Black people don’t know how to take Advil……

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Black people don’t know how to take Advil……

Post by HokieHam »

:roll:
Attachments
IMG_4559.jpeg
IMG_4559.jpeg (225.01 KiB) Viewed 166 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Black people don’t know how to take Advil……

Post by BigDave »

I'm assuming they're talking about people seeking a prescription opioid, not someone wanting OTC Advil.

Studies like this need to be stratified for economic status. The reality of the world we live in is that there are a lot more poor black people and thus a lot more black people on Medicaid.

If you are on Medicaid, then your health care is 100% free (to you). You have no co-pay. You have no deductible. If you don't show up at the doctor's office, you can't be charged a no-show fee (the doctor just has to eat it). So because everything is free, doctors naturally have to worry that you are just going to get your free oxy and then go sell it. So yeah, that translates into poor people who claim "pain" not always being believed.

I would bet that if they compare black Medicaid and white Medicaid patients, there would be much less of a gap.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Pain

Bias?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:46 pm I'm assuming they're talking about people seeking a prescription opioid, not someone wanting OTC Advil.

Studies like this need to be stratified for economic status. The reality of the world we live in is that there are a lot more poor black people and thus a lot more black people on Medicaid.

If you are on Medicaid, then your health care is 100% free (to you). You have no co-pay. You have no deductible. If you don't show up at the doctor's office, you can't be charged a no-show fee (the doctor just has to eat it). So because everything is free, doctors naturally have to worry that you are just going to get your free oxy and then go sell it. So yeah, that translates into poor people who claim "pain" not always being believed.

I would bet that if they compare black Medicaid and white Medicaid patients, there would be much less of a gap.
Yep, that makes sense. I'm guessing that the results of poor black patients would be similar to that of poor white patients in a place like east Tennessee. What do lots of poor white people in east TN do with their pain medication? Take lots of it, or sell it and buy meth.