Wagon Wheel

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
UpstateSCHokie

Wagon Wheel

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I know I'm probably late to the party, but I'm really liking this Darius Rucker song - and I was certainly NOT a Hootie and Blowfish fan. I think Darius is a much better country singer! He comes off as a genuine southerner, with a real love and passion for the south. I dig.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Wagon Wheel

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I know I'm probably late to the party, but I'm really liking this Darius Rucker song - and I was certainly NOT a Hootie and Blowfish fan. I think Darius is a much better country singer! He comes off as a genuine southerner, with a real love and passion for the south. I dig.

A genuine southerner, with real love and passion for ripping other's works.

Originally started by Minnesota's own Bob Dylan and finished and released in 2004 by the OCMS.

I agree it's a good song though, the original.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:I know I'm probably late to the party, but I'm really liking this Darius Rucker song - and I was certainly NOT a Hootie and Blowfish fan. I think Darius is a much better country singer! He comes off as a genuine southerner, with a real love and passion for the south. I dig.

Originally started by Minnesota's own Bob Dylan and finished and released in 2004 by the OCMS.

Interesting. I didn't know it was a cover. I just watched the Old Crow Medicine Show's version on Youtube. I think I like Rucker's version better. Is that the OCMS guy in Rucker's video?

So why would Dylan write a song about the south like that? Are those the same lyrics he wrote?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Interesting. I didn't know it was a cover. I just watched the Old Crow Medicine Show's version on Youtube. I think I like Rucker's version better. Is that the OCMS guy in Rucker's video?

So why would Dylan write a song about the south like that? Are those the same lyrics he wrote?
I've never thought of it as a southern song, just a guy (Yankee?) hitchhiking from New England to see his lady.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

NM. I just googled it and found that Dylan apparently wrote it for a movie soundtrack. But his version is awful, and doesn't have all of the lyrics. Its like he just sings the same thing over and over, and its really hard to pick up on the melody. Pretty much typical Bob Dylan (AKA the Jester).

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

NM. I just googled it and found that Dylan apparently wrote it for a movie soundtrack. But his version is awful, and doesn't have all of the lyrics. Its like he just sings the same thing over and over, and its really hard to pick up on the melody. Pretty much typical Bob Dylan (AKA the Jester).
Yeah, wiki suggests that OCMS (Nashville) came up with the lyrics.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Dylan apparently wrote it for a movie soundtrack. But his version is awful,
This is true for ANY Bob Dylan song.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

great song, thanks for sharing.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Dylan apparently wrote it for a movie soundtrack. But his version is awful,
Nope.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

Name a Bob Dylan song that's been covered by another artist for which the cover isn't much more enjoyable. Maybe Tangeld up in blue if some half ass convered it but still...he's almost unlistenable.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Nope.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:Name a Bob Dylan song that's been covered by another artist for which the cover isn't much more enjoyable. Maybe Tangeld up in blue if some half ass convered it but still...he's almost unlistenable.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Nope.
I like the Indigo Girl's cover of Tangled. But your post is silly.

Hurricane? Lay Lady lay? Come on Floho.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Name a Bob Dylan song that's been covered by another artist for which the cover isn't much more enjoyable. Maybe Tangeld up in blue if some half ass convered it but still...he's almost unlistenable.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Nope.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieMa
Alma Mater: Old Dominion University
Party: Fiscal Conservative

Post by HokieMa »

Excellent song! I enjoyed the cast of "Duck Dynasty" in the video...nice touch!

Facts have an uncanny ability of getting in the way of agendas.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

Nothing silly about recognizing what 100% of people with functional ears recognize.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Nope.