this, bury their sister. That’s what I keep saying because I want to sink in. Not forget about this. We can’t forget about it.

All these school shootings, it doesn’t make sense. Fix it.

Should have been one school shooting and we should have fixed it. And I’m pissed. Because my daughter I’m not going to see again. She’s not here. She’s not here. She’s in North Lauderdale at … King David Cemetery. That is where I go to see my kid now.

And if we all work together and come up with the right idea — school safety. It is not about gun laws. That is another fight, another battle. Let’s fix the schools and then you guys can battle it out whatever you want. But we need our children safe. Monday, tomorrow, whatever day it is, your kids are going to go to school. You think everyone’s kids are safe?

I didn’t think it was going to happen to me. If I knew that, I would have been at the school every day if I knew it was that dangerous. It’s enough. Let’s get together, work with the president and fix the schools. That’s it. No other discussions. … I’m never going to see my kid again. … Never, ever will I see my kid. I want it to sink in. It’s eternity. My beautiful daughter I’m never going to see again. And it’s simple. It’s not — we can fix it.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/21/trump ... ite-house/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Re: Father of FL school shooting victim speaks to Trump

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:He's right folks. We don't need to punish & strip away the rights of law abiding gun owners. We need to fix the security in our schools. Why should federal & state government buildings have so much security, but our own schools do not? Our most precious things in our lives are our children. We should give them at least the same amount of security that we give to politicians.

BTW, this is the same father that received all of the hate-tweets from liberals for wearing a Trump shirt. These are the same liberals that keep telling us how much they care about the children, but apparently they don't care about the ones whose fathers support Trump.

Trump-Supporting Father Who Lost Daughter In Florida Shooting Delivers Amazing Speech At White House
Benny Johnson

When Andrew Pollack grabbed the microphone at the White House to tell President Trump what he thinks about school shootings, you could hear a pin drop.

Pollack lost his daughter Meadow last week at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland when a deranged gunman rampaged through the school with an semi-automatic rifle.

Pollack received some criticism online for wearing a Trump 2020 shirt while holding up a photo of his deceased daughter Meadow.

Reporter Alexandra Seltzer tweeted this photo of Andrew Pollack, who was holding up a photo of his missing daughter, Meadow Pollack, one of the 17 deceased.

Today, students and families who experienced the horrific school shooting in Florida last week gathered at the White House to speak with President Trump. Trump gathered the families and students in the State Dining Room at the White House and listened as high school students took turns on the microphone. When Pollack took the microphone and told his gut wrenching story, everyone went silent.

She was murdered last week, and she was taken from us, shot nine times on the third floor. We as a country failed our children. This shouldn’t happen. We go to the airport, I can’t get on a plane with a bottle of water, but we leave some animal to walk into a school and shoot our children. It is just not right.

And that is protecting our children in the schools. That’s the only thing that matters right now. Everyone has to come together and not think about different laws. We need to come together as a country, not different parties, and figure out how we protect the schools. It is simple.

It is not difficult. We protect airports. We protect concerts, stadiums, embassies. The Department of Education that I walked in today that has a security guard in the elevator. How do you think that makes me feel? In the elevator they got a security guard. I’m very angry that this happened, because it keeps happening.

9/11 happened once, and they fixed everything. How many schools, how many children have to get shot? It stops here with this administration and me. I’m not going to sleep until it is fixed. And Mr. President, we’re going to fix it. Because I’m going to fix it. I’m not going to rest.

And my boys need live with this. I want to see everyone — you guys look at this. Me, I’m — I’m a man, but to see your children go through this, bury their sister. That’s what I keep saying because I want to sink in. Not forget about this. We can’t forget about it.

Should have been one school shooting and we should have fixed it. And I’m pissed. Because my daughter I’m not going to see again. She’s not here. She’s not here. She’s in North Lauderdale at … King David Cemetery. That is where I go to see my kid now.

And if we all work together and come up with the right idea — school safety. It is not about gun laws. That is another fight, another battle. Let’s fix the schools and then you guys can battle it out whatever you want. But we need our children safe. Monday, tomorrow, whatever day it is, your kids are going to go to school. You think everyone’s kids are safe?

I didn’t think it was going to happen to me. If I knew that, I would have been at the school every day if I knew it was that dangerous. It’s enough. Let’s get together, work with the president and fix the schools. That’s it. No other discussions. … I’m never going to see my kid again. … Never, ever will I see my kid. I want it to sink in. It’s eternity. My beautiful daughter I’m never going to see again. And it’s simple. It’s not — we can fix it.
and yet in those discussions yesterday many folks claimed the schools have to be gun free zones....amazing. He is 100% right, I can't get into a nfl stadium with anything unless it is in a clear ziplock but the dude in FL is walking thru the school with a damn rifle
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:He's right folks. We don't need to punish & strip away the rights of law abiding gun owners. We need to fix the security in our schools. Why should federal & state government buildings have so much security, but our own schools do not? Our most precious things in our lives are our children. We should give them at least the same amount of security that we give to politicians.

Benny Johnson

Bullet proof doors and glass in all schools.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Unfortunately, we have to lock down schools across the country because some people think that the rights of crazy F's to walk the streets is more important than everyone else's rights.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

Benny Johnson

the FL guy was not shooting people thru glass, he was in the school (maybe better door security) and was shooting them at point blank range....the second opposition showed up he ran
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Benny Johnson

the second opposition showed up he ran
Others have pointed out to you that this is incorrect.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Benny Johnson

That's nonsense. Needing to have security at a school is a failure of the country, not the school.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
That's nonsense. Needing to have security at a school is a failure of the country, not the school.
So is it a "failure of the country" when we have to have security at other locations like airports and government buildings? Why is it a failure to have to have security at schools? And would you consider it a failure of the country if we have to resort to violating the 2A (aka infringing on the rights of citizens)?

I'd prefer beefing up security in schools over trampling all over the Bill of Rights.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
So is it a "failure of the country" when we have to have security at other locations like airports and government buildings? Why is it a failure to have to have security at schools? And would you consider it a failure of the country if we have to resort to violating the 2A (aka infringing on the rights of citizens)?

I'd prefer beefing up security in schools over trampling all over the Bill of Rights.
Airports and govt. buildings have been identified as targets of terrorists, so maybe you can consider it a failure that we don't stop all terrorists.
And yes, it would be a failure to resort to violating the 2A.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Benny Johnson

what is incorrect, he dropped his weapon and ran out of the building with other students, thus why they got him at the shopping center next door.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Airports and govt. buildings have been identified as targets of terrorists, so maybe you can consider it a failure that we don't stop all terrorists.
I would consider anyone that steps into a school and randomly shoots and kills people to be a terrorist. And given the rash of school shootings, it seems that terrorists have identified schools as targets (because they are soft) so why would we not take the same course of action to protect them?

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Benny Johnson

what is incorrect, he dropped his weapon and ran out of the building with other students, thus why they got him at the shopping center next door.
When did opposition show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Who was it that apprehended him? Fairies with glitter bombs?

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Who was it that apprehended him? Fairies with glitter bombs?
Cwtcr said, repeatedly, that “the second opposition showed up he ran.” This is incorrect.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I would consider anyone that steps into a school and randomly shoots and kills people to be a terrorist. And given the rash of school shootings, it seems that terrorists have identified schools as targets (because they are soft) so why would we not take the same course of action to protect them?
That’s fine if you want to just change the meaning of the word terrorism. What was his political aim?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:[quote="cwtcr hokie”]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Oh oh, I know this one!!!

The opposition showed up an hour after he ran off.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... d91a474e3b

The armchair QB's that believe they'd be rambo if a mass shooting occurs near them and they're armed better take an inward look at themselves. I think this would typically be the reaction. If I recall, there was a person with a CCL around Gabby Giffords when she was shot, the person was carrying and never drew their weapon from what I understand.

I've been involved in work emergencies where people in panic situations can't remember a bit of their training and freeze up. It happens a lot.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote: . If I recall, there was a person with a CCL around Gabby Giffords when she was shot, the person was carrying and never drew their weapon from what I understand.

I've been involved in work emergencies where people in panic situations can't remember a bit of their training and freeze up. It happens a lot.
And? So what? That's equally applicable to cops.

If you want to trade anecdotes, it was a legal AR owner who stopped the gunman shooting up that church in Texas.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote: . If I recall, there was a person with a CCL around Gabby Giffords when she was shot, the person was carrying and never drew their weapon from what I understand.

So maybe the call for more guns would not provide an adequate solution?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

That...doesnt make any sense.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It makes sense to me.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It makes sense to me.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It makes sense to me.
Not seeing your picture, which I'm sure is funny and/or insightful, as the case may be.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Not seeing your picture,
Agree.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Not seeing your picture,
Agree.
It was just an X.