I was called an old fogey today...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

I was called an old fogey today...

Post by Major Kong »

My nephew and his fiancee came over today and she was asking about the old fashioned double edge safety razor in the bathroom...it's a Parker Safety Razor that I've used since I started shaving (Nixon was POTUS). I use Shark Double Edge blades (buy 'em by the 100) and even have a wood razor stand I proudly display it on. :D

She said she had only seen old men use double edged razor's...then in a most shocking revelation I told her I use "gasp" Gillette Foamy Menthol shaving creme (I can get it for $1.50 a can at the local dollar store). I also told her I use Clubman Bay Rum or Clubman Musk. :)

She said that was old fogey stuff...I told her it's what I use. My wife referred to as my whore bait...I said yeah and look what I caught with it.

It'll take a week or two for the black eye to look better. ;) :shock: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: I was called an old fogey today...

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:My nephew and his fiancee came over today and she was asking about the old fashioned double edge safety razor in the bathroom...it's a Parker Safety Razor that I've used since I started shaving (Nixon was POTUS). I use Shark Double Edge blades (buy 'em by the 100) and even have a wood razor stand I proudly display it on. :D

She said she had only seen old men use double edged razor's...then in a most shocking revelation I told her I use "gasp" Gillette Foamy Menthol shaving creme (I can get it for $1.50 a can at the local dollar store). I also told her I use Clubman Bay Rum or Clubman Musk. :)

She said that was old fogey stuff...I told her it's what I use. My wife referred to as my whore bait...I said yeah and look what I caught with it.

Lol
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Once

Post by Once »

I'm sorry you nephew's woman called you an Old Fogey. I'm not offering my sympathies for the shiner though. You had that coming.
Major Kong wrote:My nephew and his fiancee came over today and she was asking about the old fashioned double edge safety razor in the bathroom...it's a Parker Safety Razor that I've used since I started shaving (Nixon was POTUS). I use Shark Double Edge blades (buy 'em by the 100) and even have a wood razor stand I proudly display it on. :D

Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

I use double edge safety razors as well (sometimes a straight razor as well). If you need more than one blade, you need a better blade...
Once

Post by Once »

I think the Major should let Mrs. Kong shave him as a show of faith and trust... :lol:
Hokie5150 wrote:

I use double edge safety razors as well (sometimes a straight razor as well). If you need more than one blade, you need a better blade...
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Once wrote:I think the Major should let Mrs. Kong shave him as a show of faith and trust... :lol:
She did when I had my hands operated on back in May & June. She did pretty well too. :D

She doesn't like my safety razor though...says it's to hay-vee (her word for heavy) so she used my son's Fusion razor. :)

Once

Post by Once »

You know how I am by now (endlessly fascinated by stuff). I just want to have a quick conversation with Mrs. Kong so I can hear her accent. I promise I'll only try to sell her a subscription to Cosmo or Vogue or some other inane magazine over the phone. Seriously. I promise. 8-)

Mr. Once would not let me shave him. Though these days he's growing quite the full on beard, so he's got Grizzly Adams on the run....
Major Kong wrote:
Once wrote:I think the Major should let Mrs. Kong shave him as a show of faith and trust... :lol:
She did when I had my hands operated on back in May & June. She did pretty well too. :D

She doesn't like my safety razor though...says it's to hay-vee (her word for heavy) so she used my son's Fusion razor. :)
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Funny stuff. I was told at our tailgate by a female UNC grad that I looked like I was in my mid-twenties. I'm just reaching my prime at forty years old. Hehe.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Once wrote:You know how I am by now (endlessly fascinated by stuff). I just want to have a quick conversation with Mrs. Kong so I can hear her accent. I promise I'll only try to sell her a subscription to Cosmo or Vogue or some other inane magazine over the phone. Seriously. I promise. 8-)

Mr. Once would not let me shave him. Though these days he's growing quite the full on beard, so he's got Grizzly Adams on the run...
I've given this serious thought and I came to the conclusion that since you hail originally from Southern Mississippi you shouldn't have much trouble in understanding her but needing a Middle Appalachian primer first. :D

You wouldn't be Once but Once't. Now if y'all spoke on the phone twice she would tell me "Didja know that I talked on the phone with Once't today twice'd...bless her heart. :P

Actually it might not be a bad idea to watch the TNT show "The Closer" and listen to Kyra Sedgewick's character and then mix in about 15% of Nell. :D

Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Grumpster
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Homebrew wrote:Grumpster
+1 :mrgreen: