not what I wanted :(

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

not what I wanted :(

Post by awesome guy »

Last week was Awesome in the AG home. I had fish about every night, redfish and speckled trout. I had them fried, I had them broiled, I had them with a mohel, I had them while sitting in soil. I had them in many different tasty ways. And this was all thanks to an epic trip the weekend before.

So I was planning a repeat. And all was going well, I was getting everything ready when I got a call that changed my life forever. One of my fishing buddies got a new, big, and fast bay boat. So he wanted me to go out with him to help with it and give it a good shake out. So instead of ripping lips from my kayak, I was out there cobia fishing. It's a little late in the season, but still fish around. Anyway, we struck out with the cobia. We then went to another area where things were looking good. We caught a bunch of perfect bait sized croaker. And we got a lot of runs on them, but whatever was biting was taking them off right behind the head. Nice hard runs and then they cut it off. My buddy was thinking bluefish, but to me, the bite marks didn't match. Bluefish have narrow mouths and leave a distinctive mite mark, this was rounded. It really looked like a drum mouth, but it was biting right through the fish which isn't drum like eating habbits, they inhale their meal. Didn't look like a shark either. So I have no idea what it was. I even hooked some through the butt and they just took it off the hook. I did catch and keep a nice sea mullet and brought that home. Was looking forward to a fish sandwich today for lunch, but left the fish in the back of my truck and it spoiled. So no fish for me without visiting the local fish monger.

Glad to have a new boat for adventures, but was really looking forward to kayaking. I'll have 4 days of kayaking this weekend, so I'm not sweating it too much. Then again, this will be a family friendly area and so I'm not sure how much I'll be into the fish. Glad to have my munchkins out there with me though.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: not what I wanted :(

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: but left the fish in the back of my truck and it spoiled
Dude

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: not what I wanted :(

Post by awesome guy »

yep. It was close to, if not a trophy mullet too. She was a dandy, now she's rotting in the garbage.
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: but left the fish in the back of my truck and it spoiled
Dude

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.