Resource Officer takes out the bad guy...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Resource Officer takes out the bad guy...

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Well, you missed the point
If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.
"Technical" aka you're FOS.
I don't care to associate myself with guns, or care to learn of their details.
Then STFU
That right there is the attitude of gun enthusiasts that is making resonable discussions on the national level difficult. Smugness, and disdain for anyone not fully conversant in the minutae of various guns and terminology.
It's not minutia, it's critical information to know what you're talking about. What prevents a national debate is you ignorant people thinking you should have an opinion without knowing what you're talking about.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.
Then STFU
That right there is the attitude of gun enthusiasts that is making resonable discussions on the national level difficult. Smugness, and disdain for anyone not fully conversant in the minutae of various guns and terminology.
Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silly post
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Well, you missed the point
If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.
Then STFU
So we should make decisions for what best drug to use to fight lung cancer from the local postal employee that has never been to med school, correct? information is key in any decision don't you think?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Then STFU
So we should make decisions for what best drug to use to fight lung cancer from the local postal employee that has never been to med school, correct? information is key in any decision don't you think?
So you either you have very few opinions on major issues or you're a walking encyclopedia. Curious, which is it?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:"Technical" aka you're FOS.
Then STFU
So you either you have very few opinions on major issues or you're a walking encyclopedia. Curious, which is it?
Being able to understand that an "assault rifle" is a rifle should be low enough of a bar.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Then STFU
It's not minutia, it's critical information to know what you're talking about. What prevents a national debate is you ignorant people thinking you should have an opinion without knowing what you're talking about.
"You ignorant people"? You know nothing about my gun knowledge, ownership, etc. so how can you have this opinion about me? (That's how it works, right?) You, OTOH, can be a condescending prick at times. And I'm entitled to that opinion because your posting history on this board has repeatedly shown you to be both condescending and a prick.
Last edited by 133743Hokie on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:"Technical" aka you're FOS.
Then STFU
"You ignorant people"? You know nothing about my gun knowledge, ownership, etc. so how can you have this opinion about me?
Reading your posts ...
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Then STFU
"You ignorant people"? You know nothing about my gun knowledge, ownership, etc. so how can you have this opinion about me?
Reading your posts ...
Nope
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Then STFU
Reading your posts ...
Nope
Nothing you've posted shows an understanding of fire arms. That's an uncomfortable fact.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

If you were trying to make some technical gun point that will be lost on the majority of the non-gun enthusiast population, I'm happy to concede.[/quote]"Technical" aka you're FOS.[/quote]

I don't care to associate myself with guns, or care to learn of their details.[/quote]Then STFU[/quote]
That right there is the attitude of gun enthusiasts that is making resonable discussions on the national level difficult. Smugness, and disdain for anyone not fully conversant in the minutae of various guns and terminology.[/quote]

So we should make decisions for what best drug to use to fight lung cancer from the local postal employee that has never been to med school, correct? information is key in any decision don't you think?[/quote]
So you either you have very few opinions on major issues or you're a walking encyclopedia. Curious, which is it?[/quote]

changing our constitution I would rather have knowledgeable people discuss that. What is the best method to save someones life medically, again, I would defer as I do not have the knowledge. So yes some subjects it is difficult to know what to do, thus the knowledge question and yes it is something all humans must decide daily.

In this particular instance we were just pointing out that a person with zero knowledge about firearms wants to change our constitution, sorry if I think that person's opinion is worth squat
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:[quote="133743Hokie]
Reading your posts ...
Nope
Nothing you've posted shows an understanding of fire arms. That's an uncomfortable fact.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
I've posted nothing at all about firearms so you really don't know what you're talking about.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:And twitter blows up with "see it wasn't an AR15, so only the shooter got killed".. lol
Well . . .

Cho says "hi"
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don’t know the details of the latest shooting, but are you guys unwilling to acknowledge that it is easier to disarm a rifle than an AR-15?

Does anyone know what this is supposed to mean?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I don’t know the details of the latest shooting, but are you guys unwilling to acknowledge that it is easier to disarm a rifle than an AR-15?

Waht :?: An AR-15 is a rifle.
OK. a single shot rifle

You're not even trying. Go have a cup of coffee and come back. The AR-15 is a single shot rifle...as are all semi-automatic weapons. One bullet per pull of the trigger.
OK. I don't try to keep up with that redneck excrement.
Exactly so step aside and let people that actually know about guns handle this topic and future gun laws. You and Mathhew Hogg go hang out at the playground while adults handle this. Thanks
Just keep the Tide pods away from them on their date.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
OK. a single shot rifle

You're not even trying. Go have a cup of coffee and come back. The AR-15 is a single shot rifle...as are all semi-automatic weapons. One bullet per pull of the trigger.
Exactly so step aside and let people that actually know about guns handle this topic and future gun laws. You and Mathhew Hogg go hang out at the playground while adults handle this. Thanks
I'll characterize your homophobic statement as something other than a personal insult, merely because it's so bad.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:You're not even trying. Go have a cup of coffee and come back. The AR-15 is a single shot rifle...as are all semi-automatic weapons. One bullet per pull of the trigger.
I'll characterize your homophobic statement as something other than a personal insult, merely because it's so bad.
Mea culpa - that was going to be a tide pod cleanse joke and then the light turned green so I shortened it. Sorry.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote: OK. I don't try to keep up with that redneck excrement.
Mea culpa - that was going to be a tide pod cleanse joke and then the light turned green so I shortened it. Sorry.
There are laws against that.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Here's the resource officer according to FB. Looks like he's been waiting for this day his entire life.Image
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Mea culpa - that was going to be a tide pod cleanse joke and then the light turned green so I shortened it. Sorry.

Only in nanny states.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/lawmakers ... ing-tasty/
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Mea culpa - that was going to be a tide pod cleanse joke and then the light turned green so I shortened it. Sorry.

Only in nanny states.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/safety/dist ... riving.htm

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Only in nanny states.

1. Image

2. Average person commits something like 8 felonies a day.

3. I'm good at multitasking.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Only in nanny states.

1. Image

But you follow all the gun laws. You just ignore others.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Only in nanny states.

1. Image

But you follow all the gun laws. You just ignore others.

Holy logical fallacy, batman.
Jack Galt
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don’t know the details of the latest shooting, but are you guys unwilling to acknowledge that it is easier to disarm a rifle than an AR-15?

The moment when this thread...

"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Jack Galt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The moment when this thread...

Here IP, I'll help you out :