Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Obamacare question

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Did the barrister crowd think they were going to get healthcare for free, and are now upset to learn they have to pay for it?

I don't think some people realized that the reason they weren't getting it from their employer is because it is expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Obamacare question

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Did the barrister crowd think they were going to get healthcare for free, and are now upset to learn they have to pay for it?

I don't think some people realized that the reason they weren't getting it from their employer is because it is expensive.

Unfortunately, they're idiots and can't connect the dots of them getting just 29 hours, laid off, etc. with obamacare. They still think employers are greedy and not giving their "fair share". There's no fix for stupid.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Did the barrister crowd think they were going to get healthcare for free, and are now upset to learn they have to pay for it?

But, now they'll vote for whoever promises to make it "cheaper" for them.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

But, now they'll vote for whoever promises to make it "cheaper" for them.
Or cover breast implants
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Unsure what you mean by barrister. Fan of Obama?

The truth is that that libs supporting Obamacare never think things through. Libs today are the "Idea people" and can't be bothered with details such as reality. That's why we now have the utter failure that is Obamacare, the state exchanges that don't work, the cost savings that aren't present, and the exemption after exemption provided for buddies when the true effects of Obamacare are oppressive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Only in America would we take the chick who directed the hand over of my personal financial information to the white house, and put her in charge of my even more private health information.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Homebrew wrote:

The truth is that that libs supporting Obamacare never think things through. Libs today are the "Idea people" and can't be bothered with details such as reality. That's why we now have the utter failure that is Obamacare, the state exchanges that don't work, the cost savings that aren't present, and the exemption after exemption provided for buddies when the true effects of Obamacare are oppressive.
My comment of "barrister" was an iPad spell check F up. I meant barista, the underemployed 20 something's who I have genuine empathy for, but at the same time see the follies of their ways.

Your lib comment on details is funny, and true. It is tough sometimes being a member of the productive class. You tend to bring up a lot details that the idea people don't want to hear. ;)

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

sadly these days a lot of people think it should all be free.... thus our big issues in this country. Nothing is free, everything has a cost, the question is who pays the cost? But never ask some of them that question as it confuses them.

less givers, lots more takers = disaster
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Homebrew wrote:

My comment of "barrister" was an iPad spell check F up. I meant barista, the underemployed 20 something's who I have genuine empathy for, but at the same time see the follies of their ways.

Your lib comment on details is funny, and true. It is tough sometimes being a member of the productive class. You tend to bring up a lot details that the idea people don't want to hear. ;)