Need advice, going to torture a local business

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Need advice, going to torture a local business

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I think I shared the troubles I had last summer selling my house, when the first buyer never showed up for closing. We sold it, but had to relist, and almost lost the new house we were buying.

I really didn't like the lack of professionalism of the buyer's agent. When the buyer didn't show, he didn't know how to contact him and was flakey. He cried to my wife on the phone and was a complete pussy about the whole thing, like a five year old. He irritated me, and had no business representing a buyer he knew nothing about. He didn't know where he lived, worked, or that he was Chinese mafia as I learned from Facebook. Seriously, I am not making this up.

I put a negative review on Yelp that he keeps getting it removed. All the details on Yelp are facts he cannot refute, but he is getting Yelp to remove on the basis of me not having been his client, which it say is BS as I have a sales contract with his name on it.

Anyway, what do you think of this.

I create a website, maybe hosted outside the US, called something like jimsmithrealtysucks.com

I know a lot about search engine optimization, so I can guarantee that if anyone searches on his or his company's name, it will be in the top 2 or 3 on google.

On the site, I keep things very factual and show all papers regarding the sales contract, eventually having to revoke it, etc. I do this as a community service to warn sellers and listing agents that this guy is a loose cannon.

I don't see him winning a lawsuit if everything is true on the site, and I clearly separate facts regarding the non performance, from my opinions.

What say ye, wise ones of uws?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Need advice, going to torture a local business

Post by Major Kong »

Just post at topix in the location he's at. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Just post at topix in the location he's at. :)
I gotta get me going on Topix Kongster. It is truly nuts. Exhibit A:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/charles ... A9UJQU958C

jmac610

Post by jmac610 »

seems a bit vindictive to me. Also, I don't know of any legal consequences you could be open to by actively trying to destroy a man's business with a website targeted at him.
My suggestion would be to put it behind you and move on.
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I think I shared the troubles I had last summer selling my house, when the first buyer never showed up for closing. We sold it, but had to relist, and almost lost the new house we were buying.

I really didn't like the lack of professionalism of the buyer's agent. When the buyer didn't show, he didn't know how to contact him and was flakey. He cried to my wife on the phone and was a complete pussy about the whole thing, like a five year old. He irritated me, and had no business representing a buyer he knew nothing about. He didn't know where he lived, worked, or that he was Chinese mafia as I learned from Facebook. Seriously, I am not making this up.

I put a negative review on Yelp that he keeps getting it removed. All the details on Yelp are facts he cannot refute, but he is getting Yelp to remove on the basis of me not having been his client, which it say is BS as I have a sales contract with his name on it.

I create a website, maybe hosted outside the US, called something like jimsmithrealtysucks.com

I know a lot about search engine optimization, so I can guarantee that if anyone searches on his or his company's name, it will be in the top 2 or 3 on google.

On the site, I keep things very factual and show all papers regarding the sales contract, eventually having to revoke it, etc. I do this as a community service to warn sellers and listing agents that this guy is a loose cannon.

I don't see him winning a lawsuit if everything is true on the site, and I clearly separate facts regarding the non performance, from my opinions.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Angie's list...?

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I think I shared the troubles I had last summer selling my house, when the first buyer never showed up for closing. We sold it, but had to relist, and almost lost the new house we were buying.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Angie's list...?

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Angie's list...?

Don't like anything moderated.

Bay_area_Hokie

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

jmac610 wrote:seems a bit vindictive to me. Also, I don't know of any legal consequences you could be open to by actively trying to destroy a man's business with a website targeted at him.

He cost me about $35k, easily, plus a lot of stress. I am not providing all the details for sake of brevity, but besides the money my family had to sleep on a floor for a month, we had to move twice, and there are about a half dozen other things. We have filed a complaint with the state. I want blood. I want him out if the real estate business.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Let it go dude, no use ruining him for a bad deal esp. since no real harm to you

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Didn't see your other details but still, let it go. If you want to sue him then do so but why drive him out of business, he thought he had a buyer, sounds like he got fooled also. Life is way to short to be so vindictive tho
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
jmac610 wrote:seems a bit vindictive to me. Also, I don't know of any legal consequences you could be open to by actively trying to destroy a man's business with a website targeted at him.

He cost me about $35k, easily, plus a lot of stress. I am not providing all the details for sake of brevity, but besides the money my family had to sleep on a floor for a month, we had to move twice, and there are about a half dozen other things. We have filed a complaint with the state. I want blood. I want him out if the real estate business.