Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Penn St. regains postseason eligibility

Post by nolanvt »

https://twitter.com/ncaa/status/509046250260664320

Obama might as well declare that all illegals will receive citizenship immediately on a news day like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Re: Penn St. regains postseason eligibility

Post by cwtcr hokie »

that's good, they never should have lost it, it was a criminal matter that not even the cops could prosecute for over a decade even with people coming forward.
nolanvt wrote:https://twitter.com/ncaa/status/509046250260664320

Obama might as well declare that all illegals will receive citizenship immediately on a news day like this.

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:that's good, they never should have lost it, it was a criminal matter that not even the cops could prosecute for over a decade even with people coming forward.

They don't want certain lawsuits to proceed nor certain people under oath. AG and then Gov Corbett, The Second Mile (Sandusky's charity that supplied him boys), and the Child protective agencies who still put Pennsylvania's children in harms way have never been investigated. The NCAA was the first one to blink because the legality of the acceptance of the consent decree by certain PSU Board of Trustee members is in question since the NCAA broke its own rules and the decree was never properly voted on. I can assure you, the whole story is only beginning to come out.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

what a world we're in.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:that's good, they never should have lost it, it was a criminal matter that not even the cops could prosecute for over a decade even with people coming forward.

They don't want certain lawsuits to proceed nor certain people under oath. AG and then Gov Corbett, The Second Mile (Sandusky's charity that supplied him boys), and the Child protective agencies who still put Pennsylvania's children in harms way have never been investigated. The NCAA was the first one to blink because the legality of the acceptance of the consent decree by certain PSU Board of Trustee members is in question since the NCAA broke its own rules and the decree was never properly voted on. I can assure you, the whole story is only beginning to come out.
The NCAA completely overstepped its bounds in this. Of course, their hands were tied to the abysmally poor handling of the entire situation by PSU and its Board.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

The NCAA completely overstepped its bounds in this. Of course, their hands were tied to the abysmally poor handling of the entire situation by PSU and its Board.
The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook.
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook.
Confused. Are you saying the NCAA wrote the rule book to retroactively CYA so that JoePa and crew are innocent or are you saying PSU leadership did the right thing, per the new standards?
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook.
Paterno may have done the right thing to avoid legal culpability but he was never absolved from his immoral lack of action.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

Valencia Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook.
Confused. Are you saying the NCAA wrote the rule book to retroactively CYA so that JoePa and crew are innocent or are you saying PSU leadership did the right thing, per the new standards?
Cast of characters is very confusing. I am defining 'Penn State' as the 'Old Guard' Board of Trustees and the interim President Erickson who signed the consent decree without any due process or vote by the entire board. There are now 9 alumni-elected Trustees who are helping to uncover the whole story. The old-guard Trustees are threatening to limit the number of alumni-elected Trustees to 3 to maintain their good old boy network. It's an ongoing war.

It was Erickson, not Paterno who gave Sandusky continued full access to the Lasch Athletic building as part of his severance package. JoePa was never convicted or even accused of anything and the Chief Prosecutor of Sandusky, Frank Fina, said there was no evidence that Paterno nor Curley, Schultz, or Spanier, covered anything up. Somehow that never makes it to the news.

It was the old guard Board of Trustees who prevented Paterno from speaking out before he died. Others knew what Sandusky was long before and covered their butts. The other 3 who were fired did exactly what the new NCAA handbook is requiring for all schools so where was the criminality? The story starts years before this happened. There is specific prohibited collusion between certain parties that we are gathering evidence to prove, but I can't speak to that right now.
Last edited by Techmomof2 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

Paterno may have done the right thing to avoid legal culpability but he was never absolved from his immoral lack of action.
That's a different issue from what I was discussing but I agree completely. That was the unforgivable part. There is no question in my mind that Paterno knew what Sandusky did and he didn't banish him from the program for fear of tarnishing his reputation. Irony, of course, being that he did a hell of a lot more damage than if he had handled it the right way.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Florida Hokie wrote:
That's a different issue from what I was discussing but I agree completely. That was the unforgivable part. There is no question in my mind that Paterno knew what Sandusky did and he didn't banish him from the program for fear of tarnishing his reputation. Irony, of course, being that he did a hell of a lot more damage than if he had handled it the right way.
Yup.
The whole situation... I can't think of anything like it (ever) in sports that I've ever heard of.
This one stands alone, in its own category.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:
Cast of characters is very confusing. I am defining 'Penn State' as the 'Old Guard' Board of Trustees and the interim President Erickson who signed the consent decree without any due process or vote by the entire board. There are now 9 alumni-elected Trustees who are helping to uncover the whole story. The old-guard Trustees are threatening to limit the number of alumni-elected Trustees to 3 to maintain their good old boy network. It's an ongoing war.

It was Erickson, not Paterno who gave Sandusky continued full access to the Lasch Athletic building as part of his severance package. JoePa was never convicted or even accused of anything and the Chief Prosecutor of Sandusky, Frank Fina, said there was no evidence that Paterno nor Curley, Schultz, or Spanier, covered anything up. Somehow that never makes it to the news.

It was the old guard Board of Trustees who prevented Paterno from speaking out before he died. Others knew what Sandusky was long before and covered their butts. The other 3 who were fired did exactly what the new NCAA handbook is requiring for all schools so where was the criminality? The story starts years before this happened. There is specific prohibited collusion between certain parties that we are gathering evidence to prove, but I can't speak to that right now.
Does Penn State have any idea how this makes them look? They look they've learned nothing at all from this, business as usual. I hope they collapse to nothing.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Does Penn State have any idea how this makes them look? They look they've learned nothing at all from this, business as usual. I hope they collapse to nothing.
I just wrote a small book and accidentaly closed the tab. Let me summarize:

The old guard Board of Trustees and associated government officials are corrupt. Their only motivation is preserving their power. The new Trustees, some PSU alumni Legislators, and several hundred thousand alumni are trying to discover and release the truth of what happened. It is a war where for the past 2 years, alumni have elected 9 people who are helping find the truth. Those voted out have been reappointed by the executive board as B&I trustees to keep their power structure. It's a war.

The event that Mike McQueary supposedly saw but only heard 'slapping sounds', was cryptically reported that night to Mike's father and Dr. Dranov, a neighbor, both whom are mandatory reporters but didn't hear anything resembling a crime. Then Mike changed his story a few times and Paterno reported what Mike told him as he should have. If Mike saw a rape, he was fully capable of stopping it and his father and friend should be in jail if they didn't report it. And by the way, Sandusky was acquitted of this charge. But a lot happened before this. Sandusky was released in 1999 and this happened a few years later. It was the interim President Erickson, not Paterno, who gave Sandusky full access to the Lasch Athletic building as part of his severance package.
http://www.framingpaterno.com/exclusive ... boy-shower

And the case of Matt Sandusky who was Jerry's foster child. He agreed to be adopted at age 18. Since monetary awards were announced, Matt now claims that Jerry molested him as a child. So why did he not report it and why did he agree to be adopted, and why is this Penn State's fault?

Sandusky was investigated back in the late 1990's because of some mothers' complaints from Second Mile children and Sandusky taking at least one child out of a local high school where the principal allowed it after being forbidden by the mother. The conclusion by the professionals was there was no wrongdoing by Sandusky.

Pennsylvania is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. Local politics make national politics seem like a church picnic. There are either 2 possibilites here, The State Police (of which 5 were caught last year traveling to Thailand for little girls), The Courts, Jack Raykovitz President of Sandusky's charity 'The Second Mile' for almost 30 years, the Child protective agencies who investigated Sandusky when the 1998 allegations surfaced and who investigated him each time he adopted 6 kids, and everyone who socialized and associated professionally with Sandusky knew he was a pedophile for decades or he fooled everyone. That's it. By the way, Sandusky and Paterno disliked each other. They were not friends and did not socialize.

Jim Clemente is a former top FBI profiler and internationally recognized expert in the fields of sex crimes investigations, sex offender behavior, child sexual victimization and child pornography.

The Clemente Report
http://www.paterno.com/Expert-Reports/J ... A4rb8JdVc8

A former Second Mile boy is now a Philly child advocate cop. He believes Paterno knew nothing. He said Sandusky would travel with him and some of the other boys to places like Philly to formal events where men would have their wives at the table in formal attire and approach Sandusky asking what he brought for them. Paterno and Penn State had nothing to do with any of this.

The Penn State alumni groups are also researching some prohibited collusion between certain people and organizations when the Freeh report was written. I can't speak to that right now. The chief prosecutor of Sandusky, Frank Fina, said there was no evidence whatsoever that Paterno, Curley, Schultz, or Spanier covered anything up during his investigation. Of course, that didn't make the news.

Paterno was never convicted or even charged with anything and was fired by the Old Guard BoT with no due process in their hopes all of this would go away. They are the ones who need to answer for their actions now.

The Freeh Report, A Rush to Judgement
http://www.paterno.com/Expert-Reports/W ... A4xNsJdVc8

Sorry if this is disjointed. It's only a smidgen of the story. Let's investigate Raykovitz, The Second Mile who tried to hide their money in Texas last year, The Penn State Attorney Cynthia Baldwin (who was in the Courtroom with Spanier during his Grand Jury presentment. Spanier was asked who was representing him and he said Cynthia Baldwin. She did not contradict his statement. She was not his attorney, she was snooping for the BoT. It was illegal for her to be in the courtroom and she should be disbarred), investigate the Child Welfare agencies who still put children in harms way (in our investigations, we found a Child Counselor pedophile with child porn on his work computer working in Wilkes-Barre). Let's find out what happened to Investigating District Attorney Ray Gricar whose computer hard drive was found in the bottom of the river next to his abandoned car in 2005. His body has never been found. What did he know?

There is so much more to come out. For the only 'incident' reported on Penn State's campus, Sandusky was acquitted, see report above. This has nothing to do with Paterno or Penn State - the football team. I could write a book on the old guard BoT and current Governor who is also on the BoT who had political and personal issues with Paterno and finally thought this was a perfect opportunity to fire the old codger but they didn't count on the alumni who are investigating every crook and cranny of what happened.

I forget what else I wrote and deleted but it was a lot more, but I really have to finish dinner. Crazy guy is on his way home and I always have a delicious meal waiting for him.

I have a very interesting theory about McQueary but will reserve it for now. The McQueary's and Sandusky's were neighbors.
Last edited by Techmomof2 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

The old guard Board of Trustees and associated government officials are corrupt. Their only motivation is preserving their power. The new Trustees, some PSU alumni Legislators, and several hundred thousand alumni are trying to discover and release the truth of what happened. It is a war where for the past 2 years, alumni have elected 9 people who are helping find the truth. Those voted out have been reappointed by the executive board as B&I trustees to keep their power structure. It's a war.

The event that Mike McQueary supposedly saw but only heard 'slapping sounds', was cryptically reported that night to Mike's father and Dr. Dranov, a neighbor, both whom are mandatory reporters but didn't hear anything resembling a crime. Then Mike changed his story a few times and Paterno reported what Mike told him as he should have. If Mike saw a rape, he was fully capable of stopping it and his father and friend should be in jail if they didn't report it. And by the way, Sandusky was acquitted of this charge. But a lot happened before this. Sandusky was released in 1999 and this happened a few years later. It was the interim President Erickson, not Paterno, who gave Sandusky full access to the Lasch Athletic building as part of his severance package.

And the case of Matt Sandusky who was Jerry's foster child. He agreed to be adopted at age 18. Since monetary awards were announced, Matt now claims that Jerry molested him as a child. So why did he not report it and why did he agree to be adopted, and why is this Penn State's fault?

Sandusky was investigated back in the late 1990's because of some mothers' complaints from Second Mile children and Sandusky taking at least one child out of a local high school where the principal allowed it after being forbidden by the mother. The conclusion by the professionals was there was no wrongdoing by Sandusky.

Pennsylvania is one of the most corrupt states in the nation. Local politics make national politics seem like a church picnic. There are either 2 possibilites here, The State Police (of which 5 were caught last year traveling to Thailand for little girls), The Courts, Jack Raykovitz President of Sandusky's charity 'The Second Mile' for almost 30 years, the Child protective agencies who investigated Sandusky when the 1998 allegations surfaced and who investigated him each time he adopted 6 kids, and everyone who socialized and associated professionally with Sandusky knew he was a pedophile for decades or he fooled everyone. That's it. By the way, Sandusky and Paterno disliked each other. They were not friends and did not socialize.

Jim Clemente is a former top FBI profiler and internationally recognized expert in the fields of sex crimes investigations, sex offender behavior, child sexual victimization and child pornography.

The Clemente Report

A former Second Mile boy is now a Philly child advocate cop. He believes Paterno knew nothing. He said Sandusky would travel with him and some of the other boys to places like Philly to formal events where men would have their wives at the table in formal attire and approach Sandusky asking what he brought for them. Paterno and Penn State had nothing to do with any of this.

The Penn State alumni groups are also researching some prohibited collusion between certain people and organizations when the Freeh report was written. I can't speak to that right now. The chief prosecutor of Sandusky, Frank Fina, said there was no evidence whatsoever that Paterno, Curley, Schultz, or Spanier covered anything up during his investigation. Of course, that didn't make the news.

Paterno was never convicted or even charged with anything and was fired by the Old Guard BoT with no due process in their hopes all of this would go away. They are the ones who need to answer for their actions now.

Sorry if this is disjointed. It's only a smidgen of the story. Let's investigate Raykovitz, The Second Mile who tried to hide their money in Texas last year, The Penn State Attorney Cynthia Baldwin (who was in the Courtroom with Spanier during his Grand Jury presentment. Spanier was asked who was representing him and he said Cynthia Baldwin. She did not contradict his statement. She was not his attorney, she was snooping for the BoT. It was illegal for her to be in the courtroom and she should be disbarred), investigate the Child Welfare agencies who still put children in harms way (in our investigations, we found a Child Counselor pedophile with child porn on his work computer working in Wilkes-Barre). Let's find out what happened to Investigating District Attorney Ray Gricar whose computer hard drive was found in the bottom of the river next to his abandoned car in 2005. His body has never been found. What did he know?

There is so much more to come out. For the only 'incident' reported on Penn State's campus, Sandusky was acquitted, see report above. This has nothing to do with Paterno or Penn State - the football team. I could write a book on the old guard BoT and current Governor who is also on the BoT who had political and personal issues with Paterno and finally thought this was a perfect opportunity to fire the old codger but they didn't count on the alumni who are investigating every crook and cranny of what happened.

I forget what else I wrote and deleted but it was a lot more, but I really have to finish dinner. Crazy guy is on his way home and I always have a delicious meal waiting for him.

I have a very interesting theory about McQueary but will reserve it for now.
So the cops knew, but Paterno didn't? I don't buy that, Paterno looked the other way. WADR, you're describing an institution out of control and in need of more sanctions, not less.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:So the cops knew, but Paterno didn't? I don't buy that, Paterno looked the other way. WADR, you're describing an institution out of control and in need of more sanctions, not less.
Yup loss of institutional control if there was ever any in the first place in re to State Penn.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote:

The Clemente Report

So the cops knew, but Paterno didn't? I don't buy that, Paterno looked the other way. WADR, you're describing an institution out of control and in need of more sanctions, not less.
It was a police matter between the boy, Sandusky, and the police. John Seasock, the counselor who was brought in to investigate said nothing happened that was out of the ordinary between an adult male and adolescent child. Since Sandusky convicted at that time, that was the end of it.

I don't think it's right for an adult to ever shower with an adolescent but all the male showers in high school and college in most schools are one open stall. I am not defending Sandusky, I hope he rots in hell. Paterno testified he didn't know of the 1998 incident. He's dead. That's all we will find out about him. But before 1998, there were plenty of people very close to Sandusky who could have stopped him. Why did the Attorney General, who is now the PA Governor delay investigating Sandusky for 3 years and assigned a police detective who had very little experience with child molestation when there were much more qualified officers? Perhaps The Second Mile gave the AG over $600,000 to run for Governor, and then the Gov gave the Second Mile a nice grant. There is plenty more here to be investigated.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
Valencia Hokie wrote: Confused. Are you saying the NCAA wrote the rule book to retroactively CYA so that JoePa and crew are innocent or are you saying PSU leadership did the right thing, per the new standards?

The Clemente Report

It was a police matter between the boy, Sandusky, and the police. John Seasock, the counselor who was brought in to investigate said nothing happened that was out of the ordinary between an adult male and adolescent child. Since Sandusky convicted at that time, that was the end of it.

I don't think it's right for an adult to ever shower with an adolescent but all the male showers in high school and college in most schools are one open stall. I am not defending Sandusky, I hope he rots in hell. Paterno testified he didn't know of the 1998 incident. He's dead. That's all we will find out about him. But before 1998, there were plenty of people very close to Sandusky who could have stopped him. Why did the Attorney General, who is now the PA Governor delay investigating Sandusky for 3 years and assigned a police detective who had very little experience with child molestation when there were much more qualified officers? Perhaps The Second Mile gave the AG over $600,000 to run for Governor, and then the Gov gave the Second Mile a nice grant. There is plenty more here to be investigated.
Paterno could have stopped him, but wanted a MNC. He can rot in hell too as far as I'm concerned.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Good lord, TMo2. Paterno was (at least) an enabler for a pedophile, period. Have they melted his statue down yet, or is it still just hidden?
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:Good lord, TMo2. Paterno was (at least) an enabler for a pedophile, period. Have they melted his statue down yet, or is it still just hidden?
No he wasn't. He complied with the new NCAA guidelines. There was no criminality. Paterno was never charged with anything and Frank Fina agreed. Other than opinion and the feeding frenzy of the media, where's your evidence that Paterno was an enabler?

You aren't privy to all of the research, what people's motives were. You haven't attended BoT meetings to see the arrogant deceit and obfuscation of any pertinent information. You haven't read the Clemente and Thornburg reports. You haven't read the actual Court transcripts, correct? There is much misinformation out there. The sensational story gets out there but the facts don't. (Do you believe everything the MSM says about Benghazi?) The AG/Gov, Second Mile, Child welfare agencies ignored or enabled Sandusky for decades.

Did you know that Louis Freeh was a high official in MBNA which was a major donor of The Second Mile? He conveniently did not disclose that fact. There are many conflicts of interest. Freeh has his own integrity problems:
http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5136

When the police and Court say there was no impropriety, that's the end of the 1998 investigation. You must have no idea how pervasive pedophile networks are, how they extend into the highest levels of political power all over the country. Joe Paterno and Penn State were not ground zero of this. To say Paterno could have stopped the whole thing is a bit simplistic and not the truth.

We are trying to get a full investigation of all parties, which never happened and was stymied at all turns and also find out what happened to Ray Gricar and what he discovered. Would you at least agree that should be done to get at the truth?

What Sandusky did is a criminal case. This doesn't fall under NCAA jurisdiction. The interim President Erickson's signing of the consent decree was illegal and in collusion with the panic of the old guard BoT's (not for Penn State but for their own butts). There was never any discussion with the entire BoT's and they never had a vote. Erickson claimed the NCAA was threatening the death penalty and his back was to the wall which I'm sure you read in the paper. Interestingly, Ed Ray, the Chairman of the NCAA Executive Committee said the death penalty was never threatened or even discussed which I'm sure you didn't read in the paper. Someone is lying. We want to find out who. They overstepped with collusion with others in power to cover their butts and they know it. Now that lawsuits are looming, none of those in the above paragraph want to have discovery or be under oath. Let's hear the whole story and let the chips fall. I don't think that's unreasonable.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I think it would be a very good bet that Joe knew everything about this. He was a control freak about his program.
USN_Hokie wrote:Good lord, TMo2. Paterno was (at least) an enabler for a pedophile, period. Have they melted his statue down yet, or is it still just hidden?
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I think it would be a very good bet that Joe knew everything about this. He was a control freak about his program.
Evidence? Control freak? How did he act out of the norm of any other head coach except to consistently have one of the highest graduation rates in the nation? The people in control of the University were the Bot's and Gov who was also on the Board. Problem is, pedophiles can easily hide in plain sight. Have you looked at the sex offender list in your neighborhood?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
No he wasn't. He complied with the new NCAA guidelines. There was no criminality. Paterno was never charged with anything and Frank Fina agreed. Other than opinion and the feeding frenzy of the media, where's your evidence that Paterno was an enabler?

You aren't privy to all of the research, what people's motives were. You haven't attended BoT meetings to see the arrogant deceit and obfuscation of any pertinent information. You haven't read the Clemente and Thornburg reports. You haven't read the actual Court transcripts, correct? There is much misinformation out there. The sensational story gets out there but the facts don't. (Do you believe everything the MSM says about Benghazi?) The AG/Gov, Second Mile, Child welfare agencies ignored or enabled Sandusky for decades.

Did you know that Louis Freeh was a high official in MBNA which was a major donor of The Second Mile? He conveniently did not disclose that fact. There are many conflicts of interest. Freeh has his own integrity problems:

When the police and Court say there was no impropriety, that's the end of the 1998 investigation. You must have no idea how pervasive pedophile networks are, how they extend into the highest levels of political power all over the country. Joe Paterno and Penn State were not ground zero of this. To say Paterno could have stopped the whole thing is a bit simplistic and not the truth.

We are trying to get a full investigation of all parties, which never happened and was stymied at all turns and also find out what happened to Ray Gricar and what he discovered. Would you at least agree that should be done to get at the truth?

What Sandusky did is a criminal case. This doesn't fall under NCAA jurisdiction. The interim President Erickson's signing of the consent decree was illegal and in collusion with the panic of the old guard BoT's (not for Penn State but for their own butts). There was never any discussion with the entire BoT's and they never had a vote. Erickson claimed the NCAA was threatening the death penalty and his back was to the wall which I'm sure you read in the paper. Interestingly, Ed Ray, the Chairman of the NCAA Executive Committee said the death penalty was never threatened or even discussed which I'm sure you didn't read in the paper. Someone is lying. We want to find out who. They overstepped with collusion with others in power to cover their butts and they know it. Now that lawsuits are looming, none of those in the above paragraph want to have discovery or be under oath. Let's hear the whole story and let the chips fall. I don't think that's unreasonable.
He would have been indicted if he hadn't died...likely due to anguish over the monster he facilitated. He knew Sandusky was a child rapist and he did nothing. I hope he's burning in hell.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Most head coaches are control freaks. I've been told by several players I know that there wasn't anything going on in the football program that Joe didn't know about. Do you really think Joe didn't know about the pedophile working for him?

Techmomof2 wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I think it would be a very good bet that Joe knew everything about this. He was a control freak about his program.
Evidence? Control freak? How did he act out of the norm of any other head coach except to consistently have one of the highest graduation rates in the nation? The people in control of the University were the Bot's and Gov who was also on the Board. Problem is, pedophiles can easily hide in plain sight. Have you looked at the sex offender list in your neighborhood?
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

No, the rest of us aren't motivated by a need to preserve JoePa's reputation. I know you have a personal relationship - or at least have had personal connections with JoePa in the past so I'm sure it is tough to swallow. You can research all these other nefarious connections exhaustively but at the end of the day we are talking about a coach who had more control around a program, had his own personal stamp on a program, and was, quite frankly, arrogant about the quality of the people associated with his program, more than any other coach in the NCAA. There is no way in Hades he didn't know that Sandusky was diddling little boys. Falling back on "he followed the rules" is a complete cop-out. He looked the other way and let it happen. I believe his ego got in the way of his decision making. He had a long history of being a stand up guy and he threw it all away in the last ten years of his life.

Techmomof2 wrote: