The Kackling Hyena was put in charge of the border surge(RaYcIS!)....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: The Kackling Hyena was put in charge of the border surge(RaYcIS!)....

Post by RiverguyVT »

O M A A
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:09 amO M A A
Oh. You knew it was coming……DrumpF! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:51 am
HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:15 am
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:27 pm
HokieHam wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:55 pm Shut up.

This bill is a pile of guano.
What specific portions of the bill do you disagree with?
Allowing 4,000 in a day for starters. This ties the hands of any President who desires to control the border is any way. If it goes above 4,000 a day whoever is Preezy, has the option to put a halt to it. If it goes over 5,000 for 7 days or more, they’re required to stop it. Better than XiDing, but that’s 1.8million illegals a year. That border is run by the cartels……..any good bill would hit them too. I’ve heard they’re making $32M or thereabouts every week.

Also, tying foreign aid to it is just typical BS. Screw em.

Enforce the freakin laws already on the books. This isn’t anyone’s fault but the Potato in charge.
The bill doesn't state that 4,000 (or 5,000) illegals can be allowed in per day. That's Trump or Mike Johnson not actually reading the bill or just lying about it. It's just Dear Leader spewing propaganda to his witless and curiousity-free followers.

The limits are based on encounters, not entry or crossings. The bill ends the "catch and release" program so anyone who comes to the border is sent back unless they make an asylum claim.
If they make an asylum claim, they are detained at the border or held in another government center.
They get an asylum interview and if they fail it, they are sent back. If they pass the asylum interview, they have 90 days for their asylum case to be decided, or they're sent back.

I don't like tying it to foreign aid but if it makes a big dent in illegal immigration, it would be a win.

And it's certainly better than the response from Mike Johnson who suggested Biden should his executive powers to fix it.
That's the worst idea possible and the least conservative idea possible. That's exactly what you'd expect from Team Trump. Keep whacking away at the Constitutional Separation of Powers.
I didn’t get it from DrumpF!……reeeeeeee. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard an initial interview from a congressman.

You’re second paragraph just shows how f’ng dumb this bill is. If you believe this is passed and the flow slows down, you’re a Tru believer. If you believe they’re going to interview the amount of people coming across in a day, you’re a Tru believer. If you think this is the answer, you’re a fool.

The laws are on the books and this could be stopped now. Johnson is correct. The current pResident isn’t doing his constitutional duties and HE and HE alone is the reason this is happening. Period.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The Senate Border Deal Should Be Rejected on the Merits
The Proposed Removal Formula
The most significant aspect of the deal (which can be read here) is the one the senators tout as, in effect, not merely forcing an immediate shutdown of the border but ending the main driver of illegal immigration — ending, as Melugin aptly puts it, “the whole idea of ‘I made it to U.S. soil, you have to process me.’”

Immediately, we detect the flaw in the senators’ calculations that I have repeatedly emphasized (see, e.g., here, here, and here): Both legally and practically speaking, the border can be shut down, right this instant. There is no legal requirement that any alien who sets foot on American soil be permitted to apply for asylum (which is a discretionary act of national clemency, not a right of the alien). There is similarly no mandate that such aliens be routed into a “process” that enables them to remain — even though their first contact with our nation is to flout its laws, and even though empowering illegal aliens this way is patently harmful to aliens who are attempting to enter by complying with our laws.

To state it clearly, it is not true under existing federal law that an illegal alien who makes it onto U.S. soil has a right to be processed or seek asylum. As things stand, that is a wayward proposition, and there is no need for a new law to reform it. To the extent that the senators claim otherwise, they are either misinformed or misleading us.

Now, why do the senators claim that their proposal would “require” the border to be shut immediately? Because of its algorithm as applied to current conditions — although I surround require in sneer quotes because the senators presume that President Biden will enforce the proposed border-closing formula even though he is not enforcing existing law and even though his political base believes the United States should not have borders (giving Biden the incentive to game any system in favor of maximizing illegal immigration).

If the senators’ formula were enforced, the border would have to be closed because it calls for closure when there is a seven-day “average” of 5,000 illegal-alien “encounters” per day. (Encounter is the euphemism the Department of Homeland Security uses for apprehensions of illegal aliens at ports of entry and elsewhere — it doesn’t say apprehension or arrest because that would imply detention, which is not happening in most cases.) The border would also have to be closed under the formula if there were 8,500 “encounters” in a single day. Ergo, as Melugin observes, because the Biden nonenforcement policies routinely result in over 5,000 illegal entries per day, with many days featuring over 8,500 (indeed, in December, 371,000 illegals entered in just 31 days), we are already at the threshold at which the senators’ formula would direct that the administration close the border. Thereafter, the border would not be reopened until the number of illegal aliens attempting to enter decreased significantly.

That’s the bait: Just enact this proposal, and the problem is solved, instantly.
Statutorily Restricting the President’s Authority to Close the Border
Put aside for a moment the fact — and it is a fact — that Biden could lawfully close the border now, without any such formula. The proposal sets forth several caveats the implication of which is that the senators are content with the entry of something close to 5,000 illegal aliens per day. (And note that 5,000 per day would be 1.825 million per year — i.e., more than the population of Phoenix, more than the population of all but four American cities, more than twelve American states and the District of Columbia — on top of the more than 6 million illegal aliens who have entered our country, straining city and state budgets to the breaking point, since Biden took office.)

The senators propose that the border could be closed at the discretion of the administration (via the Homeland Security secretary) if encounters are 4,000 per day. That is, if the illegal entries are “merely” happening at a rate of close to 1.5 million per year, the secretary need take no action. Moreover, if the border is closed under the mandatory 5,000-per-day formula, but then the average number of illegal aliens seeking entry dips to “only” 3,725 per day (a rate of about 1.4 million per year), then the border-closure authority is withdrawn.

Think about that. Right now — as I explained last week, citing Section 1182(f) of U.S. immigration law and recent Supreme Court precedent — Biden has the statutory authority to close the border. If the Senate proposal were signed into law, however, it could be argued (and progressive judges appointed by Biden would surely rule) that this new law superseded the old and that the president now lacks authority to shut the border unless illegal entries are averaging over 5,000 per day.

Why would we agree to that?

Moreover, the Senate proposal would restrict the president’s ability to close the border even if the magic 5,000-per-day average is surpassed. In the first year of the proposal, the shutdown authority would be available for only 270 days (i.e., nine months, not twelve). In the second year this drops to 225 days (about seven months), and in the third year 180 days (six months).
https://www.nationalreview.com/2024/02 ... he-merits/

In other words……it’s 💩

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 pm

Allowing 4,000 in a day for starters. This ties the hands of any President who desires to control the border is any way. If it goes above 4,000 a day whoever is Preezy, has the option to put a halt to it. If it goes over 5,000 for 7 days or more, they’re required to stop it. Better than XiDing, but that’s 1.8million illegals a year. That border is run by the cartels……..any good bill would hit them too. I’ve heard they’re making $32M or thereabouts every week.

Enforce the freakin laws already on the books. This isn’t anyone’s fault but the Potato in charge.
The bill doesn't state that 4,000 (or 5,000) illegals can be allowed in per day. That's Trump or Mike Johnson not actually reading the bill or just lying about it. It's just Dear Leader spewing propaganda to his witless and curiousity-free followers.

The limits are based on encounters, not entry or crossings. The bill ends the "catch and release" program so anyone who comes to the border is sent back unless they make an asylum claim.
If they make an asylum claim, they are detained at the border or held in another government center.
They get an asylum interview and if they fail it, they are sent back. If they pass the asylum interview, they have 90 days for their asylum case to be decided, or they're sent back.

I don't like tying it to foreign aid but if it makes a big dent in illegal immigration, it would be a win.

And it's certainly better than the response from Mike Johnson who suggested Biden should his executive powers to fix it.
That's the worst idea possible and the least conservative idea possible. That's exactly what you'd expect from Team Trump. Keep whacking away at the Constitutional Separation of Powers.

You’re second paragraph just shows how f’ng dumb this bill is. If you believe this is passed and the flow slows down, you’re a Tru believer. If you believe they’re going to interview the amount of people coming across in a day, you’re a Tru believer. If you think this is the answer, you’re a fool.

The laws are on the books and this could be stopped now. Johnson is correct. The current pResident isn’t doing his constitutional duties and HE and HE alone is the reason this is happening. Period.
"I heard" it "from a congressman". :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said, curiosity free. Believing something from a Congressman, without taking 30 seconds to confirm it, is lazy or stupid.

Wrt interviewing people, part of the bill is significantly increasing the number of border patrol agents, both for border patrol and for conduction interviews. They are increasing the border patrol staffing by more than 4,000 people. And the asylum interviews don't have to be done in a single day. People who haven't been interviewed are held in detention centers.
It's not impossible by any means.

I find the fallback answer of "we're not passing a bill because Biden should be doing his job", to be moronic.

For one, it's disingenuous because the same House members saying that they are opposing the bill because Biden should be doing it, are the ones that already wrote a border bill, HR 2, earlier this year. They were for a border bill, until they weren't. I didn't think I'd see the day that the GOP would outright dismiss a bill that would codify Title 42. That was one of the better moves of the Trump admin.
The reason it's such a stupid stance to blindly oppose any bill is because border security and illegal immigration is going to be put in the hands of the winner in November. That's a pretty big, and stupid, risk. And it also continues the march to Congressional irrelevance by putting the border security in the hands of the POTUS, and not actual written laws. At some point, it would be great if the GOP would stop, or at least slow down, the executive power creep, instead of embracing it. It's just another example of "conservatives" not being conservative.
There is a lot of discretion in border security and immigration law. Enacting restrictions is a good idea. Unless you prefer politics over practicality.

I do appreciate you posting something meaningful and substantive, though. It's something lacking these days.
Last edited by HokieFanDC on Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 pm
Maybe next time you shouldn't parrot Trump and his nonsense. You sound like a duck, you'll get called a duck.
;) ;)
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:23 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 pm

"I heard" it "from a congressman". :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like I said, curiosity free. Believing something from a Congressman, without taking 30 seconds to confirm it, is lazy or stupid.

Wrt interviewing people, part of the bill is significantly increasing the number of border patrol agents, both for border patrol and for conduction interviews. They are increasing the border patrol staffing by more than 4,000 people. And the asylum interviews don't have to be done in a single day. People who haven't been interviewed are held in detention centers.
It's not impossible by any means.

I find the fallback answer of "we're not passing a bill because Biden should be doing his job", to be moronic.

For one, it's disingenuous because the same House members saying that they are opposing the bill because Biden should be doing it, are the ones that already wrote a border bill, HR 2, earlier this year. They were for a border bill, until they weren't. I didn't think I'd see the day that the GOP would outright dismiss a bill that would codify Title 42. That was one of the better moves of the Trump admin.
The reason it's such a stupid stance to blindly oppose any bill is because border security and illegal immigration is going to be put in the hands of the winner in November. That's a pretty big, and stupid, risk. And it also continues the march to Congressional irrelevance by putting the border security in the hands of the POTUS, and not actual written laws. At some point, it would be great if the GOP would stop, or at least slow down, the executive power creep, instead of embracing it. It's just another example of "conservatives" not being conservative.
There is a lot of discretion in border security and immigration law. Enacting restrictions is a good idea. Unless you prefer politics over practicality.

I do appreciate you posting something meaningful and substantive, though. It's something lacking these days.
I think trusting this bill will do anything and XiDing will do his job is moronic. There’s flaws in it and McCarthy does a good job of spelling them out. We have laws. Enforce them. We don’t need this bill with all the extra spending gifts in it.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:25 pm
HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 pm
Maybe next time you shouldn't parrot Trump and his nonsense. You sound like a duck, you'll get called a duck.
;) ;)
And I wasn’t. The bill still calls for an amount of “encounters” at the border. Like I said, if you think they’re going to interview that number of people and keep up with the current flow of illegals, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Correct.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 am
Which of these outcomes do you think is most likely:

1) Charged, found guilty, and gets a death sentence.
2) Charged, found guilty, gets a life sentence.
3) All of the above, plus charges brought against government officials (as many as possible) who have purposefully and willingly allowed this to happen by their inaction.
4) He is deported for the 6th time.....
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:27 am
HokieHam wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 am
Which of these outcomes do you think is most likely:

1) Charged, found guilty, and gets a death sentence.
2) Charged, found guilty, gets a life sentence.
3) All of the above, plus charges brought against government officials (as many as possible) who have purposefully and willingly allowed this to happen by their inaction.
4) He is deported for the 6th time.....
If Texas has jurisdiction……1

If the current 🤡🎪 does……4

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

🤡🎪…..but….the adults are back in charge……. :lol:

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

P.O.S. All of them……..

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:25 pm 🤡🎪…..but….the adults are back in charge……. :lol:
Here's some good video on the illegal immigrants ocean crossings. Some of it looks like fun. I'm gonna go down and see if I can get a new boat. In the market for a low rider!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:14 am
HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:25 pm 🤡🎪…..but….the adults are back in charge……. :lol:
Here's some good video on the illegal immigrants ocean crossings. Some of it looks like fun. I'm gonna go down and see if I can get a new boat. In the market for a low rider!
Unreal………

Here’s what they don’t report…….

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Inside Mayor Adams’ migrant debit card boondoggle — no-bid bank gets $50 million, border crossers up to $10,000 each
https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/opinion/ ... ium=social

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:13 pm
Inside Mayor Adams’ migrant debit card boondoggle — no-bid bank gets $50 million, border crossers up to $10,000 each
https://nypost.com/2024/02/19/opinion/ ... ium=social
Someone's got some 'splaining to do....
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

:lol:

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

What they fail to mention……..take a guess. Father of three dead……..

https://www.weau.com/2024/01/30/1-pers ... sk-county/

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

The people who allowed this should all be in prison for the rest of their lives…….
Attachments
IMG_4463.jpeg
IMG_4463.jpeg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 625 times

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:26 pm The people who allowed this should all be in prison for the rest of their lives…….
The people who voted against the recent immigration bill are allowing this to happen every day.

There have been 7.2M+ border encounters (not entry into the US) under the Biden admin. We know that around 2.5M were denied entrance and sent back under Title 42. We don't how many of those encounters were the same person coming back and trying to enter again. Either way, it's still a big number.
In order to handle the remaining volume of people trying to gain entry will require a significant increase in the number of border agents and a re-working of the process to adjudicate their claims. Those are items that were in the Senate bill, that the house rejected. There is a solution, Congress simply needs to agree on it and make it law.

Yeh, yeh, lots of you guys want the POTUS to use their EO powers to "fix" it (EOs aren't a fix, it's BS Executive office overreach that no conservative person should ever call for). That's stupid. Make Congress do their job. They won't because it's a political calculation that works for them now. They care more about scoring political points than fixing the problem.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:42 pm
HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:26 pm The people who allowed this should all be in prison for the rest of their lives…….
The people who voted against the recent immigration bill are allowing this to happen every day.

There have been 7.2M+ border encounters (not entry into the US) under the Biden admin. We know that around 2.5M were denied entrance and sent back under Title 42. We don't how many of those encounters were the same person coming back and trying to enter again. Either way, it's still a big number.
In order to handle the remaining volume of people trying to gain entry will require a significant increase in the number of border agents and a re-working of the process to adjudicate their claims. Those are items that were in the Senate bill, that the house rejected. There is a solution, Congress simply needs to agree on it and make it law.

Yeh, yeh, lots of you guys want the POTUS to use their EO powers to "fix" it (EOs aren't a fix, it's BS Executive office overreach that no conservative person should ever call for). That's stupid. Make Congress do their job. They won't because it's a political calculation that works for them now. They care more about scoring political points than fixing the problem.
So, you’re going with it’s the Pubs fault? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are existing laws on the books and the pResident has all the power to put a stop to this. Talk about being easily manipulated…….

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:54 pm
HokieFanDC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:42 pm

So, you’re going with it’s the Pubs fault? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are existing laws on the books and the pResident has all the power to put a stop to this. Talk about being easily manipulated…….
No, the situation isn't the Pubs fault. But, they do have the power to make changes that would significantly help.

And as for the powers, Biden doesn't have all the power to stop it. The House GOP made the argument that Biden could shut down the southern border. That's simply not true. When Trump was POTUS, he tried several times to shut down the southern border to asylum seekers. The courts ruled against him with the exception of the application of it to Muslim-majority asylum seekers.

One of the gating factors in processing all the people crossing the borders is the staffing needed to process the claims. This is coming from the border patrol. They need significantly more bodies to adjudicate the claims. Biden doesn't have the authority to change their budget and hire more people.

If you have some other avenue Biden can take to stop people from trying to get asylum, please tell me what it is.