VA governor race

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: VA governor race

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

For real?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:41 am For real?
How appropriate...using a song about pedophilia to promote a Dim.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Not lost on me is that they chose the melody from a song about teacher pedo'ing on a student
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:21 pm
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:41 am For real?
How appropriate...using a song about pedophilia to promote a Dim.
LOL

just saw yours...
Salute the Marines
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:56 pmLOL

just saw yours...
Brilliant minds... :D :lol:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Kinda weird how the media is claiming Youngkin is winning without Trump when Trump endorsed him and promoted him in several events while the democrats are simultaneously claiming Youngkin is Trump II. We'd be lucky to have Trump II.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Check out the other thread on this, some people think the big issue is him dissing black universities, not him saying he'll fire whites to hire blacks.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:29 pm
Check out the other thread on this, some people think the big issue is him dissing black universities, not him saying he'll fire whites to hire blacks.
He never said or implied anything of the kind. Nor did I ever say anything about his plan other than that was shocking that he doesn't consider an HBCU to be a real university and that if a Republican committed such a faux pax, they would be hounded out of office.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:46 pm
awesome guy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:29 pm
He never said or implied anything of the kind. Nor did I ever say anything about his plan other than that was shocking that he doesn't consider an HBCU to be a real university and that if a Republican committed such a faux pax, they would be hounded out of office.
Are you insane? How do you drop from 80% to 50% white teachers without firing and replacing? That's exactly what he said he wanted to do. You said his racism was on dissing black universities, and as you confirm, nothing on the actual racist policy he's pitching at the last minute. The covert racism drew a response and nothing on the overt racism, exactly like I said.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Why are his aids soyboy/pajama boy types that talk with a lisp?

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I read that approx 17% of registered voters, voted early by mail.

I'd be real interested, no matter how this election shapes up, to see how mail-in votes compare betw Youngkin & McAuliffe.
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:10 pm I read that approx 17% of registered voters, voted early by mail.

I'd be real interested, no matter how this election shapes up, to see how mail-in votes compare betw Youngkin & McAuliffe.
You talking legal or illegal mail-in votes?

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:10 pm I read that approx 17% of registered voters, voted early by mail.

FYI, here is the data from VPAP on early voting: https://www.vpap.org/elections/early-voting/

As of yesterday, 1,161,768 people had voted early. 303,051 of those were by mail. Another 89,157 had received mail-in ballots, but not yet returned them.

In Virginia, there are 5,951,353 registered voters.

So 19.5% of registered voters have voted early as of yesterday.

In 2020, 75.08% of registered voters turned out. In 2017, 47.6% of registered voters turned out.

I have no idea where this election will be ... I assume it's going to be lower than 2020, but higher than 2017.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:27 pm

FYI, here is the data from VPAP on early voting: https://www.vpap.org/elections/early-voting/

As of yesterday, 1,161,768 people had voted early. 303,051 of those were by mail. Another 89,157 had received mail-in ballots, but not yet returned them.

In Virginia, there are 5,951,353 registered voters.

So 19.5% of registered voters have voted early as of yesterday.

In 2020, 75.08% of registered voters turned out. In 2017, 47.6% of registered voters turned out.

I have no idea where this election will be ... I assume it's going to be lower than 2020, but higher than 2017.
Here is TargetSmart's estimate:

https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/g2021?state=VA

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieHam wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:45 pm
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm
It’s what the GOP does best. Nothing.
Here we go. No one is allowed to challenge clear violations of the law. Its always "standing" with these corrupt judges. How can citizens not have standing when clearly we are all being victimized by election theft.
Judge Michael Devine on Friday found that the Virginia Institute for Public Policy, as a nonprofit organization, lacked the standing to sue.

A statement from the Public Interest Legal Foundation , which represented the Virginia Institute for Public Policy, said the lawsuit was an “important deterrent for the other Virginia counties to abide by the law.”

“The judge dismissed the case on a technical ground that the Virginia Institute of Public Policy lacked standing to bring the case,” J. Christian Adams, president of the Public Interest Legal Foundation , said in a statement. “The merits of the case were not reached. It is unfortunate that an important election will take place with the registrar of the largest county in Virginia breaking the law. It isn’t fair to change the rules in the middle of the game. Fairfax is the only county breaking the law.”
Judge dismisses lawsuit claiming Virginia county improperly accepted absentee ballot applications

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:38 pmHere is TargetSmart's estimate:

If that page is right, McAuliffe is going to win in a blowout.

They are claiming that early voting in 2020 basically mirrored the actual results - Democrat early voters outnumbered Republican early voters 47.4-38.7.

Then they are saying in 2021, Democrat early voters outnumber Republican early voters 53-30.9???????

If that is right, it's over.

But I don't think they are right.

In the actual 2020 results - https://historical.elections.virginia.g ... ew/144567/ - Biden won the absentee vote 1,819,198 - 947,547

Biden won the provisional ballots 13,533 - 6,785

Trump won election day 1,008,098 - 580,837.

So in 2020, Biden doubled up Trump in absentee ballots/early voting. That doesn't really mesh with their numbers.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:57 pm

They are claiming that early voting in 2020 basically mirrored the actual results - Democrat early voters outnumbered Republican early voters 47.4-38.7.

Then they are saying in 2021, Democrat early voters outnumber Republican early voters 53-30.9???????

In the actual 2020 results - https://historical.elections.virginia.g ... ew/144567/ - Biden won the absentee vote 1,819,198 - 947,547

So in 2020, Biden doubled up Trump in absentee ballots/early voting. That doesn't really mesh with their numbers.
I would take TargetSmart with a grain of salt for sure, but I see a lot of election analysts use their numbers for predictions. We'll find out soon enough.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:59 pm
BigDave wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:57 pm

I would take TargetSmart with a grain of salt for sure, but I see a lot of election analysts use their numbers for predictions. We'll find out soon enough.
USB drives "found" at 2 AM will defeat any actual victory.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:19 pm

You talking legal or illegal mail-in votes?
yes
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ModerateHokie
Party: Taco Party

Post by ModerateHokie »

Would be more credible if they named a SINGLE polling location where this occurred.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ModerateHokie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:59 pm Would be more credible if they named a SINGLE polling location where this occurred.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Holy goodness - how in the world can anyone ever vote for McAuliffe? This is from his own book about how he left his wife (Dorothy) and newborn baby in a car - on their way home from her giving birth - so that he could go into a fundraiser.
Dorothy was starting to well up in the backseat. She was having trouble understanding how I could be taking my wife and newborn baby to a fund-raiser on our way home from the hospital. We got to the dinner and by then Dorothy was in tears, and I left her with Justin and went inside. Little Peter was sleeping peacefully and Dorothy just sat there and poor Justin didn't say a word. He was mortified. I was inside maybe fifteen minutes, said a few nice things about Marty, and hurried back out to the car. I felt bad for Dorothy, but it was a million bucks for the Democratic Party and by the time we got home and the kids had their new little brother in their arms, Dorothy was all smiles and we were one big happy family again. Nobody ever said life with me was easy.
That's just awful. Absolutely stunningly horrible.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/an ... washington
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:05 pm Holy goodness - how in the world can anyone ever vote for McAuliffe? This is from his own book about how he left his wife (Dorothy) and newborn baby in a car - on their way home from her giving birth - so that he could go into a fundraiser.
Dorothy was starting to well up in the backseat. She was having trouble understanding how I could be taking my wife and newborn baby to a fund-raiser on our way home from the hospital. We got to the dinner and by then Dorothy was in tears, and I left her with Justin and went inside. Little Peter was sleeping peacefully and Dorothy just sat there and poor Justin didn't say a word. He was mortified. I was inside maybe fifteen minutes, said a few nice things about Marty, and hurried back out to the car. I felt bad for Dorothy, but it was a million bucks for the Democratic Party and by the time we got home and the kids had their new little brother in their arms, Dorothy was all smiles and we were one big happy family again. Nobody ever said life with me was easy.
That's just awful. Absolutely stunningly horrible.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/an ... washington
Good grief,, you voted for worse in Biden so spare us the sanctimony.