I don't like to speculate on these type of things

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

I don't like to speculate on these type of things

Post by nolanvt »

but, man, watching these two videos, Beamer doesn't look healthy at all. Hope he's doing alright.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/columns_a ... mode=story
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Re: I don't like to speculate on these type of things

Post by BG Hokie »

I don't completely disagree but I will play devil's advocate just a bit. I think his voice is still off because whatever his surgery was, was and is a bigger deal than they let on at the time. I don't know if his voice will continue to get better or if this is a new normal. Not sure? I also think, at one point, it seemed like he was slightly choked up. That said, I think it's just his voice and communication (which is a big deal) but I think he's still sharp.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:I don't completely disagree but I will play devil's advocate just a bit. I think his voice is still off because whatever his surgery was, was and is a bigger deal than they let on at the time. I don't know if his voice will continue to get better or if this is a new normal. Not sure? I also think, at one point, it seemed like he was slightly choked up. That said, I think it's just his voice and communication (which is a big deal) but I think he's still sharp.
For people like him that spend a lot of time yelling and such the voice will eventually get the affects, my guess is that and the surgery is the reason his voice is off some. Look at old rocker types, most have voice issues later on in life.

Frankie will be retiring soon enough, not sure why the emphasis to push him out the door, the dude knows a lot about fball.

But Spurrier is getting the same crap down here in SC, folks are starting to bring up his age and all
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

BG Hokie wrote:I don't completely disagree but I will play devil's advocate just a bit. I think his voice is still off because whatever his surgery was, was and is a bigger deal than they let on at the time. I don't know if his voice will continue to get better or if this is a new normal. Not sure? I also think, at one point, it seemed like he was slightly choked up. That said, I think it's just his voice and communication (which is a big deal) but I think he's still sharp.
Wasn't just the voice. His appearance was also in much worse shape than early last fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Wasn't just the voice. His appearance was also in much worse shape than early last fall.

the dude is in his late sixties, early 70's in a high stress job, not shocking at all. My folks are both in mid to late 70's, doc's say they are doing fine but they don't look like they did in their 60's, getting old is a beatch
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

the dude is in his late sixties, early 70's in a high stress job, not shocking at all. My folks are both in mid to late 70's, doc's say they are doing fine but they don't look like they did in their 60's, getting old is a beatch
But that dramatic of a change in appearance in a few months' time?

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

But that dramatic of a change in appearance in a few months' time?

He has lost some weight but not that much difference then how he has looked, but again, getting older is a beatch, you have that to look forward
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

He has lost a lot of weight, and the older you are when you do that, the more your skin just kinda hangs off you. When you are young it snaps back quicker. Maybe that is all you are seeing. If his throat is messed up, eating is painful, hence the weight loss. I think you are worried he has the big C, but if that was true the chemo would make him way too tired to coach.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:He has lost a lot of weight, and the older you are when you do that, the more your skin just kinda hangs off you. When you are young it snaps back quicker. Maybe that is all you are seeing. If his throat is messed up, eating is painful, hence the weight loss. I think you are worried he has the big C, but if that was true the chemo would make him way too tired to coach.

yep, and that would never stay a secret, besides if Frank cannot be an effective coach as honorable as he is my guess is he would step aside