BC

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
RiverguyVT

BC

Post by RiverguyVT »

What happens vs BC? :?:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: BC

Post by Major Kong »

They've been overshadowed by Goody's Powder even though they both come from the same company.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

my guess is a win
RiverguyVT wrote:What happens vs BC? :?:
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I don't know but I tell ya this much. That loss to Duke as really deflated my enthusiasm in the season. I didn't go into this season expecting much, and after the loss to Alabama I felt like my expectations were about right, but then the team went out and won 6 in a row and I started thinking maybe this could be a special season if we could just get past Miami. I thought the BC game might be tough, but I never really thought we would lose to Duke at home! Now the BC game is a must win if we have any chance at all of staying with Miami in the division race.

As an aside, my TSL subscription expired in September, and since I wasn't all that excited about the season, I was not going to renew. But after we won 6 in a row I was about ready to re-up. But now after the loss to Duke, I think I'll keep my $55. It sucks for Will that his business model depends on how well a bunch of 18-22 year old kids do on the football field.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:I don't know but I tell ya this much. That loss to Duke as really deflated my enthusiasm in the season. I didn't go into this season expecting much, and after the loss to Alabama I felt like my expectations were about right, but then the team went out and won 6 in a row and I started thinking maybe this could be a special season if we could just get past Miami. I thought the BC game might be tough, but I never really thought we would lose to Duke at home! Now the BC game is a must win if we have any chance at all of staying with Miami in the division race.

As an aside, my TSL subscription expired in September, and since I wasn't all that excited about the season, I was not going to renew. But after we won 6 in a row I was about ready to re-up. But now after the loss to Duke, I think I'll keep my $55. It sucks for Will that his business model depends on how well a bunch of 18-22 year old kids do on the football field.
Frank is good at rallying the kids after a let down, so I think we win.

I bet the happiest guy on the team is Stiney. We have no blue chip players on O, which has to be a result of our terrible management of the offensive side of the ball for so many years. He made the bed but doesn't have to lie in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Well so much for that. No team can win when they turn the ball over that much. I wonder if our turnover woes have more to do with our players, or more to do with our coaches? I gotta believe we stress ball protection in practice, but LT just seems to make some bad decisions. Part of that is because we have no legit running threat, and part of it is b/c our offensive line cannot protect or pick up a blitz. But a good part of it is on LT's decision making.

Let's hope Andrew Ford is a good decision maker, Marshawn Williams is like the old school VT running backs, and our OL recruits get back to being mean, nasty, and physical.
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:I don't know but I tell ya this much. That loss to Duke as really deflated my enthusiasm in the season. I didn't go into this season expecting much, and after the loss to Alabama I felt like my expectations were about right, but then the team went out and won 6 in a row and I started thinking maybe this could be a special season if we could just get past Miami. I thought the BC game might be tough, but I never really thought we would lose to Duke at home! Now the BC game is a must win if we have any chance at all of staying with Miami in the division race.

I bet the happiest guy on the team is Stiney. We have no blue chip players on O, which has to be a result of our terrible management of the offensive side of the ball for so many years. He made the bed but doesn't have to lie in it.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Well so much for that. No team can win when they turn the ball over that much. I wonder if our turnover woes have more to do with our players, or more to do with our coaches? I gotta believe we stress ball protection in practice, but LT just seems to make some bad decisions. Part of that is because we have no legit running threat, and part of it is b/c our offensive line cannot protect or pick up a blitz. But a good part of it is on LT's decision making.

Let's hope Andrew Ford is a good decision maker, Marshawn Williams is like the old school VT running backs, and our OL recruits get back to being mean, nasty, and physical.
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

Painful... Two weeks in a row we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Well so much for that. No team can win when they turn the ball over that much. I wonder if our turnover woes have more to do with our players, or more to do with our coaches? I gotta believe we stress ball protection in practice, but LT just seems to make some bad decisions. Part of that is because we have no legit running threat, and part of it is b/c our offensive line cannot protect or pick up a blitz. But a good part of it is on LT's decision making.
Far too much is being placed on LT's shoulders in this offense. No running game, piss-poor blocking and a split-personality receiving corps (up one minute, down the next)...it's simply too much for LT to overcome in my opinion and I honestly don't believe another QB would make that much of a difference. Another QB is not going to improve the running game or the blocking. It may make some difference with the receivers but I'm not convinced. The biggest factor, in my opinion, is the absolute lack of anything remotely resembling a running game. With no threat of the run, D's are able to have a field day.
miles

Post by miles »

Hokie5150 wrote:
Far too much is being placed on LT's shoulders in this offense. No running game, piss-poor blocking and a split-personality receiving corps (up one minute, down the next)...it's simply too much for LT to overcome in my opinion and I honestly don't believe another QB would make that much of a difference. Another QB is not going to improve the running game or the blocking. It may make some difference with the receivers but I'm not convinced. The biggest factor, in my opinion, is the absolute lack of anything remotely resembling a running game. With no threat of the run, D's are able to have a field day.
BAM! hammer--->nail