Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Not sure if anyone on here still touts LieVermectin

Post by hokie80 »

And here you go Uppie.

You MTG “hero” worshipers sure are cute.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/iverm ... tudy-finds
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

There is also one pending study (Vanderbilt/Duke) that is currently assessing Ivermectin as a potential at home Rx treatment that is not completed as of now.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:53 pm There is also one pending study (Vanderbilt/Duke) that is currently assessing Ivermectin as a potential at home Rx treatment that is not completed as of now.
There’s a lot of studies going on.

But, that Twit from the FDA is so typical of you Covidians.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

hokie80 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:45 am
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 am Looks like the Queen still touts "LiEVeRMeCtIn"
Like I said before, questiinable source, posted by Uppie. 90% rate of BS.
You are beyond gullible.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... reat-covid
dunwithtrump

Re: Not sure if still anyone on here touts LieVermectin

Post by dunwithtrump »

HokieJoe wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:57 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:47 pm But here’s a good article on how it became vital and touted by the gullible among us.

Oddly, many of those touting it were anti-vaccine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809
You have no expertise to competently assess any of the data.

You only know what you've been told, so just admit as much and move on.
OK, then what about me? I am a research Ph.D. working in human Immunology who is current with the primary literature and performs actual research on Covid-related projects. In fact, here at Duke we have launched a national study that directly measures the value of Ivermectin as a prophylactic or treatment for COVID-19.

https://medicine.duke.edu/medicinenews/ ... e-covid-19

Will I do as an authority?

To date, Ivermectin hasn't been demonstrated sufficiently to be effective. There are some small studies performed by lesser researchers that demonstrated vanishingly small (OR=1.85) but statistically significant improvements in mortality and morbidity that need broader testing to establish scientific rigor (hence our Duke study).

There is one infamous paper published in the Journal of Therapeutics last year that showed a 90% reduction in death rates that drove the whole conservative ivermectin bandwagon. This paper was subsequently withdrawn by the authors after proof of plagiarism and data manipulations was demonstrated.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

I fully expect ivermectin to be as completely discredited as hydroxychloroquine has been as a Covid drug. But I will let the science win the day and if I'm wrong, I will openly admit it (unlike tRumpists).
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm
HokieJoe wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:57 pm
hokie80 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:47 pm But here’s a good article on how it became vital and touted by the gullible among us.

Oddly, many of those touting it were anti-vaccine.

You have no expertise to competently assess any of the data.

You only know what you've been told, so just admit as much and move on.
OK, then what about me? I am a research Ph.D. working in human Immunology who is current with the primary literature and performs actual research on Covid-related projects. In fact, here at Duke we have launched a national study that directly measures the value of Ivermectin as a prophylactic or treatment for COVID-19.

https://medicine.duke.edu/medicinenews/ ... e-covid-19

Will I do as an authority?

To date, Ivermectin hasn't been demonstrated sufficiently to be effective. There are some small studies performed by lesser researchers that demonstrated vanishingly small (OR=1.85) but statistically significant improvements in mortality and morbidity that need broader testing to establish scientific rigor (hence our Duke study).

There is one infamous paper published in the Journal of Therapeutics last year that showed a 90% reduction in death rates that drove the whole conservative ivermectin bandwagon. This paper was subsequently withdrawn by the authors after proof of plagiarism and data manipulations was demonstrated.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

I fully expect ivermectin to be as completely discredited as hydroxychloroquine has been as a Covid drug. But I will let the science win the day and if I'm wrong, I will openly admit it (unlike tRumpists).
Here’s a good article I posted earlier in the thread with little comment. It explains how the anti-vaccine and far right pushed ivermectin as the next great thing.

dunwithtrump

Post by dunwithtrump »

I saw that after I posted. Well done. It seems you're a step ahead of me here more than once.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm OK, then what about me? I am a research Ph.D. working in human Immunology who is current with the primary literature and performs actual research on Covid-related projects. (...etc ..etc...)
Waaaaait a minute!
You're a phd?!

I didn't know that! :o
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:16 am
dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pm OK, then what about me? I am a research Ph.D. working in human Immunology who is current with the primary literature and performs actual research on Covid-related projects. (...etc ..etc...)
Waaaaait a minute!
You're a phd?!

And he has property in the Black Sea! And…..he doesn’t go to Sam’s Clubs or Costco’s because “poor people” shop there……and, you know, that’s beneath him. Can’t be hanging around those people.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Remember that time he got arrested at a vt football game for drunk in public? Pepridge farm remembers.
hokie80

Post by hokie80 »

HokieHam wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:25 am
Waaaaait a minute!
You're a phd?!

And he has property in the Black Sea! And…..he doesn’t go to Sam’s Clubs or Costco’s because “poor people” shop there……and, you know, that’s beneath him. Can’t be hanging around those people.
He actually is a PhD. Many years ago he provided enough info that I was able to go to the university’s faculty site and find him. I also recall conversations years ago about a property at the Black Sea.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:51 am
Waaaaait a minute!
You're a phd?!

He actually is a PhD. Many years ago he provided enough info that I was able to go to the university’s faculty site and find him. I also recall conversations years ago about a property at the Black Sea.
I’m not doubting him….it’s just funny…..

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

hokie80 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:51 am
Waaaaait a minute!
You're a phd?!

And certifiably in need of electroconvulsive shock therapy.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

dunwithtrump wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:22 pmIn fact, here at Duke we have launched a national study that directly measures the value of Ivermectin as a prophylactic or treatment for COVID-19.
I did not know until I just googled it that "prophylactic" referred generally to disease prevention and wasn't just a reference to condoms or other methods of STD prevention.

And when you use my definition of "prophylactic", this statement is much funnier. ;)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

LOL…..this is good to look back on after all the lies the Covidioits believed. Bunch of sheep who would give up their FrEedUmb(yes, 80 really called it that) in an instant over fear ginned up by their beloved bureaucrats and government officials.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

As it turned out, Ivermectin was/is very effective treating some of the symptoms and alleviating damage Covid wreaked. Did it "kill" Covid? No. Was it helpful for people who had caught Covid? Abso-freakin'-lutely. YMMV

The thing about 80 is that if you don't see the world EXACTLY as he does, he'd completely come unglued. It is probably good for his heart health that he left here again. I swear he did not use to be so unreasonable and triggery and immature in the old TSL days. I always liked him back then. Something snapped somewhere along the line. We don't always know what others are going through, so I owe him consideration.

But yeah. Yet another thread that aged like fine vinegar.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:45 am
Welcome back. 8-)
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:03 pm Welcome back. 8-)
Thanks! What'd I miss? :)

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:49 pm
Well, 80's gone now of his own volition. He was way more disruptive to board peace than AG ever was,
Dunnwithdrumpf is confirmed Recip. Hilarious recent posts.
D.C. may have gotten sore arms from constantly swinging at the right; he's more rare these days.
Hillsville, usually good for a humane take, has been scarce because even he can't defend what his party is about anymore.
Uprising & HooFight are still good for an occasional drive by that usually backfires in their face.
Newbie MittRomney reads like a young leftist.
Salute the Marines
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

The new headline is a little bit deceiving.

The federal government is NOT adding COVID to the list of approved conditions for prescribing Ivermectin. Rather, they are conceding in a lawsuit that doctors have the right to prescribe off-label.

Suppose medicine XYZ is commonly-used for, say, treating an upset stomach. But one of the side effects is that it makes you drowsy. The medication is not approved for use as a sleeping pill, but a doctor is legally allowed to prescribe it "off-label" to someone having trouble sleeping.

That's what the government is admitting in a court case - what everyone already knows - that doctors have the right to prescribe medicines off-label.

https://mustreadalaska.com/feds-admit-i ... for-covid/
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:26 am The new headline is a little bit deceiving.

The federal government is NOT adding COVID to the list of approved conditions for prescribing Ivermectin. Rather, they are conceding in a lawsuit that doctors have the right to prescribe off-label.

Suppose medicine XYZ is commonly-used for, say, treating an upset stomach. But one of the side effects is that it makes you drowsy. The medication is not approved for use as a sleeping pill, but a doctor is legally allowed to prescribe it "off-label" to someone having trouble sleeping.

That's what the government is admitting in a court case - what everyone already knows - that doctors have the right to prescribe medicines off-label.

The headline isn’t misleading. It says exactly what your second sentence says. If you read the article, it is explained. That’s what I came away with. The FDA isn’t your doctor……as they want to be. The tweet from them claiming you’re not a horse, etc was typical during the Coof hysteria.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:26 am

But that was the whole point! They were NOT allowed to prescribe ivermectin as an off-label drug during covid. Here are just a few examples:
A doctor from Texas who spread COVID-19 misinformation on her personal Twitter account has had her privileges suspended.

Dr. Mary Bowden of the Houston Methodist Hospital posted a series of tweets praising the antiparasitic drug ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment. She also called vaccine mandates "wrong."
https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-d ... ed-2021-11
A physician who was prescribing ivermectin through the America's Frontline Doctors' telemedicine platform no longer holds an active medical license in any state.

Licenses for Kathleen Ann Cullen, MD, of Seminole, Florida, are now labeled "delinquent" in Florida and "inactive" in North Carolina, according to a search of state board websites.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ives/98407
On the list of things that doctors shouldn’t need to be told, one would expect that promoting bogus COVID-19 remedies would rank pretty high. The top of the list, in fact.

But no. The problem has become so acute that the Federation of State Medical Boards recently felt compelled to issue a stark warning to medical professionals:

“Physicians who generate and spread COVID-19 vaccine misinformation or disinformation are risking disciplinary action by state medical boards, including the suspension or revocation of their medical license.”

Some doctors have purveyed misinformation on Fox News and other right-wing broadcast outlets. Pierre Kory, a Wisconsin doctor assiduously promoting the anti-parasitic medicine Ivermectin as a COVID treatment despite the absence of valid scientific evidence for the claim, was even invited to testify to a Senate subcommittee.
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... on-license

This was an abuse of power by state medical licensing boards. Just like state BAR associations are abusing their power to strip lawyers of their licenses if they dare question the 2020 election.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This is exhibit #1 on why the government shouldn't be in a position to censor speech they think of as "misinformation"

There are doctors who lost their licenses to practice!
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:57 pm
UpstateSCHokie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:49 pm
Well, 80's gone now of his own volition. He was way more disruptive to board peace than AG ever was,
Dunnwithdrumpf is confirmed Recip. Hilarious recent posts.
D.C. may have gotten sore arms from constantly swinging at the right; he's more rare these days.
Hillsville, usually good for a humane take, has been scarce because even he can't defend what his party is about anymore.
Uprising & HooFight are still good for an occasional drive by that usually backfires in their face.
Newbie MittRomney reads like a young leftist.
Don’t forget ip. He’s resorted to doing redneck activities like kayak fishing while waiting for XiDing to be dialed in…..plus, he misses his buddy, AG.