got the fishing blues

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

got the fishing blues

Post by awesome guy »

in another funk, ain't caught anything in a month. No big cats, no redfish, no speckled trout, no striped bass. It's been rough for a lot of my angler buddies as well, but I'm taking it the hardest. The night after my skunking with the stakeout pole last weekend, a buddy got a striper at the same spot. Salt on the wounds. Went out cat fishing last night and only got one bite. It was a gar taking my bait. He bite it half and took off. The only plus has been one of my buddy's plum wine is ready and so we had something good to drink. Hoping to get back into some fish this weekend, may go for spanish mackerel.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
hokie80
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: got the fishing blues

Post by hokie80 »

awesome guy wrote:in another funk, ain't caught anything in a month. No big cats, no redfish, no speckled trout, no striped bass. It's been rough for a lot of my angler buddies as well, but I'm taking it the hardest. The night after my skunking with the stakeout pole last weekend, a buddy got a striper at the same spot. Salt on the wounds. Went out cat fishing last night and only got one bite. It was a gar taking my bait. He bite it half and took off. The only plus has been one of my buddy's plum wine is ready and so we had something good to drink. Hoping to get back into some fish this weekend, may go for spanish mackerel.
have you ever hooked/landed any bull sharks while fishing?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

hokie80 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:in another funk, ain't caught anything in a month. No big cats, no redfish, no speckled trout, no striped bass. It's been rough for a lot of my angler buddies as well, but I'm taking it the hardest. The night after my skunking with the stakeout pole last weekend, a buddy got a striper at the same spot. Salt on the wounds. Went out cat fishing last night and only got one bite. It was a gar taking my bait. He bite it half and took off. The only plus has been one of my buddy's plum wine is ready and so we had something good to drink. Hoping to get back into some fish this weekend, may go for spanish mackerel.
have you ever hooked/landed any bull sharks while fishing?
yep. Caveat, I'm absolutely awful at identifying sharks. Sandbar and bulls look the same to me so some that I think are bulls may be sandbars and vice versa. On the other hand, I don't think the exact species matters so much as they all fight like rabid animals. I can pick out tigers vs duskies vs thresher vs mackos etc. The sandbar/bull looking ones though cause me confusion.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Mojo is returning. Got a couple nice ones today! But still no trophies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Think big AGImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Doing better than me, due to all the stuff going on at the farm, vehicle problems and other various stuff have not even gotten on the lake this summer at all!!

to top it off my very old blind Australian shepherd gets bitten in the snout by a small copperhead in our garage Monday night, got back from the emergency vet at 3 am, up for work at 7....ugh

the world contains one less copperhead as of Monday night tho
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Doing better than me, due to all the stuff going on at the farm, vehicle problems and other various stuff have not even gotten on the lake this summer at all!!

to top it off my very old blind Australian shepherd gets bitten in the snout by a small copperhead in our garage Monday night, got back from the emergency vet at 3 am, up for work at 7....ugh

the world contains one less copperhead as of Monday night tho

that sucks!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Think big AGImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yearhg! That's on my bucket list, want to hit them big wells cats in Spain. I actually want to do what I call the "Jeremy Wade tour of the World". He's the guy ion River Monsters and so my tour is going to all the places he went and catching the same fish. My fishing universe is bit larger though so there's some saltwater stuff I'd hit too. But the big catfish in the Amazon are high on the list.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

got out of my funk and in spectacular fashion too. Got a trout that was just an inch short of a trophy, and that was on the first run of my custom soft plastic lures too.