Smollett charges dropped

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Smollett charges dropped

Post by 133743Hokie »

His attorney released a statement claiming he was a victim, that he was attacked by two individuals he was unable to identify, and that this shows people should not be tried in the court of public opinion. Wow! What balls!

I expect he could identify the two attackers based on the names on the checks he gave them to perpetrate this hoax. Just shows the famous can get away with anything.
TonyHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Smollett charges dropped

Post by TonyHokie »

Totally unbelievable!!!
Joe Biden is a smart man's idea of a stupid man, a rich man's idea of a con artist, a strong man's idea of a weak man and a woman's idea of a pervert.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:His attorney released a statement claiming he was a victim, that he was attacked by two individuals he was unable to identify, and that this shows people should not be tried in the court of public opinion. Wow! What balls!

I expect he could identify the two attackers based on the names on the checks he gave them to perpetrate this hoax. Just shows the famous can get away with anything.
its Chicago, he is a black gay dude, of course he gets his charges dropped. The chicago police are pissed and the fed charges are still possible... but again its chicago
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Is he going to look for the Real Attackers (tm) on the golf courses of Florida ala OJ?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Black privilege
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Two sets of rules
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

He agreed to forfeit his $10k bond....wow

So he gets to walk, the city gets $10k "fine" and it all goes away. Only in Chicago.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Sounds like no collusion, no obstruction, and a total and complete exoneration.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HooFighter wrote:Sounds like no collusion, no obstruction, and a total and complete exoneration.
Tell it to Eddie Johnson and the Chicago PD. And I never want to hear about "white privilege" again.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:Sounds like no collusion, no obstruction, and a total and complete exoneration.
JFC
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

cwtcr hokie wrote:its Chicago Washington, he is a black gay white rich dude, of course he gets his charges dropped. The chicago police democrats are pissed and the fed charges SDNY are still possible... but again its chicago Washington

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

So nice that little hoofie has found a false equivalency to make him feel better and get him out of his depression after over 2 years of his belief system has been crushed.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of fake news tweets about how someone heard that they have proof Trump is a space alien colluding with Zenon from CNBC for you to post soon. Their moms will be kicking them out of their beds in her basement so she can wash their sheets soon.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

If Smollett is innocent, and he's really a "victim" of a crime, then I expect he'll push for the real perps to be brought to justice. If he just shuts up and goes away, then we'll know this was just another dirty deal in a Democrat strong hold known for its corruption.

==========================================
Former Michelle Obama Aide Reached Out to State’s Attorney Kim Foxx Before Charges Were Dropped Against Liar Jussie Smollett

The Chicago Police Union want a federal investigation into Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s handling of Smollett’s case after text messages revealed she was communicating with Jussie Smollett’s relatives and supporters about their concerns over his case.

A Smollett family friend named Tina Tchen sent Kim Foxx an email saying, “Hi Kim – I sent an email to your work address I think as well. I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation. I am on an 8 am flight to nyc but please call me before then. I land about 1015 Chicago time. My cell is [redacted]. Many thanks!”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:its Chicago Washington, he is a black gay white rich dude, of course he gets his charges dropped. The chicago police democrats are pissed and the fed charges SDNY are still possible... but again its chicago Washington
Oh my.
Unpack that one! :lol:
Denial stage
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Little problem with your comparison, in a couple of weeks the chicago PD had a mountain of evidence that the "attack" was fake and paid for by Smollett. ON the other hand after two years and many many many many many millions your top notch investigator found nothing on Trump.....womp womp

another fail by Hoof... next
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Little problem with your comparison, in a couple of weeks the chicago PD had a mountain of evidence that the "attack" was fake and paid for by Smollett. ON the other hand after two years and many many many many many millions your top notch investigator found nothing on Trump.....womp womp

another fail by Hoof... next
He's right only in that both cases involve an abuse of power by the Obamas. Michelle threatened to tea-bag the Chicago DA to drop charges, like Barack did in the Clinton email probe and illegal spying on the Trump campaign.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Kim Foxx paid off by Soros?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... XUaY-geckQ

Left-wing billionaire mega-donor George Soros donated $408,000 in 2016 to a super PAC that supported Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, whose office prosecuted — and dropped — the Jussie Smollett case.
In a shock announcement Tuesday, prosecutors dropped all 16 felony charges against the left-wing Hollywood actor, whom police had accused of faking a hate crime in January that he blamed on racist, homophobic white Trump supporters.

Foxx had formally recused herself from the case in February because she had spoken with Smollett’s family. The Chicago Tribune later reported that Foxx had asked police to turn the case over to the FBI after an intervention by Tina Tchen, a former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Yeh, the check Smollett wrote to the brothers was for personal training. Who knew the personal training was going to be using his face for a speed bag.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:

Smollett is a lying scumbag and deserves to be prosecuted. Prove me wrong.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Shocking. A black is looking out for a black

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/fop-f ... uel-react/
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Smollett is a lying scumbag and deserves to be prosecuted. Prove me wrong.
100% correct.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

https://davidharrisjr.com/politics/jess ... ail-fraud/

Although crooked Chicago prosecutors let Smollett off the hook, he is still facing up to 20 years from federal prosecutors for mail fraud and for sending terrorist threats. Smollett is alleged to have sent himself a threatening letter with some harmless white powder in the envelope. The FBI and the postal service have a combined investigation into the matter. Smollett’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, needs to find the same luck or he may face charges of corruption himself as he is the co-conspirator of Michael Avenatti. A 20 million dollar extortion attempt means the loss of his license to practice law and a long prison stretch.

=================================================================================
https://chicagoist.com/2016/03/10/kim_f ... PeM7pWCJ0k

In the highly contentious Cook County State's Attorney race, each candidate has their funding bases. Incumbent Anita Alvarez has Chicago's "old-boy power support" behind her, according to the Better Government Association—City Council's most powerful alderman, Ed Burke; Illinois's last true political boss, Michael Madigan; various associates of former Mayor Richard M. Daley. (She's also accepted over $25,000 from at least 60 of her employees.) Donna More is largely self-funding her campaign, as well as tapping into the Republican donor network. And Kim Foxx is working her political patron Toni Preckwinkle's connections; many of the largest donations to her campaign fund are from unions.
But Kim Foxx has also found two other sources of cash, in the form of twin $300,000 donations to a Super PAC supporting her called Illinois Safety & Justice. The sole donors to the PAC are neoliberal superdonor and conservative-boogeyman George Soros and a "dark-money" group called Civic Participation Action Fund. A Super PAC is a fundraising group, created by the 2010 Supreme Court Citizens United decision, that can raise as much money as they want for any candidate or cause—as long as they don't coordinate on any level with political campaigns, which have much smaller campaign limits.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I heard a suggestion on the radio that the police union could sue him still to bring some justice here...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:I heard a suggestion on the radio that the police union could sue him still to bring some justice here...
I think the feds will get him and so he's in a worse position.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

For the record, Hoof still believes Smollet is innocent, but not even Rahm Emmanuel or the Cook County state attorney believe that!