Today's Florida Post

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Homebrew

Today's Florida Post

Post by Homebrew »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/fl- ... 5300.story
Matthew Murphy was already in trouble for allegedly lying to a 911 operator about an angry roommate with a machine gun.

Things didn't get better for Murphy when he mockingly asked the responding Broward Sheriff's deputies if he had interrupted their doughnut break.

Murphy, 46, of Pembroke Park, who was released from prison last month, ended up behind bars again early Sunday morning after an apparent drunken bender at his trailer in the Lake Shore Mobile Home Park.

An arrest report details how Murphy allegedly threatened to kill his roommate, challenged a female deputy into fist fight, repeatedly called her by a racial slur, threatened to kill a different deputy and then said he was going blow up a sheriff sub-station.

Later inside the station's holding cell, Murphy urinated on the floor, according to his arrest report.

A subdued Murphy appeared in bond court Monday, where he was formally charged with assaulting his roommate, two counts of threatening a public servant and using 911 to report a false alarm.

According to the arrest report, Murphy first called 911 about 12:50 a.m. Sunday to report that his roommate had "touched" his girlfriend. He demanded deputies come remove the roommate from the trailer. Moments later, he called 911 again to report that his roommate now "had a machine gun and police better hurry up."

Deputies rushed to the trailer but discovered Murphy was lying about the machine gun, according to the report.

According to the arrest report, Murphy told deputies "I think he has [a machine gun] but I am not sure. I got you here didn't I?"

He then asked deputies "Did I interrupt you from your doughnuts?" according to the report.